### NY Jets vs Philadelphia Eagles--- Game Thread ###

Maxman

I wanted to post this in the game thread I cant find it?  

Can anyone post the video of Sproles return for a TD the tackling was horrible especially #40 Tommy Bohanon why is this guy on special teams, maybe we need a new special teams coach. 

Sickening. 

Good hustle scrolling to page 2 or 3 wherever that thread may be.

The coaches are watching you. We are timing you as you run around the bases.

Only the fastest kids will make this team.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sometimes the team your playing against makes good plays. Those guys are getting paid too, you know that right? As far as the missed tackles on the PR it was tough, but they'll get coached up on that. We're a 2-1 football team going to play a division rival, let's see how we rebound. 

Let's change coaches!  We are three games into the season.  The special teams has seemed worse for years.  The slide started under Westhoff who retired in 2007.  They hired Kevin O'Dea from Chicago I believe, then Westhoff came back to the sideline and O'Dea was semi-demoted.  Westhoff then mentored Ben Kowitca who played for Sutton at Army.  Kowitca took over when Westhoff actually retired after 2012.  Specials were sub-par, so the Jets went to the college ranks for Thomas McGaughey from LSU for 2014.  After the house cleaning they brought in Bobby April.  These guys are all legit coaches.  April has been a special teams coach in the NFL since 1991 at the coordinator level since 2001.  O'Dea is the ST coordinator in Tampa.  Kowitca is turning around the disaster that has been the Redskins special teams.  McGaughey was an Assistant with the Broncos and Giants and is now ST coordinator in San Francisco.  These are legitimate NFL level coordinators and Bobby April is as solid as they come.

Special teams are highly roster dependent.  When you monkey with the bottom of the roster to cover for injuries, it causes problems and flip-flops guys that are supposed to be in coverage or blocking.  Owusu, Walls and Reilly are pretty heavily involved in coverage.  I think Reilly played every coverage snap through the first two.  When you lose those guys there is a trickle down effect where other guys have to switch spots and the change creates issues.  I think Harris and Davis have been forced to play some coverage.  Uncertainty and changing faces make it harder to know your role and to trust the guy next to you.  That is one reason why I am not super impressed with great returns in the preseason - particularly in the 2nd half - yes, I 'm talking about Walt Powell. 

Sometimes the team your playing against makes good plays. Those guys are getting paid too, you know that right? As far as the missed tackles on the PR it was tough, but they'll get coached up on that. We're a 2-1 football team going to play a division rival, let's see how we rebound. 

The one loss being out of conference is a good thing as well.

The one loss being out of conference is a good thing as well.

very true. I think we'll be just fine. Maybe a little wake up call before our first matchup in the AFCE was a good thing. If we can get a W here and be 3-1 heading into a bye, getting Sheldon back and coming back home against WAS we could be set up pretty nicely. First things first, beat the fish. 

Good hustle scrolling to page 2 or 3 wherever that thread may be.

The coaches are watching you. We are timing you as you run around the bases.

Only the fastest kids will make this team.

lol at least somebody is merging threads around here. Good job kid! And good job scolding young joewilly12. Unfortunately a new game thread starter from Europe must be decided for the game in London. It is imperative 

Archived