Semi-OT: Schitty failling at University of Georgia too

RoadFan

I don't bash Namath, I speak realistically about him. 

You don't speak realistically of Namath you compare stats of the 60's and 70's to today.. Unless you were there you can't understand what Namath meant to not only the Jets but the entire AFL.. Question for you who was a better RB Gale Sayers or Cumar??

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't speak realistically of Namath you compare stats of the 60's and 70's to today.. Unless you were there you can't understand what Namath meant to not only the Jets but the entire AFL.. Question for you who was a better RB Gale Sayers or Cumar??

Please pull up one post where I compare Joe's numbers to QBs of today.  It's never happened/  I compare Joe to guys of his era.

I have always said Joe may be the most important player in the history of pro football, that doesn't mean he had a great career on the field. 

Gale Sayers was a better RB.

I think you have me confused w/ someone else w/ regards to these discussions.

Please pull up one post where I compare Joe's numbers to QBs of today.  It's never happened/  I compare Joe to guys of his era.

I have always said Joe may be the most important player in the history of pro football, that doesn't mean he had a great career on the field. 

Gale Sayers was a better RB.

I think you have me confused w/ someone else w/ regards to these discussions.

Well your right on Sayers but if you compare his stats to Martins Cumar blows him away which is why stats don't tell the whole story.. If you want to compare Joe to others of his era only compare him to QB's who entered the League with 2 bad knee's..LOL

What does that have to do with today?

I don't have enough fingers and toes to count all of BB's division titles, conference championships and Super Bowl victories.

Your comparing coaches that have 21 years experience and Pro Bowl QB's to one that has 6 how is that fair?? Silly me why would I expect you to be fair??LOL

Well your right on Sayers but if you compare his stats to Martins Cumar blows him away which is why stats don't tell the whole story.. If you want to compare Joe to others of his era only compare him to QB's who entered the League with 2 bad knee's..LOL

I never compare stats of players in different eras.  always to the players in their era.

Durability counts, injuries robbed Joe of having a truly great career but it counts.

Curtis had the better overall career but Sayers was the better RB.  I think Freeman McNeil was better than Curtis but, again, durability counts and Freeman couldn't stay healthy.

What does that have to do with today?

I don't have enough fingers and toes to count all of BB's division titles, conference championships and Super Bowl victories.

how many div titles, conf titles, Sbs w/o Brady?  This guy can count them on his fingers and toes:

Nick+03.jpg

I never compare stats of players in different eras.  always to the players in their era.

Durability counts, injuries robbed Joe of having a truly great career but it counts.

Curtis had the better overall career but Sayers was the better RB.  I think Freeman McNeil was better than Curtis but, again, durability counts and Freeman couldn't stay healthy.

how many div titles, conf titles, Sbs w/o Brady?  This guy can count them on his fingers and toes:

Nick+03.jpg

That was friggn' hilarious!

Fisher had Pro Bowl QB's a fair minded fan may say that helped..;);)

Fisher created a Pro Bowl QQ some may say while Rex never could with approach and staff here.

its no excuse anyway, coaching is more than QB play.  Shula won with a game manager, a run first QB and the ultimate passing QB 

Fisher created a Pro Bowl QQ some may say while Rex never could with approach and staff here.

its no excuse anyway, coaching is more than QB play.  Shula won with a game manager, a run first QB and the ultimate passing QB 

Shula also went 4 years with out making the playoffs with Marino as his QB..:)

I don't bash Namath, I speak realistically about him. 

rex didn't have the flukiest play in postseason history but in 6 years he has 4 PO wins, in 20 Fisher has 5. 

Rex has been better than BB w/o Brady and it's not close.

pipe down old man.  You are clueless.

BB of the 7+ non Brady seasons w/ ONE playoff app and ONE playoff win.

Sometimes with age comes knowledge.

Your clueless rants about Rex, Sanchez, Fisher, BB, O'Brien to name a few makes you a poster boy for this point

fisher created him:lol:  how come he hasn't created any others in all the years he has coached?  he "created"  haha.  oh boy.

Sometimes with age comes knowledge.

Your clueless rants about Rex, Sanchez, Fisher, BB, O'Brien to name a few makes you a poster boy for this point

Do me a favor- tell me what my arguments are about Rex, sanchez,, Fisher, BB, O'Brien?  chances are you don't understand b/c if you did you'd know how silly you look.

I am the poster boy for knowledgeable fans.  You are an average fan that needs others to tell you how to think.

Do me a favor- tell me what my arguments are about Rex, sanchez,, Fisher, BB, O'Brien?  chances are you don't understand b/c if you did you'd know how silly you look.

I am the poster boy for knowledgeable fans.  You are an average fan that needs others to tell you how to think.

Holy shlt are you in need of real help.  SMH. Do you even have a responsible job?

fisher created him:lol:  how come he hasn't created any others in all the years he has coached?  he "created"  haha.  oh boy.

hahaha, bwwaaaaa, who has Rex created? :D:D:D:lol::lol::lol:B)

Oh yeah, your butt boy love, Sanchez.  The bestest QB in Jets history, better than Namath.  You'll quote his playoff wins as if he had a hand in more than one.  And tell us that Namath and his Jets team were lucky, won because of breaks.  Lol....Knowledge

hahaha, bwwaaaaa, who has Rex created? :D:D:D:lol::lol::lol:B)

Oh yeah, your butt boy love, Sanchez.  The bestest QB in Jets history, better than Namath.  You'll quote his playoff wins as if he had a hand in more than one.  And tell us that Namath and his Jets team were lucky, won because of breaks.  Lol....Knowledge

yep, I said he was better than Namath.  :rolleyes:

this is the issue, you don't read, you perceive.  You see me saying mark doesn't suck and that triggers something in your head that tells you I call him great.

I never said the 1968 jets won b/c of luck, I said they had good fortune along the way.  This cannot be disputed but you can think what you want to think.  This doesn't mean they weren't an excellent team or that they did not deserve to win but if you cannot see we had breaks I can't help you.

yep, I said he was better than Namath.  :rolleyes:

this is the issue, you don't read, you perceive.  You see me saying mark doesn't suck and that triggers something in your head that tells you I call him great.

I never said the 1968 jets won b/c of luck, I said they had good fortune along the way.  This cannot be disputed but you can think what you want to think.  This doesn't mean they weren't an excellent team or that they did not deserve to win but if you cannot see we had breaks I can't help you.

You said they were lucky.  Those were your idiotic words.  It can be dispute, youre just too clueless, actually keep trying to convince people that if you have the second most wins in the league, if you have the 2nd best offense and the best defense and play a playoff game at home, it was luck.  And that makes you clueless.

With QBs, you've rated every QB, every conversation by playoff wins, at every turn.  You made that foolish comment, put all your eggs in the Sanchez was great, he won playoff games.  He's better than every Jet QB then, has more wins than the others.  Your ass backwards logic.  

Stay on point young man.  You're unraveling 

Now learn to stfu when its over, and it is

You said they were lucky.  Those were your idiotic words.  It can be dispute, youre just too clueless, actually keep trying to convince people that if you have the second most wins in the league, if you have the 2nd best offense and the best defense and play a playoff game at home, it was luck.  And that makes you clueless.

With QBs, you've rated every QB, every conversation by playoff wins, at every turn.  You made that foolish comment, put all your eggs in the Sanchez was great, he won playoff games.  He's better than every Jet QB then, has more wins than the others.  Your ass backwards logic.  

Stay on point young man.  You're unraveling 

Now learn to stfu when its over, and it is

please find the post and post a link to that post.

I do weight big game performance heavily but I do not just use playoff wins.

unraveling?  ha, you are making new stuff up w/ every post.  I am doing just fine, the proof is in the posts.  The problem is I cannot post and read the posts for people.  Just reading this nonsense is comical, it's obvious you don't read my posts.

LOL 

Sanchez:

2009 12 TD  20 INT

2010 17 TD  13 INT

Shotty: 4 post seasons wins

Shotty was not brilliant by any standard.  He might not have even been good.  However he was good enough during THIS period.  Team chemistry is the point.  It was there and then it was gone.  He's been living off it ever since.  But please give credit where credit is due.     

Archived