GET LOUD PLEDGE

kevinc855

It seems to me, the JETS and METS play in the shadows of the Giants and Yankees.  All the stats in the world can say what they want but thats how it feels.  I remember vividly the mid 80's when Gooden, Strawberry and co. (even before the Carter trade)  the METS seemed to dominate the scene but that lasted a short time.

+1

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems to me, the JETS and METS play in the shadows of the Giants and Yankees.  All the stats in the world can say what they want but thats how it feels.  I remember vividly the mid 80's when Gooden, Strawberry and co. (even before the Carter trade)  the METS seemed to dominate the scene but that lasted a short time.

Jets felt that way most of th time.  When the Jets had better years not really but when everything is equal yes.

until the last 15 years and the Yankees seemingly always in contention the Mets were easily on an equal footing.  The early, 1960s Mets were the lovable losers and the team to root for over the corporate boring Yankees.  Plus the Yanks weren't winning.  The Mets winning teams from late 60s through the 73 WS team were lovable too.  And I don't knowmofmamteam more loved, that touched the city more than the mid 80's Mets.  But you're right, they couldn't hold it together, bad FA signings led to a team that was hard to root for.  Winning adds too much into the mix.  As it should 

First, I said Foxboro was not intimidating, if you read my post. 

Second, New York due to its size is the only market with two NFL teams. No other market could support two teams (LA will be interesting). That makes us different that Pittsburgh or any other market for that matter.

The 65,000 Jets fans who consistently show up are loud, passionate, everything you say. I am one of them, have been since Joe Namath, and a season ticket holder since 1991. I think we can be jaded and we struggle to fill the stadium.  Let's agree that tomorrow should be special. 

I guess this was better.  Stadium will be plenty loud tomorrow.

SAR I

I don't know how SAR is putting up with these insults but it is time mods did something about it. SAR is an eccentric personality but what he is saying about PSL's or fan support  or tailgates don't warrant being insulted openly like this. 

his trolling is so weird.  he trolls on money.  every post about PSL's and the crowd is designed to eventually get to a point where he can tell somebody he has more money than they do. that is why some are really tired of it

the funny thing is this is the metro NYC area.  I'm sure there are hundreds of posters here with real wealth who have never mentioned it even a single time

his trolling is so weird.  he trolls on money.  every post about PSL's and the crowd is designed to eventually get to a point where he can tell somebody he has more money than they do. that is why some are really tired of it

Find me a single post where this is the case.  You can't.  What actually happens is that the PSL argument is always about money and the trolling is in the opposite direction; those who can't afford PSL's have the need to put down those of us who can, tell us we're bad fans, tell us we don't make enough noise, create posts asking us to "pledge to get loud".

There is this strange internet phenomenon where its somehow okay for those without money to attack rich people for sport but the minute they defend themselves, oh, that's so unacceptable. 

SAR I

the funny thing is this is the metro NYC area.  I'm sure there are hundreds of posters here with real wealth who have never mentioned it even a single time

Hi Larz. 

I understand what you are saying. SAR is definitely not blame free. I find his arguments about wealth very shallow. At no point he should have mentioned he drove BMW this or that. He makes it easy for people to insult him even though he doesn't deserve to be insulted. He is also right on his arguments about PSL's or how people shouldn't be told how to spend their money etc. 

Hi Larz. 

I understand what you are saying. SAR is definitely not blame free. I find his arguments about wealth very shallow. At no point he should have mentioned he drove BMW this or that. He makes it easy for people to insult him even though he doesn't deserve to be insulted. He is also right on his arguments about PSL's or how people shouldn't be told how to spend their money etc. 

Honest question: How long have you been frequenting Jets boards?

Honest answer. Around 3 years. Started at Jets Insider and then came here. 

Got it. So here’s the deal, the majority of us that pile on him have been posting on boards with him for close to fifteen years. Fifteen. Whatever you find offensive, the dude that you claim doesn't deserve to have bad things said to him has said way worse to people and is simply not a good person. SAR once called a man whose wife recently passed a wifeless dwarf. He has insulted firemen and veterans and god knows whatever other profession he deems as inferior to that of wholesaling useless sh*t from China, continuously denigrating anyone with a working class job. All in the name of some schtick that he thinks makes him the coolest, when in reality, it's just sad. So how, you ask, can the mods let the bashing slide? Because the guy has brought all of it on himself, and no matter what anyone has ever called him, he has said way, way worse to others. You maybe, juuuust maybe, might want to consider that there's some context that you're not aware of in the future.

Got it. So here’s the deal, the majority of us that pile on him have been posting on boards with him for close to fifteen years. Fifteen. Whatever you find offensive, the dude that you claim doesn't deserve to have bad things said to him has said way worse to people and is simply not a good person. SAR once called a man whose wife recently passed a wifeless dwarf. He has insulted firemen and veterans and god knows whatever other profession he deems as inferior to that of wholesaling useless sh*t from China, continuously denigrating anyone with a working class job. All in the name of some schtick that he thinks makes him the coolest, when in reality, it's just sad. So how, you ask, can the mods let the bashing slide? Because the guy has brought all of it on himself, and no matter what anyone has ever called him, he has said way, way worse to others. You maybe, juuuust maybe, might want to consider that there's some context that you're not aware of in the future.

Eye opening post for me. Thank you. I didn't know about Wifeless Dwarf thing and some other things you mentioned. Again, if I was an admin or a mod, I would ban SAR at the spot the minute he insulted people like that. If he repeated his offenses I would ban him. So I guess my point is moot now. Peace. I rest my case. 

Also, we suck

Eye opening post for me. Thank you. I didn't know about Wifeless Dwarf thing and some other things you mentioned. Again, if I was an admin or a mod, I would ban SAR at the spot the minute he insulted people like that. If he repeated his offenses I would ban him. So I guess my point is moot now. Peace. I rest my case. 

SAR is one of my favorite posters.

Not sure if SAR is actually butthurt or if this is just trolling.

There's simply no denying that no matter who you put in there for what occasion that MetLife is not a loud place and never will be. Heinz field is much, much louder, so much for that guarantee.  

Obviously you can't compare to the indoor stadiums, but I'll never forget the sound inside the Superdome when we went down to see the Jets play the Saints. I probably average 20 concerts a year and I have never once hear something so loud and for so long.

Anyway, it will never approach the sound of Arrowhead, Seattle, Lambeau, Heinz etc. It's just not designed for it. 

Worst of all at JI when I or someone else wrote something like this, use his own words against him or talk to him the way he talks to others, he would run to a mod crying like a b1tch asking for them to ban that person.  

I sat at 249A and I wasn't as loud as I was sitting with a couple in wheelchair. Read NYJ Ticket section for details :)

that sucks. Our section was pretty good and Toon was ballistic and screaming the entire time. Best part was we had an insolent Pats "Gronkowski" in the 5th row and MAN did he get Lambasted. I don't know how, but literally 2 beers and tons of liquid (water?) happened to just land on the j@çk@$$ amongst the chaotic OT Decker winning TD celebration. 

I have no voice today and am physically spent from the incredible sight I witnessed yesterday, aka Jets v. Pats December 2015

that sucks. Our section was pretty good and Toon was ballistic and screaming the entire time. Best part was we had an insolent Pats "Gronkowski" in the 5th row and MAN did he get Lambasted. I don't know how, but literally 2 beers and tons of liquid (water?) happened to just land on the j@çk@$$ amongst the chaotic OT Decker winning TD celebration. 

I have no voice today and am physically spent from the incredible sight I witnessed yesterday, aka Jets v. Pats December 2015

I couldn't find any video of our 245A Section from yesterday, but this is a video someone posted of him, when compared to yesterday,  he is rather "Calm" from 2 years ago when we beat the NO Saints. 

Archived