Bowles needs to learn from this!

Jetster

Let's hope Bowles doesn't turn out to be a stubborn mofo. What really has me shaking my head this morning is his insistence on having Revis over Watkins, instead of giving him any help. If you look at the stats from yesterday it's ridiculous that coming into the game we allowed their only playmaker to go 11 catches for 136 yards! OMG! Also, how many of those catches were 3rd & 4th down conversions? Including 2-2 on fourth down plus Sheldon giving them another 4th down conversion by jumping offsides, the Bills were over 50% converting 3rd & 4th downs.

Even with the drops we had & lack of execution on offense, letting one player dominate a secondary that you spent 100 million on in the offseason is criminal. How did Bowles not learn something & adjust after doing the same thing vs Hopkins from Houston? Like others have said, at least Belichick schemes to take out the other teams best player. The players lost this game but Bowles & his coaching staff had a hand in it too. I like Bowles but it bothers me seeing the same mistake made twice in one season. 

Instead of playing zone, the game plan should have been double Watkins and put a spy on Taylor, keeping him in the pocket.  Then put Revis on whoever is in the slot.  This game plan probably would have won the game.

On a windy day, Todd Bowles said "we're gonna give you the underneath stuff."  Just awful game planning by the Jets coaches.  I too hope Bowles learns from this.

Let's hope Bowles doesn't turn out to be a stubborn mofo. What really has me shaking my head this morning is his insistence on having Revis over Watkins, instead of giving him any help. If you look at the stats from yesterday it's ridiculous that coming into the game we allowed their only playmaker to go 11 catches for 136 yards! OMG! Also, how many of those catches were 3rd & 4th down conversions? Including 2-2 on fourth down plus Sheldon giving them another 4th down conversion by jumping offsides, the Bills were over 50% converting 3rd & 4th downs.

Even with the drops we had & lack of execution on offense, letting one player dominate a secondary that you spent 100 million on in the offseason is criminal. How did Bowles not learn something & adjust after doing the same thing vs Hopkins from Houston? Like others have said, at least Belichick schemes to take out the other teams best player. The players lost this game but Bowles & his coaching staff had a hand in it too. I like Bowles but it bothers me seeing the same mistake made twice in one season. 

Well in the first game, he held Watkins down

It's easy just to point at the Bills game in terms of where we need improvements...but just from a macro standpoint the special teams need to be improved dramatically. The offense and defense were both top 10 units. It's fair to say the ST's cost us at least one game over the course of the season.

It's easy just to point at the Bills game in terms of where we need improvements...but just from a macro standpoint the special teams need to be improved dramatically. The offense and defense were both top 10 units. It's fair to say the ST's cost us at least one game over the course of the season.

No doubt.  It's seriously some of the worst I've ever seen.  And truthfully, the Bills games are great examples of ST's failing us.  The Smith fumble in the first game.  The missed FG yesterday and the botched punt that handed them a FG.  Pretty much the difference in both games.

Maybe more - the return against philly and the kickoff fumble against buf come to mind right away as game losing plays.   But not just we can't return it and we give up big returns, we also really suck at punting, which has to be addressed.  I don't care about his stats Quigs does not pass the eye test, he shanks too many, ad yesterday at such an important time, that was HUGE.

Maybe more - the return against philly and the kickoff fumble against buf come to mind right away as game losing plays.   But not just we can't return it and we give up big returns, we also really suck at punting, which has to be addressed.  I don't care about his stats Quigs does not pass the eye test, he shanks too many, ad yesterday at such an important time, that was HUGE.

Well, what about the Bills botched ST play late in the first Rex Bowl and our Offense couldnt get in. Dont forget that one. Offense has failed us a few times as well in an overall good year.

Well, what about the Bills botched ST play late in the first Rex Bowl and our Offense couldnt get in. Dont forget that one. Offense has failed us a few times as well in an overall good year.

This was the most prolific offence we've had in our history - I'm not going to blame them there - they did enough this year.  In rex bowl 1 that was a botched punt that gave us the ball back with great field position, not a gimmie free TD like smith's fumbled kickoff - IMO the kickoff fumble is much much worse than our offence not being able to capitalize there, and deserves way way more of the blame.  Our offence was pretty good in the second half of that game, I felt like they made great adjustments and were really moving the ball - whereas there was NEVER a single moment this year where I was confident our special teams would make a great play - in fact I pretty much held my breath every time they were on the field hoping like hell they wouldn't **** everything up.

Archived