Overall positives...

Freemanm

I know it doesn't feel like it right now, but there are a lot of positives to take away from the season.

First of all, the Jets went from 4-12 to 10-6 this year, a record that actually gets you into the playoffs most years. Not a bad turnaround.

We went from having pretty much zero depth at receiving to having one of the best receiving tandems in the league. I assume Marshall will be re-signed and still should have at least two more good seasons left. Amaro will be healthy and we'll have a pass-catching tight end again, something we sorely missed down the stretch. I know it didn't seem like it today but Enunwa and Thompkis did well this season. Stephen Hill-er-Jeremy Kerley, like I said before, will finally be gone as the useless player that he is. 

We have a QB for now. Despite some bad games, Fitz did worlds better than Sanchez and Geno, even though Marshall made him look better than he is at times. 

We went from having no pass defense (anyone remember the 2014 season?) to a very good secondary. Pryor became the ass kicker we knew he could be and Gilchrist played like a beast. 

Bowles, overall, had a very good rookie year as a head coach, even though he clearly got out coached in some games (including this one). But he's a smart guy and he'll learn from his mistakes and bounce back. At the very least he was a nice change from Rex Ryan.

The O-line should return and play even more solidly as a unit. 

Hopefully Snacks gets re-signed. Wilkerson's injury might be a plus. Other teams may not want to sign him and he should be happy about getting franchise-tagged. Williams and Richardson are young and will be even better next year.  Doubt we're gonna keep Pace but Mauldin and Davis turned out to be nice surprises.  

I know it doesn't feel like it right now, but there are a lot of positives to take away from the season.

First of all, the Jets went from 4-12 to 10-6 this year, a record that actually gets you into the playoffs most years. Not a bad turnaround.

We went from having pretty much zero depth at receiving to having one of the best receiving tandems in the league. I assume Marshall will be re-signed and still should have at least two more good seasons left. Amaro will be healthy and we'll have a pass-catching tight end again, something we sorely missed down the stretch. I know it didn't seem like it today but Enunwa and Thompkis did well this season. Stephen Hill-er-Jeremy Kerley, like I said before, will finally be gone as the useless player that he is. 

We have a QB for now. Despite some bad games, Fitz did worlds better than Sanchez and Geno, even though Marshall made him look better than he is at times. 

We went from having no pass defense (anyone remember the 2014 season?) to a very good secondary. Pryor became the ass kicker we knew he could be and Gilchrist played like a beast. 

Bowles, overall, had a very good rookie year as a head coach, even though he clearly got out coached in some games (including this one). But he's a smart guy and he'll learn from his mistakes and bounce back. At the very least he was a nice change from Rex Ryan.

Hopefully Snacks gets re-signed. Wilkerson's injury might be a plus. Other teams may not want to sign him and he should be happy about getting franchise-tagged. Williams and Richardson are young and will be even better next year.  Doubt we're gonna keep Pace but Mauldin and Davis turned out to be nice surprises.  

I said this before and I will say it again, it makes me sick that an overall good season with big improvements on last year is going to be seen as a negative because of one game. That is not fair. And while life is not fair, people can be.

Well said.

Yeah, but blowing a chance to make the playoffs is a HUGE negative. I understand your point of making improvements but when you have the playoffs in your sight you DON'T BLOW IT. I also disagree about Pryor "playing like a beast" on Tyrod's TD run he was seen being pancaked by a WR on the edge where he should have been. Fitzy had a bad day and showed why he has been let go every place he has been...he simply is NOT good enough a QB to take his team to the playoffs. That doesn't mean I would let him go because, quite frankly the Jets have no one better......yet.

I like Bowles, but not throwing everything but the kitchen sink at the Bills today to get the win is a huge strike against him.

He did a good job cleaning up some of his coaching gaffs as the season went on, so at least there is evidence that he doesn't repeat mistakes. Still, I think he is hesitant to make changes quickly. This has shown up in games, and over spans of games as well. 

I like Bowles, but not throwing everything but the kitchen sink at the Bills today to get the win is a huge strike against him.

He did a good job cleaning up some of his coaching gaffs as the season went on, so at least there is evidence that he doesn't repeat mistakes. Still, I think he is hesitant to make changes quickly. This has shown up in games, and over spans of games as well. 

It did seem like just another game, when the entire world knew that wasnt the case. Powell sitting out because he's a FA didnt help matters either. The Ivory usage was bizarre....but the RB situation was strange all year. They didnt kick the tires on anyone.

Not bad, and for the most part I agree.

But we need some OL help, and I have serious reservations about Revis after seeing the sh*tfest today.  Also, not sure Ivory is the 'guy', and Mo Wilkerson is going to be an expensive piece coming off an injury.  Not sure Amaro can be counted on at this point, and we need some RB depth, not to mention a pass rushing LB.

Gonna be an interesting offseason for MCCagnan.

Archived