Is this kid Chris Owusu's brother?

Beerfish

Yep.  That's his brother.

Personal life

Owusu has a brother, Brian, who plays defensive back at Harvard. His sister, Crystal, is a guard on the Columbia basketball team.[13]His brother Francis Owusu is following in his footsteps, as he is playing wide receiver for the Stanford Cardinal football team.[14] He also has a third brother named Michael.

Yep.  And the youngest brother, Michael, is an outside linebacker and is drawing interest from Stanford, USC and UCLA.  He'll be graduating HS in 2017.  That family has some good genes!

If Owusu is as bright as this family sounds, I'd be real careful with those concussions, might even hang it up.  Not like he can't make money out of football.  Gets his gourd damaged, that will be over

If Owusu is as bright as this family sounds, I'd be real careful with those concussions, might even hang it up.  Not like he can't make money out of football.  Gets his gourd damaged, that will be over

This is the exact reason you'll start to see kids from affluent/intelligent family backgrounds start to move away from playing football.

This is the exact reason you'll start to see kids from affluent/intelligent family backgrounds start to move away from playing football.

Think we are already seeing that with the soccer mom's.  What they don't get is soccer has a hell of  a lot of concussions also

Think we are already seeing that with the soccer mom's.  What they don't get is soccer has a hell of  a lot of concussions also

It's funny, whenever my son (who is 14) tries to header the ball, my wife is yelling at him, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING???  LET SOMEONE ELSE GET THE BALL!"

actually they do, it is a problem in soccer as well.  Soccer isn't football in this Country so it's not as big of an issue.

Are we seeing kids from affluent/intelligent family backgrounds playing football now? 

My son is a few years younger, I will not allow him to head the ball.

What a stupid thing to do.  This could easily come around to bite him in the ass if a player on the opposite team takes advantage of the timid rules you have set forth.

IF you are going to handicap him you might as well just force him to quit.

On top of that you've already admitted you are going to coerce him to play American football one day, where the danger could easily be multiplied. 

What a stupid thing to do.  This could easily come around to bite him in the ass if a player on the opposite team takes advantage of the timid rules you have set forth.

IF you are going to handicap him you might as well just force him to quit.

On top of that you've already admitted you are going to coerce him to play American football one day, where the danger could easily be multiplied. 

it's not stupid, heading the ball is stupid.  they aren't playing for championship rings.  If he is still playing when he is older we'll revisit but at 8/9/10 years old he doesn't need to be heading the ball.

I am not coercing anything, if I was he'd be playing football now.  the decision is all up to him but I can tell by his actions that he wants to play football and while he likes soccer he doesn't love it like other sports that he plays.

people don't realize the danger in soccer w/ heading the ball is similar to playing football as far as head injuries.  obviously there are other injuries in football that makes it more dangerous but heading the ball is very dangerous.

Archived