### NY Jets vs Philadelphia Eagles--- Game Thread ###

Maxman

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Need to be at full strength though. Decker's loss might be the biggest contributor to this loss

disagree. The lack of power in our run game due to Ivory's absence is the reason. Kerley easily filled the stat sheet today with what Decker would have/ could have produced.

disagree. The lack of power in our run game due to Ivory's absence is the reason. Kerley easily filled the stat sheet today with what Decker would have/ could have produced.

Well, we had Ivory (albeit sore) against the Colts and couldn't run well, but Decker abusing their LBs in coverage was a huge part. Ivory was a loss, but Decker truly is a difference maker--much more than Kerley is.

Even worse than Fitz's play this game, coulda swore I heard Bowles say Fitz is still the starter.  ... (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.)  This keeps up much longer, may not waste my Sundays with family n friends on the team.  Bowles is being foolish and I'd rather not waste my time.  Fitz cannot win regularly even with a good offense surrounding him and a top D.

Edit:  Heck, Marshall sees it.  How else do you explain that toss/turnover?  He realized we need to try and turn every decent play into a score because Fitz misses most of 'em.

Really disappointed with Bowles n Co. that they didn't make a switch at half.  Much much worse if they still stick with Fitz vs Miami.  

Maybe it'll be time for camping on the weekends.  Though just watched Backcountry.  Anyone see that?  May need to pick up a .500 S&W before spending a weekend in the woods.

Even worse than Fitz's play this game, coulda swore I heard Bowles say Fitz is still the starter.  ... (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.)  This keeps up much longer, may not waste my Sundays with family n friends on the team.  Bowles is being foolish and I'd rather not waste my time.  Fitz cannot win regularly even with a good offense surrounding him and a top D.

Edit:  Heck, Marshall sees it.  How else do you explain that toss/turnover?  He realized we need to try and turn every decent play into a score because Fitz misses most of 'em.

Really disappointed with Bowles n Co. that they didn't make a switch at half.  Much much worse if they still stick with Fitz vs Miami.  

Maybe it'll be time for camping on the weekends.  Though just watched Backcountry.  Anyone see that?  May need to pick up a .500 S&W before spending a weekend in the woods.

Making that switch at half is called PANICKING.

Folks there is a reason that we brought Fitzgerald in as a back up QB, because he's basically a backup quarterback. We shouldn't hate the guy because he's physically limited in what he can do. Yet the reason we don't have a running game is, because defenses can basically ignore the deep game against the Jets, defenses will put 8 to 10 guys in the box and challenge Fritz to throw deep. I would say, that most coordinators will be willing to give up one or two completions for 10 or 12 stops, up on the line of scrimmage. This will be the whole season until we can get a quarterback who can throw the ball deep. For all you guys that don't want to play Geno, fine, put Petty in.

Once we have a QB who can throw the ball deep with a reasonable will mount of accuracy, our running game should really open up.

And your alternative right now is.....what, exactly?

Start Geno "Worst QB in NFL" Smith, before he's fully back in the swing, and with no real time working post-injury yet?

That seems like either panic, or a preconceived agenda, to me.

Have no fear, Fitz plays like today again, and we're 2-2, I won't doubt we see Geno Smith.

I wouldn't necessarily get your hopes up, however, of Geno "making wasting your Sundays" any better, tho. 

No I don't think it is.  It's going back to your starter after the backup fails.  Continuing that into the following weeks is fu@kin idiotic.  Hopefully Bowels comes to his senses real quick.

While I would like to see either Geno or even Petty start, either QB must be prepared and able to execute the game plan. Also they must play better than Fitzpatrick in practice next week in order to start. I would say Gino probably has the better chance to do that within a week then Bryce petty does.

If Geno at practice this week can make the deep game work against our defense, then we should at least give them start.

And your alternative right now is.....what, exactly?

Start Geno "Worst QB in NFL" Smith, before he's fully back in the swing, and with no real time working post-injury yet?

That seems like either panic, or a preconceived agenda, to me.

Have no fear, Fitz plays like today again, and we're 2-2, I won't doubt we see Geno Smith.

I wouldn't necessarily get your hopes up, however, of Geno "making wasting your Sundays" any better, tho. 

This.

Hey, we're 2-1 with a stout defense. after next week, we'll be 3-1...that's awesome in my book.

While I would like to see either Geno or even Petty start, either QB must be prepared and able to execute the game plan. Also they must play better than Fitzpatrick in practice next week in order to start. I would say Gino probably has the better chance to do that within a week then Bryce petty does.

If Geno at practice this week can make the deep game work against our defense, then we should at least give them start.

I would give Fitz one more start. If he fails against the Dolphins, then readjust during the bye and decide if you want to make Geno the starter. I think that is perfectly fair

I would give Fitz one more start. If he fails against the Dolphins, then readjust during the bye and decide if you want to make Geno the starter. I think that is perfectly fair

I would absolutely agree with this. It would also give the team a chance to get used to a new person on the center

Yep, absolutely fair.

Best player playing the best plays, period.

If that's Geno.....god help us if it is.....he should play.

If we lose to Miami after the way they are playing today, we are in trouble.

We have no reason to feel confident we can beat Miami - No reason to think the offense will be capable of putting up more than 17 points. 

They might win, they might now - but to think we're a better team means you really haven't watched this team. 

We have no reason to feel confident we can beat Miami - No reason to think the offense will be capable of putting up more than 17 points. 

They might win, they might now - but to think we're a better team means you really haven't watched this team. 

I've watched Miami though, and they've been horrible. If healthy, I think we can take them

I've watched Miami though, and they've been horrible. If healthy, I think we can take them

I have no doubt we can take them...but wouldn't go as far as to say "should"  It's a game that can go either way.

This Jet offense is probably a bottom 5 offense in the league (certainly bottom 10)...It's gonna be a battle to beat anyone.  

Problem is, Fitz could actually beat Miami.  Then the Geno haters will go back to saying "ya can't make a change while we're winning".  The team could win in spite of Fitz (likely) and the story/comments will be the same.  Just get the switch over with.  Geno will have miami, bye, and wash in prep for NE. 

Lol can you imagine Fitz vs NE?  Jesus that would be tough to watch.

The GeNONONO fan club will probably have to take a rest until midweek as they have suffered arm and shoulder strains from their massive pom pom waving during and after today's game

Dunno about the few others, but my arms arm freakin' killin' me.  Been waving the pom poms well before today.

o-line sucked and skill guys can't get open or break tackles.  how did the run game look to you ?

The Eagles stacked the box and focused on stopping the run because they know Fizpatrick can't beat them throwing the intermediate and deep ball. The Colts did the same thing and the difference was corner quality. The Colts had backup corners whereas the Eagles had good  starting corners.

Please let this be sarcastic. Otherwise, SMR

Really? You think Geno would have brought them back to a win? You could see this outcome from a mile away if you saw the injuries and the way the NFL tendencies go. Not a big surprise the way this game went... Now it's on to London and reassert their dominance on the the Fish!!!  

I think starting Petty in an away game would be a huge mistake.  I watched t he game and it wasn't just Fitzpatrick who flawed.  Both the defense and offense were weak.  This happens and this is why we don't see teams going 16-0 very often.  Much to premature to throw the towel in.  However,  I will admit (Bills fan here) that Fitz is nothing more than a back up QB.  That's why he's no longer in Buffalo

Archived