David Harris: Leadership, bitches.

Integrity28

I'm convinced Cro's hip is worse than anyone is saying or he has some other injury. He's playing soft.

Coples needs a hand in the dirt. Enough already.

Guess what, Dee Milliner is healthy and eligible.  Let's see what he can do because Cro was hot garbage yesterday.  Maybe he's hurt, but if he is, he's useless to the team on the field.

As a longtime Jets fan I find it difficult to believe that Sunday's effort wasn't "our normal standard" and that they occasionally step out of character just long enough for fans to start hoping......then.......thud.

This team no-shows more than any Jets squad I can ever remember, harking back to the early 80's.  It's core are the guys who no-showed at the 2010 AFC Championship Game letting Pittsburgh wipe the floor with us from the opening gun, and all those lousy games in 2011.

If David Harris is such a leader he'd have gotten the D back on track in the second half at Oakland, not waited until after the game to talk tough.  It shouldn't take Jeane Coakley and a microphone to get these guys to show some passion.

SAR I

A playmaking, game changing pass rusher who OC's have to game plan for versus a friggn' Center.

You think that was a good trade?

That trade worked out very well for the Jets.  When they were able to draft their left tackle Dbrickshaw Ferguson in the same year, they solidify their offense line for the next decade.( with the two  most  key positions on the oline( Lt, and Center).    

Easily they would have done that trade again.( that was a great trade the Jets made)

The Jets mistake was not targeting that pass rushing lb in Fa , or the draft , since that trade. (Seems like they had Cold Feet after Vernon Gholston miss)   They kept drafting defense tackles, and when your an 3/4 defense the pressure should be coming from the Olb in that defense, not from the defense line.

After Denver dismantled the Packers last night, and Carr carved up our defense... I think the thing that is haunting my Monday most is: Why the **** is the Jets defense not doing what the Denver defense is?

You can't attribute it to Manning keeping his defense off the field all season, so they can pin their ears back with a lead. Manning has given the Broncose QB play similar to what we've gotten from Fitz. 

You can't attribute it to the Broncos spending gobs and gobs of money on their secondary, because we did too.

I said it in the game thread... you don't spend this kind of money on a defense, and then hand it over to a rookie DC. This was the one move they made in retooling the staff that left me concerned. Having a rookie DC means you expose the team to a situation where he struggles. If he struggles, then the defensive-minded HC has to compensate, which takes him away from HIS learning curve as a HC. Thus making the team weaker at both the HC and DC spots. 

The things showing up on the field are coaching problems too. This defense has come out flat several times, almost average half of each game looking flat and entitled. The most gratuitous moments being the first half versus the Browns, the first half versus the Eagles, and now the whole game versus the Raiders.

If this team is going to be identified by their defense, the identity is: we can be magnificent, if we feel like it that day.

Our QB situation is going to get all the headlines, but this defense is a monumental disappointment right now. Aside from a few really aggressive quarters where they took over some of our early games, they've been pedestrian at best. No drive-ending sacks, minimal QB hurries, not disrupting plays, WRs are running free, blow coverages, missed tackles... and the turnovers are drying up too. 

I just don't understand how we can change the personnel in coaching and players and the results are always similar. Lifeless. The Jets NEVER seize the moment, and never take control of their own destiny. How could a team have "not stepping up" as such a fundamental part of their DNA when they are the same team that won SBIII?

Picking up where I left off on this thought... at worst, we should be what the Panthers are, and if I had to win one game right now I'd take their defense over ours.

I just don't understand how we can change the personnel in coaching and players and the results are always similar. Lifeless. The Jets NEVER seize the moment, and never take control of their own destiny. How could a team have "not stepping up" as such a fundamental part of their DNA when they are the same team that won SBIII?

Wow, those 3-4 hours per Sunday you get bummed out, multiply that by about 4 decades, and you do take it like a trooper. I will never speak an ill word of you again. SBIII, what a game though!

Archived