Marshall and Decker are good but Enunwa, Thompkins, and Devin Smith won't cut it in 2016

jetscrazey

he didn't have any big catches? how soon we forget vs. new Englad LAST WEEK.  he also had  that big catch at Indy when they pulled w/in 3 in the 4th and the big catch at dallas a few weeks ago on that 3rd and long.  the man is a 2nd yr player and was basically a rookie as he barely played last year and you want to throw him away?  foolish.

and as far as the hands thing, you have never seen young players struggle catching the ball?>  heck a vet like Braylon Edwards had a million drops in 2009 then didn't drop a pass in 2010.

Edwards had bad hands throughout his career.  2010 was the exception that proved the rule.  And no he did not have zero drops in 2010.  He had 4 out of 66 catchable balls which, for that one year was good.

<Edited to add>

for the three year period 2008-2010 including his one good year, Braylon Edwards was at the very bottom of the list of WRs in terms of his drops with 29 drops out of 197 catchable balls (14.72%)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Edwards had bad hands throughout his career.  2010 was the exception that proved the rule.  And no he did not have zero drops in 2010.  He had 4 out of 66 catchable balls which, for that one year was good.

whatever the # was he was one of the best in the league that year and I don't recall any big drops unlike 2009. 

Marshall was 3rd in the league in drops, should we get rid of him?  drops happen just as bad passes happen.  Enunwa is young and showed us a lot this year.

whatever the # was he was one of the best in the league that year and I don't recall any big drops unlike 2009. 

Marshall was 3rd in the league in drops, should we get rid of him?  drops happen just as bad passes happen.  Enunwa is young and showed us a lot this year.

Marshall is a double-edged sword.  So long as people accept that there is significant bad baggage that goes along with the significant good he brings to the table.  Yes, Brandon Marshall has been our best offensive player this year but he has also killed more drives with huge drops than anyone else.  Including at least one at a critical point early on yesterday.

With Edwards the running joke here was that if you wanted the ball caught that you should put it in a spot where only a miracle circus catch would be needed.  Anything between the numbers with no defender in sight was likely to get dropped.

Marshall is a double-edged sword.  So long as people accept that there is significant bad baggage that goes along with the significant good he brings to the table.  Yes, Brandon Marshall has been our best offensive player this year but he has also killed more drives with huge drops than anyone else.  Including at least one at a critical point early on yesterday.

With Edwards the running joke here was that if you wanted the ball caught that you should put it in a spot where only a miracle circus catch would be needed.  Anything between the numbers with no defender in sight was likely to get dropped.

Marshall was the biggest difference in the team this year, he was far and away our best player. he had a few big drops but he was the reason we had 10 wins and had a chance yesterday.

he had a drop early, it wasn't a critical drop and he more than made up for it.  plus some of those drops were caught in the wind w/ Fitz's ducks and hard to catch.

I am sure it has happened but someone help me out here.  When did a WR with bad hands ever turn into one with good hands because I do not remember that.  If it did happen and I am sure it must have at some point then it is rare.  Very rare.

Right now Enunwa and Smith both have that enormous strike against them until they prove that they do not.  The last WR that we were told could get past this with good coaching was Stephen Hill and he currently is bagging groceries somewhere.

Wesley Walker. 

You don't know what you're talking about.

Big catches? Are we developing his "hands" now?  Hey I got an idea - why don't we draft a running back, and we'll develop his legs. See if we can teach him to run.

Or draft a TE and develop his Butt..:) So whose on your TE watch list this year??

Marshall was the biggest difference in the team this year, he was far and away our best player. he had a few big drops but he was the reason we had 10 wins and had a chance yesterday.

he had a drop early, it wasn't a critical drop and he more than made up for it.  plus some of those drops were caught in the wind w/ Fitz's ducks and hard to catch.

Marshall is 31 it's scary to think what will happen to this team if and when his skill set diminishes which could be next season.

So glad we passed on Funches and DGB for Devin Smith

Marshall is 31 it's scary to think what will happen to this team if and when his skill set diminishes which could be next season.

for me, that's the only blemish on Mac's rapsheet at the moment... Don't fcking draft scared. If you wanted a receiver that badly, then take the guy who's ceiling is through the roof. Smith may or may not develop, but he'll never be able to hold DGB's jockstrap. Tired of us passing on Generational talent because of this or that. You couldn't ASK for a better mentor than Brandon Marshall for DGB. They're carbon copies of each other. 

it is very scary, hopefully he has a few more high level years in him.  w/o 2015 Marshall we don't get 2015 Fitz.

I already played this exercise with some other space cadet who didn't know his stuff.

ARZ HOU GB JAX off the top of my head, ... you want more examples, you can go looking yourself. 

The only team I can think of are the Steelers. The others have 2 or 3 good receivers but not 4.  BTW WRs not TEs or RBs

GB has 2 (3 if Nelson was healthy, Jones and Adams, although he sucked this year

Jags have 2 (the 2 Allan's)

Arizona has 3 (Floyd, Fitz, and Brown)

Hou has 1 (Hopkins)

The only team I can think of are the Steelers. The others have 2 or 3 good receivers but not 4.  BTW WRs not TEs or RBs

GB has 2 (3 if Nelson was healthy)

Jags have 2

Arizona has 3

Hou has 1

See you don't know your stuff... and you already sound like some blowhard who "if i haven't seen the guy on ESPN highlights then fck him".

ARZ has 3?? Go away. If you don't count JJ Nelson and the Juron Brown as good up and coming receivers, then we're done here.

HOU.. Nate washington is better than everyone behind Decker/Marshall combined. Plus they have cecil shorts AND this guy Jaelen Strong. Might have heard of him when he was with your mom.

GB; Nelson, Jones, Cobb, Adams, and developmental guys like Janis and Abbrederis - again who are better than all the Enunwas in the world. 

JAX: two? you're ******* with me now. Robinson/Hurns/Lee/Greene... I'll take that any day of the week for young team. 

We need more receivers. 

See you don't know your stuff... and you already sound like some blowhard who "if i haven't seen the guy on ESPN highlights then fck him".

ARZ has 3?? Go away. If you don't count JJ Nelson and the Juron Brown as good up and coming receivers, then we're done here.

HOU.. Nate washington is better than everyone behind Decker/Marshall combined. Plus they have cecil shorts AND this guy Jaelen Strong. Might have heard of him when he was with your mom.

GB; Nelson, Jones, Cobb, Adams, and developmental guys like Janis and Abbrederis - again who are better than all the Enunwas in the world. 

JAX: two? you're ******* with me now. Robinson/Hurns/Lee/Greene... I'll take that any day of the week for young team. 

We need more receivers. 

Forgot about Cecil Shorts. That's 2 for Houston. Nate Washington? Give me a break. 

Cobb is iffy because he plays a lot of RB, but I will give it to you. GB has 4 if healthy.

Marquis Lee has been a bust so far in the NFL. Rashad Greene only 9 catches this year. Need to see more.

Arizona is another one that I will give you. Nelson is the one I didn't know and he had a good year.

So GB, Arizona and Pittsburgh (maybe) have 4 very good receivers.

Strong had a good year too so I will give Houston 3. He's a very nice guy as I discovered when we two were together with YOUR mom

Marshall was a big contributor this year.  Maybe the biggest but he also had a number of significant game changing blunders as well.

The first quarter drop that would have been a first down was not a "duck".  That play would have kept a drive going at a point in the game where we were team that was in desperate need of a first down and before any points were on the board.

Marshall has led the league in drops several times which is consistent with what we have heard from other fan bases.  While it is true that he does a lot of good things it is also true that he has more than the average amount of drops and/or other bonehead plays to go along with that.  We have seen that this year.  The point here is for people to acknowledge that Marshall is a double-edged sword and the he does come with baggage. 

for me, that's the only blemish on Mac's rapsheet at the moment... Don't fcking draft scared. If you wanted a receiver that badly, then take the guy who's ceiling is through the roof. Smith may or may not develop, but he'll never be able to hold DGB's jockstrap. Tired of us passing on Generational talent because of this or that. You couldn't ASK for a better mentor than Brandon Marshall for DGB. They're carbon copies of each oth

DGB was such a no brainier in round 2 I was SCREAMING for that guy.

Your right we absolutely were the perfect situation for him he could have learned from Marshall and decker no pressure to start right away.

GB has 2 (3 if Nelson was healthy, Jones and Adams, although he sucked this year

Jags have 2 (the 2 Allan's)

Arizona has 3 (Floyd, Fitz, and Brown)

Hou has 1 (Hopkins)

Adams and Jones are awful. They are only decent because of their QB. You're missing Randall Cobb though. 

Forgot about Cecil Shorts. That's 2 for Houston. Nate Washington? Give me a break. 

Cobb is iffy because he plays a lot of RB, but I will give it to you. GB has 4 if healthy.

Marquis Lee has been a bust so far in the NFL. Rashad Greene only 9 catches this year. Need to see more.

Arizona is another one that I will give you. Nelson is the one I didn't know and he had a good year.

So GB, Arizona and Pittsburgh (maybe) have 4 very good receivers.

Strong had a good year too so I will give Houston 3. He's a very nice guy as I discovered when we two were together with YOUR mom

lol. Ok buddy. Youre right. I'm wrong. No one has 4 options at WR. 

Marshall was a big contributor this year.  Maybe the biggest but he also had a number of significant game changing blunders as well.

The first quarter drop that would have been a first down was not a "duck".  That play would have kept a drive going at a point in the game where we were team that was in desperate need of a first down and before any points were on the board.

Marshall has led the league in drops several times which is consistent with what we have heard from other fan bases.  While it is true that he does a lot of good things it is also true that he has more than the average amount of drops and/or other bonehead plays to go along with that.  We have seen that this year.  The point here is for people to acknowledge that Marshall is a double-edged sword and the he does come with baggage. 

it was really early, we battled back.  he single handedly made it 13-7 then the D allows a 9 min drive and a FG to close out the half.  then we get it to 16-10 and another long drive is allowed.  if the team played like Marshall yesterday we win going away.

for me, that's the only blemish on Mac's rapsheet at the moment... Don't fcking draft scared. If you wanted a receiver that badly, then take the guy who's ceiling is through the roof. Smith may or may not develop, but he'll never be able to hold DGB's jockstrap. Tired of us passing on Generational talent because of this or that. You couldn't ASK for a better mentor than Brandon Marshall for DGB. They're carbon copies of each other. 

Why is that automatically a good thing?  First of all, he may have wanted more complimentary players and second, I don't want a guy being mentored by Brandon Marshall.  I am not a big DGB fan.  He had a bunch of TDs, but he had an awful catch rate.  He seems sloppy and I don't have any problem with having "do not touch" labels on certain players.  DGB may end up being awesome, but that doesn't necessarily make us wrong to have passed on him.  Attitude is important, especially when a new coach is coming into to town. 

Looking for teams with 3 options?  Nobody mentioned the Giants?  Cruz, Beckham and Randle should have been a pretty good group.

Why is that automatically a good thing?  First of all, he may have wanted more complimentary players and second, I don't want a guy being mentored by Brandon Marshall.  I am not a big DGB fan.  He had a bunch of TDs, but he had an awful catch rate.  He seems sloppy and I don't have any problem with having "do not touch" labels on certain players.  DGB may end up being awesome, but that doesn't necessarily make us wrong to have passed on him.  Attitude is important, especially when a new coach is coming into to town. 

A long winded way of saying you don't like DGB? That's fine, but if you're Mac, and you don't like him, you'd better sure as hell HIT on the guy you take instead... Thus far... not looking so good... 

Btw, the "I don't want the guy being mentored by B.M." remark... me and you are miles apart on how we see the team/life in general. So why don't we leave it here, and bid each other good day.  

Archived