Jets Ticket Prices on Stubhub

Lot K Tailgaters

Anyone on hear heard of or had any experience with taking Uber in and out of the stadium?

I checked online and it appears it is being done.

I'd be curious to know the logistics and how much it may cost.

Never used them to or from a stadium.  I believe they'd have to park outside the stadium after the game which is a bit of a hike.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never used them to or from a stadium.  I believe they'd have to park outside the stadium after the game which is a bit of a hike.

The pickup/drop off area is between lot D and E and it is a schlep from the stadium and on the other side from where my seats are.

It's Lot G for me, butt-up to the gate - in and out.

I also decided on Route 3 both ways.  Not going to d*ck around with the turnpike.

Definitely agree with your first reason. The second reason is a possibility but hardly a slam dunk. More interest, yes. But doubt they'd sell out anyway.

It's too much of an ordeal to get in & out of there. In doesn't bother me since we like pre-game tailgating. But after the game's over? I just want to go home, not hang out in the parking lot for an hour or more to avoid traffic that's more infuriating than the game I just watched. Even more so when the nice weather disappears. It's just too comfortable and pleasant to not go to the stadium even if it's a great/exciting game and the team's on fire.

For me it just isn't worth the trip anymore. It seems lots of people feel this way. 

I feel the same way. 

I'd love to go to a game now and then but pass on free/cheap tickets because the experience is not worth the hassle to me.  I hate traffic and I hate the price gouging for everything - the paying for parking alone is enough for me on principle not to attend a game.  I mean, it's not a city, it's a swamp and the whole reason I drove there was to spend money on the game and $10 hot dogs, and then you're going to force me to overpay to rent a piece of asphalt in a swamp - ugh, smh, I can't.

I feel the same way. 

I'd love to go to a game now and then but pass on free/cheap tickets because the experience is not worth the hassle to me.  I hate traffic and I hate the price gouging for everything - the paying for parking alone is enough for me on principle not to attend a game.  I mean, it's not a city, it's a swamp and the whole reason I drove there was to spend money on the game and $10 hot dogs, and then you're going to force me to overpay to rent a piece of asphalt in a swamp - ugh, smh, I can't.

I don't disagree with those who feel this way, but comparatively speaking the NFL is a bargain.

Yankees, Mets, Knicks, Rangers.....these sports have extremely long seasons and their prices are more expensive than a Jets or Giants game.  Attend 8 home games you're seeing 50% of an NFL season and it would cost you $1,000 for the seat.  To see 50% of a Yankees season it would cost you $8,100 and to see 50% of a Rangers season it would cost you $8,200.  Food and drink and parking/rail costs more in those venues as well.

SAR I

I feel the same way. 

The parking is a real screw job. 

All other sports venues in NY/NJ you can park on the street somewhere within a reasonable walking distance - not Metlife.

They have you by the short hairs, you have to park in that lot.

And forget about the train.  That is overpriced, takes forever and is crowded like a cattle car.

I took that once on OD against the Ravens in 2009.  Never again.

The parking is a real screw job. 

All other sports venues in NY/NJ you can park on the street somewhere within a reasonable walking distance - not Metlife.

They have you by the short hairs, you have to park in that lot.

And forget about the train.  That is overpriced, takes forever and is crowded like a cattle car.

I took that once on OD against the Ravens in 2009.  Never again.

The parking is comparatively expensive because it costs an incredible amount of money for all the extra security and cleanup crews after the Vietnam that is a Jets tailgate.  You pay more because Vinny From Staten Island needs to blast his Molly Hatchett music and flick pork bones and pick fights while burping and farting and pissing on cars and taking up three parking spots.

SAR I

I don't disagree with those who feel this way, but comparatively speaking the NFL is a bargain.

Yankees, Mets, Knicks, Rangers.....these sports have extremely long seasons and their prices are more expensive than a Jets or Giants game.  Attend 8 home games you're seeing 50% of an NFL season and it would cost you $1,000 for the seat.  To see 50% of a Yankees season it would cost you $8,100 and to see 50% of a Rangers season it would cost you $8,200.  Food and drink and parking/rail costs more in those venues as well.

SAR I

Parking on the street is very doable for the Mets, Yankees, Knicks and Devils.

MetLife is the only venue where you have no choice but to pay for parking or take the over priced cattle car.

The parking is comparatively expensive because it costs an incredible amount of money for all the extra security and cleanup crews after the Vietnam that is a Jets tailgate.  You pay more because Vinny From Staten Island needs to blast his Molly Hatchett music and flick pork bones and pick fights while burping and farting and pissing on cars and taking up three parking spots.

SAR I

Vinnie from Staten Island finds you, he's going to kick your *ss.

Parking on the street is very doable for the Mets, Yankees, Knicks and Devils.

MetLife is the only venue where you have no choice but to pay for parking or take the over priced cattle car.

Not sure if serious about street parking in the Bronx or Manhattan or Newark.  While possible, its certainly not advisable.

That said, if parking for the Jets is $30 and to be more fair it should be $20, the average game attendee isn't sweating the $10 difference.  In the context of tickets/concessions/tolls making a group of 4 attending a game to the tune of $600, the $10 is a non-starter.

SAR I

Resale prices depend on the row. I'm in 340 in Row 8. If I resold in my section I'd make only about $3 per ticket but I wouldn't lose. Guys higher up would get killed.

the club seats and upper deck will be the guys that leave first. i think it's already difficult for them to sell those sections and there really isn't a financial tie to those guys.

i suspect if and when we give up our club seats, we will probably end up going to 3 games a year and be very happy even if i have to pay above face value for them.

i almost did it this year but decided to stick around for one more year.  

Correct.

I was lucky to get $100 for my $125 tickets.  The Jewish holiday is hurting aftermarket sales for this game.

SAR I

Since we are all driving together this week, I sold my extra yellow parking pass on stub hub and netted $60.  I priced it in the bottom 10 for Instant Download Yellows and it sold in under 24 hours.  That means the poor soul who bought it paid over $80 for it.  Granted, it was earlier in the week, but the parking passes have far more investment potential than any stadium seating..   There is something seriously wrong with that picture, if you ask me.  

SAR I

No.Nobody goes to that many games unless they're insane or ridiculously wealthy.  I can go to a Rangers or Islanders (in Brooklyn now) or the Yankees or Mets getting a  secondary ticket reasonably,  and get a very good meal nearby for a reasonable price, or hit a bar for a few pregame beers.All of those teams offer deals on tickets and concessions. And take the subway to any of those venues. The train to MetLife is awful going home. 

crazy that someone boght those because club goalline seats were available at similar price. 

Row 1 seats on the aisle have greater value than a carpeted food court. Though with some potential weather tomorrow that is surprising for this particular contest.

SAR I

Since we are all driving together this week, I sold my extra yellow parking pass on stub hub and netted $60.  I priced it in the bottom 10 for Instant Download Yellows and it sold in under 24 hours.  That means the poor soul who bought it paid over $80 for it.  Granted, it was earlier in the week, but the parking passes have far more investment potential than any stadium seating..   There is something seriously wrong with that picture, if you ask me.  

Yeah, the ROI on the parking passes are great I can always get a 30% vig on my green's. 

While enthusiasm in the media is high, we are after all a 4 win team in a rebuild with a quiet head coach, no quarterback, the Mets are a very hot ticket for a change, it's Cleveland, nasty holiday traffic, and rain. 

If the Philadelphia game gets an equal amount of disinterest, could be signaling a change in fan behavior.  My seats have never had a tough time in selling at face or above especially for an opening day. 

SAR I 

Yeah, the ROI on the parking passes are great I can always get a 30% vig on my green's. 

While enthusiasm in the media is high, we are after all a 4 win team in a rebuild with a quiet head coach, no quarterback, the Mets are a very hot ticket for a change, it's Cleveland, nasty holiday traffic, and rain. 

If the Philadelphia game gets an equal amount of disinterest, could be signaling a change in fan behavior.  My seats have never had a tough time in selling at face or above especially for an opening day. 

SAR I 

I understand why sports franchise chase the whales of luxury boxes. But there was a time teens and 20somethings could afford a ballgame, and it built their fan bases. Gonna be interesting longterm how that works out. Because as younger fans get used to seeing sports only as a TV thing only, it will definitely change behavior. Seems like short term thinking . 

I understand why sports franchise chase the whales of luxury boxes. But there was a time teens and 20somethings could afford a ballgame, and it built their fan bases. Gonna be interesting longterm how that works out. Because as younger fans get used to seeing sports only as a TV thing only, it will definitely change behavior. Seems like short term thinking . 

What's funny is that the alleged big draw at all these new stadiums, arenas, etc., is always the amazing Jumbrotron! So you can watch replays on a huge TV, just like you do at home! 

Wow these prices are nuts.  Being familiar with LSL pricing, including PSL payments, you pay like $330 per ticket.  

Annual PSL payment + ticket cost for 4 is roughly $10,500.  Now sure that includes the preseason, but obviously those are worthless.  So 10,500 / 32 (8 games x 4 tickets) = roughly $330 per ticket.  Screw whatever "face value" is.  That's what you pay per ticket.

Those numbers surely get worse in the Mezz clubs.  I just looked at pricing on stubhub in the LSL and included lower prime and the Mezz clubs.  Figuring those were all comparable.

Tickets for $80.  To the home opener!  Insane.  Sure it's the Browns and calling for some rain, but the home opener is usually one of the higher priced games even if it's a decent season where there's still playoff hope come Dec.  God forbid seasons like the last two when you can't even give away tickets come Nov/Dec.  If that happens, these seats will be going for like $50 or less.  Crazy.

Really tough to argue against just buying a parking pass.  Tailgate with a TV just in case you can't find tickets (even though extremely unlikely).  And buy tickets on your phone a couple hours before kickoff.  You'll be paying like a quarter of the cost many times.

Archived