Jets Ticket Prices on Stubhub

Lot K Tailgaters

Club Seats will never get back to face, the aftermarket fans are looking for a deal and those in the sections adjacent make the Club's look way overpriced.  They aren't interested in carpeting and private bathrooms; they just want in the door on the cheap.

SAR I

agreed re pricing.  i think $225 for my club goal line seats is more appropriate versus your $150 in the mezz corners.  not $250 or whatever they are.

however, in the winter time it's probably worth $50-$75 bucks to me

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as i have said on JI, this is a very bad long term move.  I guess they figure they have all the lower level guys locked in and don't care. 

i can't sell my club seats for even half of face.

There are too many unsold seats in the entire place period.  In the past having these brokers was a pain but they had a floor and they couldn't drop the price below.  That's how most teams and brokers have things arranged.  Now it looks like they don't want a place over 20% empty so they are undercutting everything.

It's hard, that's a fact.

I live 25 minutes from the stadium and I have zero traffic (Bergen County rocks) but even for me it's a very long day.  Have to leave by 10:30 to get a good parking spot by 11:00.  Hang around for 2 hours until kickoff.  Game ends at 4:15 and I'm in the car by 4:25 and home by 5:00.

That's 6 1/2 hours, that's practically a full working day where my wife has to hold the bag and get the kids to soccer, dance, playdates, etc.  If they'd just kill those tailgaters I'd be able to cruise up at 12:45 and get 2 of those hours back.

SAR I

That's rough. I get up at 3:30 a.m. to pack the car.  I leave my house at 4:45 a.m., drive a half hour to pick up my buddy then an hour from there to the stadium. We're outside the gates at 6:30. Tailgate from 8 -12. Game 1-4. Tailgate till 6ish. hour drive back to his house. half hour back to mine, unpack the car, step inside the house around 8:30 p.m., just in time for Sunday night football.  

I live 25 minutes from the stadium and I have zero traffic (Bergen County rocks) but even for me it's a very long day.  Have to leave by 10:30 to get a good parking spot by 11:00.  Hang around for 2 hours until kickoff.  Game ends at 4:15 and I'm in the car by 4:25 and home by 5:00.

That's 6 1/2 hours, that's practically a full working day where my wife has to hold the bag and get the kids to soccer, dance, playdates, etc.  If they'd just kill those tailgaters I'd be able to cruise up at 12:45 and get 2 of those hours back.

SAR I

The last 2 games I went to, from the time I left my house to the time I got home, it was an 8-9 hour ordeal. Way too much of a time investment.

In all seriousness next time the Jets have a "fan advisory meeting" or whatever else they do this needs to be brought up.  Last year they called someone I know offering group tickets at a discount to the Steelers game.  When you unload probably 25% of your tickets off to a broker to sell below face value this happens. 

In all seriousness next time the Jets have a "fan advisory meeting" or whatever else they do this needs to be brought up.  Last year they called someone I know offering group tickets at a discount to the Steelers game.  When you unload probably 25% of your tickets off to a broker to sell below face value this happens. 

Agreed.

That cannot happen unless they start lowering prices for everyone.  They are undercutting their own product and p*ssing off their own fan base at the same time.

Agreed.

That cannot happen unless they start lowering prices for everyone.  They are undercutting their own product and p*ssing off their own fan base at the same time.

the club seats and upper deck will be the guys that leave first. i think it's already difficult for them to sell those sections and there really isn't a financial tie to those guys.

i suspect if and when we give up our club seats, we will probably end up going to 3 games a year and be very happy even if i have to pay above face value for them.

i almost did it this year but decided to stick around for one more year.  

My seats are going for about 30% less then what I paid for them as of now on SH, but the surprising thing to me is the uppers. When I had them they won always go for about 25-50 bucks over what I paid ( for the opener) now I see the uppers selling for 30 bucks. 

I lnow SAR will disagree with this but the PSL is just a way to make sure people keep buying tix. I know SAR will say it's water under the bridge because his are paid off, but I financed mine and most likely will renew because of my deposit and what I have paid in. I like the having the same seat and I love my seats but what good is it if I can buy my 125 seat for 90 bucks and no PSL. 

We knew we'd be bad last year and still the opener and premium games were good sellers. Now if I can't make a game I'm lucky to loose 30%. It's getting worse and worse. 

SAR I

Why in the world would you not get a car service?  Driving yourself to the game if you're not tailgating and can afford not to seems absurd.

I agree, and I got hit last year for games I couldn't attend, hard to give away some of the seats to some games.

But....

Opening Day

Easy Opponent

1PM

Sunny Skies

75 Degrees

New HC/GM/Revis No Geno

If there are still 5,000+ tickets on Stubhub on Saturday this is a shift in fan behavior that's very different than past years.  No matter how bad the Jets were, opening day 1PM was always a hot ticket.

SAR I

I'm shocked you haven't said the reason there are so many tickets still on Stubhub is the fans don't want to see Ed come back on Sunday.

Traffic, weather, expense, time limitations, high priced concessions, obnoxious drunk fans and poor sight lines vs. Comfortable seat with perfect HD view and inexpensive/unlimited food/drink plus ability to monitor other games and keep up with fantasy team.   Is it any wonder fans are staying away?  I would imagine it is happening in quite a few stadiums and it is the beginning of a trend.  

I'm shocked you haven't said the reason there are so many tickets still on Stubhub is the fans don't want to see Ed come back on Sunday.

LOL, but with only 3,800 signatures on the petition its clear that there aren't enough people who care enough either way.

SAR I

agreed re pricing.  i think $225 for my club goal line seats is more appropriate versus your $150 in the mezz corners.  not $250 or whatever they are.

however, in the winter time it's probably worth $50-$75 bucks to me

Agreed, thing is that Club seats and the aftermarket just don't mesh.  It's not a big deal-  anyone who can afford Club's can afford to eat losses on the games they don't attend anyway.

SAR I

That's rough. I get up at 3:30 a.m. to pack the car.  I leave my house at 4:45 a.m., drive a half hour to pick up my buddy then an hour from there to the stadium. We're outside the gates at 6:30. Tailgate from 8 -12. Game 1-4. Tailgate till 6ish. hour drive back to his house. half hour back to mine, unpack the car, step inside the house around 8:30 p.m., just in time for Sunday night football.  

Wow, that's a really long day, reminds me of when I'd drive down from New Hampshire 5x a year, 10 hours round trip, just too much.

The last 2 games I went to, from the time I left my house to the time I got home, it was an 8-9 hour ordeal. Way too much of a time investment.

Agreed.  Thing is, when the team is really good it takes the edge off the effort one makes to attend games.  When they're bad or rebuilding it pushes one over the edge towards lack of enthusiasm and lack of participation.

We need a quarterback.

SAR I

Wow, that's a really long day, reminds me of when I'd drive down from New Hampshire 5x a year, 10 hours round trip, just too much.

Agreed.  Thing is, when the team is really good it takes the edge off the effort one makes to attend games.  When they're bad or rebuilding it pushes one over the edge towards lack of enthusiasm and lack of participation.

We need a quarterback.

SAR I

Good or bad I just prefer watching at home. It just doesn't seem worth the time or money investment when the quality of the TV broadcast is so good and the convenience unmatched. 

the club seats and upper deck will be the guys that leave first. i think it's already difficult for them to sell those sections and there really isn't a financial tie to those guys.

i suspect if and when we give up our club seats, we will probably end up going to 3 games a year and be very happy even if i have to pay above face value for them.

i almost did it this year but decided to stick around for one more year.  

All depends on the section and the row.

I am in 340 Row 8.  40 yard line, TV side of the field, 1st row up there without the railing obstruction.

Checked SH in my general area.  I would net a profit of $3 per ticket if I sold.

Tells me my tickets are priced about right.  

Ticket resales in upper rows in almost any section and almost all in the EZ sections will get killed.

All depends on the section and the row.

I am in 340 Row 8.  40 yard line, TV side of the field, 1st row up there without the railing obstruction.

Checked SH in my general area.  I would net a profit of $3 per ticket if I sold.

Tells me my tickets are priced about right.  

Ticket resales in upper rows in almost any section and almost all in the EZ sections will get killed.

yo have good seats. The others get crushed. 

For me it's hard to go to more than 5 games a year  

t

Definitely agree with your first reason. The second reason is a possibility but hardly a slam dunk. More interest, yes. But doubt they'd sell out anyway.

It's too much of an ordeal to get in & out of there. In doesn't bother me since we like pre-game tailgating. But after the game's over? I just want to go home, not hang out in the parking lot for an hour or more to avoid traffic that's more infuriating than the game I just watched. Even more so when the nice weather disappears. It's just too comfortable and pleasant to not go to the stadium even if it's a great/exciting game and the team's on fire.

For me it just isn't worth the trip anymore. It seems lots of people feel this way. 

There is nothing worse than that parking lot wait after a loss.

And really your couch or the local gin mill is better in every way-food, bathrooms,comfort, RedZone, AC/heat. And when it's over you're already home. Not sure the NFL appreciates that going to the game is really a pain in the ass in a lot of ways. 

All stadiums around here have car service/taxi lots.  Bit further of a walk sometimes, but you're out immediately.  I don't know the exact location a MetLife but all the drivers do.

Taxis and Limousines Drop-Off and Pick Up Area

• The designated area for all drop offs and pickups is between parking lots E + D. There is curb space along the roadway that provides a safe area to facilitate pre-event drop offs and post event pickups.
  • If a limousine or taxi driver has a pre-paid parking permit the vehicle will be permitted to enter the Sports Complex after paying an additional fee with either a credit card or cash, but will not be permitted to park in striped parking spaces if the vehicle takes up more than one parking space or will obstruct the drive aisle. The limousine or taxi will have to be parked along a curb or in a location that does not block traffic and the driver must remain with the car.

Taxis and Limousines Drop-Off and Pick Up Area

• The designated area for all drop offs and pickups is between parking lots E + D. There is curb space along the roadway that provides a safe area to facilitate pre-event drop offs and post event pickups.
  • If a limousine or taxi driver has a pre-paid parking permit the vehicle will be permitted to enter the Sports Complex after paying an additional fee with either a credit card or cash, but will not be permitted to park in striped parking spaces if the vehicle takes up more than one parking space or will obstruct the drive aisle. The limousine or taxi will have to be parked along a curb or in a location that does not block traffic and the driver must remain with the car.

Just had a thought... I'll bet you could get an Uber driver to and from.  Could be a great time and money saver.

Park your car a few miles from the stadium and make the call for the drive in.

Make the call exiting the stadium for the drive out.

There are probably some drivers that already circulate around the stadium on game days.

We need a quarterback.

SAR I

No, that's not true. I still wouldn't go anymore anyway (certainly not with any regularity). Not even if the tickets were free. 

Just had a thought... I'll bet you could get an Uber driver to and from.  Could be a great time and money saver.

Park your car a few miles from the stadium and make the call for the drive in.

Make the call exiting the stadium for the drive out.

There are probably some drivers that already circulate around the stadium on game days.

I saw an uber car taking someone to the Eagles preseason. I know it was uber since the person had put a small sign saying "uber" on their window. That is a good idea.

Got it!

I do Lot G.

In and out off the Turnpike.

How is the traffic on the Turnpike getting to and from games these days.  I used to drive up the turnpike then back down to and from games for years in the 90s and the first half of the 2000s.  At the time, you had to get there pretty early or you'd be stuck in traffic.  And on the way home, I always sat on the Turnpike for a while on the way out.

I then moved and now I can go on the turnpike or via route 3.  I think with zero traffic turnpike is like 2 minutes faster according to google.  But I always take 3 since the traffic is much better than what I remember from the turnpike.

But I haven't checked in years and was just curious - how is traffic on the Turnpike getting in and out of games these days?

I saw an uber car taking someone to the Eagles preseason. I know it was uber since the person had put a small sign saying "uber" on their window. That is a good idea.

Uber is dirt cheap too.  I was in San Francisco in March and took it for the first time.

2 miles from Union Square to Fisherman's Wharf was a whopping $8.46 including the tip.

You could find somewhere off of Route 3, 17 or 120 to park your car and have them pick you up and drop you off.

I'll bet it adds up to be cheaper than a parking pass and probably a lot faster too.

How is the traffic on the Turnpike getting to and from games these days.  I used to drive up the turnpike then back down to and from games for years in the 90s and the first half of the 2000s.  At the time, you had to get there pretty early or you'd be stuck in traffic.  And on the way home, I always sat on the Turnpike for a while on the way out.

I then moved and now I can go on the turnpike or via route 3.  I think with zero traffic turnpike is like 2 minutes faster according to google.  But I always take 3 since the traffic is much better than what I remember from the turnpike.

But I haven't checked in years and was just curious - how is traffic on the Turnpike getting in and out of games these days?

I've had good luck with Route 3 going both ways.

Sometimes I roll the dice with the turnpike going in because as the crow flies it's shorter in but I usually always take 3 home as you are right, the turnpike gets congested on the way home.

I  come in from 78 in the Somerset Hills area so I can go either way.

I've had good luck with Route 3 going both ways.

Sometimes I roll the dice with the turnpike going in because as the crow flies it's shorter in but I usually always take 3 home as you are right, the turnpike gets congested on the way home.

I  come in from 78 in the Somerset Hills area so I can go either way.

Thank you!  And yeah it's a similar situation for me.  I'm in Union County just a couple miles south of 78.  I either take back roads to the GSP and go up to 3, or I get right on 78 and almost always then get on the GSP up to 3.  But I'm also sometimes tempted to continue on 78 to the Turnpike, and I've done that for some of these special event things where I've figured there'd be no stadium traffic.  But I've been scared to chance it on game day.

Thank you again for the quick info!  I am psyched for the season to finally get started!

The turnpike north still sucks after games . Especially in September and October . There is a shortcut through Fort Lee taking Route 17 behind the stadium to get you to the GW Bridge . It saves an hour on some Sundays .

Archived