Why the Patriots are given favorable treatment

GoingToMyGraveGreen

Excellent insight.  Imagine what would happen if Massachusetts and Rhode Island were part of New England? Then there would be SIX states represented by the Patriots.  So the Patriots would be getting treatment that is SIX TIMES as favorable as all those teams that serve only one state!

Apparently he lived in New England BEFORE Massachusetts and Rhode Island became states. I was raised in Connecticut and I think that is in New England as well. I became a Jets fan when I was a kid because the Patriots and Giants stunk and the Jets didn't. I think the teams that get "favorable" treatment get it because they are fan faves. Denver, SF, Pitt, Dallas, GB, NYG, NE, and used to be Miami because of Don Shula's influence on the competition committee which grades refs. The Jets don't have a "national" following so they don't get the respect from the refs. I agree that sometimes the Jets get screwed on outrageously bad calls, but what are you going to do?

Ummm . . . so you are saying that they get favorable treatment from the league. 

not really. More like the Patriots ARE the league. As are the Jets. It's 32 franchises of Burger King. We can pretend like they are all different businesses that have rivalries but it's all for show.  They can't actually punish the Pats and kick them out because it disgraces the product. 

in another set up, for example European soccer, there is a threat of relegation to a different league and they truly are separate businesses.  this NFL anti-trust communism/monopoly set up encourages cover ups and keeping secrets. 

I'm a Jets fan, posting on a Jets site. What's your excuse... did you smell penis and come running?

last time I checked this site is not limited to only jet fans. what else you got?

ok...gay joke by you, checked.

what else you got, we know how you want the last word...soooo bad

integrity28 says............

I used to live in New England for 15 years, so I hope I have a special insight here.

We're all frustrated with the favorable treatment the Patriots get - would you like to know one reason why?...they are the only NFL team that serves FOUR states (Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont and Connecticut). All of these states are "New England".

So let's looks at the other states that have NFL teams:

New York - three: The Jets, Giants and Bills...can't favor one of these (although I could make a case that the Giants get favorable treatment).

Pennsylvania - two: the Eagles and Steelers...can't favor one of these unless you want to put your life on the line.

Maryland/DC (virtually the same) - two: Ravens and Washington (being PC here).

Florida - three: Jags, Bucs and the Fins...most of these fans are from elsewhere anyway (retirement state).

Texas - two: The Boys and the Texans...the lines are divided and you don't want to cross them in this state!

Ohio: - two: Browns and the Bengals....well at least the Bengals are fielding a team from time to time.

Missouri - two: Chiefs (wanted to spell it the Chefs) and the Rams.

California - three: Da Raidas, 49ers and the Chargers...most people in CA are too laid back and if their team loses...OMG!,,,like, fer sure!

The remaining teams that have one are: Green Bay, Lions, Cards, Broncos, Vikings, Seahawks, Saints, Titans, Falcons, Bears and Panthers....but these serve single state fans.

We all know fans for teams are everywhere these days so this is a generalization.

But I submit that the Patriot get favorable treatment because they serve four states and not any other NFL team can say that...and the sad thing is there is not a thing we can do about it, unless someone brings a team into the region - which does not look like anytime soon.

There are rumors about the Jaguars moving to Massachusetts.

Some guy in the mac n cheese business built a stadium outside of Boston.

last time I checked this site is not limited to only jet fans. what else you got?

ok...gay joke by you, checked.

what else you got, we know how you want the last word...soooo bad

integrity28 says............

True but at the same time this IS a site for Jet fans.  You are being allowed to post here. For now.

Archived