All NY Jets Fans Today...

I am over it pretty quickly, just looking forward to hopefully some key guys getting healthy.  Last night sucked but we'll get another crack at Buffalo and winning that win w/ a potential playoff spot on the line will dwarf any significance from last night.

Nothing will change kind of numb to it by now win some lose many. 

Games we should have won we lose. 

Did we find a QB yet?  How about a RB?  A TE? 

we're still rebuilding from the disaster that was John Idzik and Rex The Idiot...it's going to take another two years to right the ship, since the last regime left this team at a personnell level of a CFL team at best. This still all comes down to one thing my fellow sufferers; We have the worst owner in the history of New York Pro Sports-the WORST

Nothing will change kind of numb to it by now win some lose many. 

Games we should have won we lose. 

Did we find a QB yet?  How about a RB?  A TE? 

We should have lost the Jaguars game so it's sort of a wash.

We still control our own wildcard destiny.  The Bills scare no one.  The wildcard is ours if we beat the Giants and Cowboys.  Yesterday, we only needed to win one of those two games.  Now we need to win both.  Sucks, but do-able if injuries stop and coaching gets its head out of its arse.

SAR I

This still all comes down to one thing my fellow sufferers; We have the worst owner in the history of New York Pro Sports-the WORST

It's not the owner that's the worst, it's the fans.

Pennington was allowed to malinger because fans thought he was a swell guy.  Mangini was run out of town early because the fans didn't like his aloof style.  Ryan was retained far too long because the fans liked his bombastic circus.  When the playoff runs stopped the fans stopped showing up, abandoned the upper deck in droves.  The owner has one job-  keep the seats filled.  If Woody has a downside it's that he cares too much about what his fans are saying, doesn't make the right football decisions as a result.

SAR I

we're still rebuilding from the disaster that was John Idzik and Rex The Idiot...it's going to take another two years to right the ship, since the last regime left this team at a personnell level of a CFL team at best. This still all comes down to one thing my fellow sufferers; We have the worst owner in the history of New York Pro Sports-the WORST

Mo,Sheldon and Snacks are at a CFL level?? I can name others but your on a rant so preach on..LOL

Granted we do have some idiot fans but W.T.H.B.S., 'WE' the crazy fans have no input and affect no change on how the Jets kick, pass, catch, run, block, tackle, and have no say on coaching calls nor do "we' have anything whatsoever to do with who pursued or who gets signed. That stuff is all on the Owner, the General Manager, The head coach and his coaching staff and the players are responsible for what happens between the lines. 

The fans had nothing to do with Chad Pennington staying around because truth was Sar, there WAS NOBODY BETTER until Favre. Mangini? That was Woody Johnson finally taking control, don't you remember how that all went down? the owner was PISSED that the team got beat by Miami and forced Tannenbaum to fire mangini at 3 in the morning. Ryan was left on because he was the only guy left bro-all the coaches were fired, the GM too it was Johnson and Ryan up there facing the press. He was too much of a coward to do what he should have done, and hold fat boy to account. He finally did, but it took the league office (YES the league office) to hold his hand and restaff the front office.

Woody Johnson has way more than to "keep the seats filled" You should know better than to write that. He hires and fires coaches and GMs and gives the nay or yay on big ticket priced players-remember the Revis re-signing on Hard Knocks? 

Savage-how many of these guys are even still on the team? One could make the caveat and say "with the EXCEPTION of the D-Line, the 2014 Jets roster was on a level no better than an average CFL team" I don't think that's too far off either

Offensive Starters

QB-Geno Smith

RB-Chris Ivory

WR- Eric Decker

WR-Percy Harvin

TE-Jeff Cumberland

LT- D'Brickashaw Ferguson 

LG-Oday Obushi

C-Nick Mangold

RG-Willie Colon

RT-Breno Giacomini  

Defensive Starters

LDE-Mo Wilk

NT-Damon Harrison

RDE-Sheldon Richardson

LOLB-Quinton Coples

LILB-Demario Davis

RILB-David Harris

ROLB-Calvin Pace

LCB-Antonio Allen

LCB-Marcus Williams

RCB-Darrin Walls

FS-Dwan Landry  

Granted we do have some idiot fans but W.T.H.B.S., 'WE' the crazy fans have no input and affect no change on how the Jets kick, pass, catch, run, block, tackle, and have no say on coaching calls nor do "we' have anything whatsoever to do with who pursued or who gets signed. That stuff is all on the Owner, the General Manager, The head coach and his coaching staff and the players are responsible for what happens between the lines. 

The fans had nothing to do with Chad Pennington staying around because truth was Sar, there WAS NOBODY BETTER until Favre. Mangini? That was Woody Johnson finally taking control, don't you remember how that all went down? the owner was PISSED that the team got beat by Miami and forced Tannenbaum to fire mangini at 3 in the morning. Ryan was left on because he was the only guy left bro-all the coaches were fired, the GM too it was Johnson and Ryan up there facing the press. He was too much of a coward to do what he should have done, and hold fat boy to account. He finally did, but it took the league office (YES the league office) to hold his hand and restaff the front office.

Woody Johnson has way more than to "keep the seats filled" You should know better than to write that. He hires and fires coaches and GMs and gives the nay or yay on big ticket priced players-remember the Revis re-signing on Hard Knocks? 

We can argue the details, but big-picture, Woody Johnson is the least of the Jets problems.  He's a wealthy man who spends a lot of money on new stadiums, new training facilities, new training technologies, and all the other stuff that fans of teams like the Jaguars and Rams could only wish they had.

Furthermore, Woody Johnson is just about the most honest and transparent owner in the NFL when it comes to his football knowledge.  Instead of pretending he is some football genius a-la Jerry Jones, he openly admits he needs a top-notch football man to run the show.  Whether going to an outside agency or retaining people like Charley Casserly and Ron Wolf to assist, Woody knows his limitations and does whatever he can to get the right people onboard.

It's easy to blame the owner for everything.  Hell, I still blame Leon Hess for most of what's wrong with our franchise.  But Woody Johnson has lived up to his responsibilities and has delivered a good product to the fans for the majority of his tenure since 2000.  Like any franchise, mistakes will be made in personnel.  Had Woody's ownership not aligned exactly with the Bellichick/Brady force up in Boston we would be having a very different conversation today, we'd have won multiple Division titles and made it to the Super Bowl at least once.  Sometimes there is just nothing you can do about the competition.

SAR I

Archived