Browns looking for a 3rd pick for OLB Mingo

joewilly12

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that the Browns are also looking for a third-round pick in return for former first-round pick OLB Barkevious Mingo.

Previous reports have said that Mingo is available ahead of today’s deadline along with OLB Paul Kruger. However, there hasn’t been a lot of buzz since then regarding Mingo or Kruger being dealt.

Mingo, 25, is in the third year of his four-year, $16.347 million contract that included a $10.268 million signing bonus. He’ll make a base salary of $585,000 this season and another $675,000 in 2016.

The Browns also have the ability to exercise his fifth-year option, but it’s unlikely they would do so, considering that they’re reportedly willing to trade him.

This season, Mingo has appeared in eight games and recorded 16 tackles, no sacks, one interception and four pass defenses.

Also rumors that the Eagles are shopping Vinny Curry who has a better track record than Mingo.  The Jets really should be looking at one of these two players, I would not give a 3rd for Mingo but would make a lower offer.  I would prefer going after Curry.

Also rumors that the Eagles are shopping Vinny Curry who has a better track record than Mingo.  The Jets really should be looking at one of these two players, I would not give a 3rd for Mingo but would make a lower offer.  I would prefer going after Curry.

Our defense could really use a playmaker LB 

Mingo for a 4 is a must grab. He can play and is better than Pace. Plus he's still on his rookie deal and will be cheap.

Mingo was the 6th pick in the first rd and had 7 sacks his first 2 years however Coples who was the 16th pick in the first rd had 10 sacks in his first 2 years is a bust?? Plus Pace is better in sacks and tackles how is Mingo a must grab?? 

Mingo was the 6th pick in the first rd and had 7 sacks his first 2 years however Coples who was the 16th pick in the first rd had 10 sacks in his first 2 years is a bust?? Plus Pace is better in sacks and tackles how is Mingo a must grab?? 

U tell him John.

Who said I thought he's a bust? I like Coples but the laziness knock on him is not misplaced. Mingo is a good, athletic young player who could come and bring explosiveness at a position where we happen to be old and slow at (Pace)..... For a 4th rounder (they will never get what they want) I think that's a great deal and the Jets must pull the trigger if they can. Our D is an explosive pass rusher away from being put over the top.

Who said I thought he's a bust? I like Coples but the laziness knock on him is not misplaced. Mingo is a good, athletic young player who could come and bring explosiveness at a position where we happen to be old and slow at (Pace)..... For a 4th rounder (they will never get what they want) I think that's a great deal and the Jets must pull the trigger if they can. Our D is an explosive pass rusher away from being put over the top.

Granted we need one but we need more then that after the last 2 games..

Agreed.  Curry is a much better pass rusher. 

Archived