Ex-coach Mike Westhoff: Firing Bobby April a case of 'cowardice' by Jets

Gas2No99

I have now just lost all respect for Westy.  All year long him and dump-a$$ Ray Lucas has been giving special teams Cs, Ds, and Fs.  Every damn week Westy would be like 'Kerley keeps fair catching inside the 10 - they need to coach him not to do that', or 'Quigley punts better to this side, why let him punt to the other side', or the coverage sucks. He always says that the ST coach needed better players, but really, the stuff he is pointing out is coachable. So, he rags on the Jets every week for crappy ST, and then gets all, 'what the ...' when they make a change.

I know he is now in the entertainment field as opposed to coaching, but man up a bit.  And, like others have pointed out, he has in the past supported (and has recommended on SNY) firing players as a message of accountability, but not okay for the coaches.  Dear Westy, STFU. 

Here's another argument.  I'd bet all NFL coaches have been given chicken sh!t to coach up from time to time.  That may very well what just happened to April.  Some rise to the occasion to some degree or another, while others don't/can't.  April obviously couldn't.  So why trust him going forward.  

I don't know all of Bobby Aprils history, but I watch a lot of football & I only know him from seeing the grimaces on his face after bad special teams plays going awry. He's been around a long time but something tells me he was special teams coach of the year when he has Deion Sanders in Atlanta, lol.

A former coach defending another coach.  Shocking

Bowles wanted Armstrong.  He's now available and Aprils unit sucked in 2015.  Hardly cowardice.  

Coaches spend hour upon hour together.  If Bowles likes Armstrong or someone else.  Has no love for April and wasn't happy with the way he coached he is more than entitled to make a change.

No matter what the article says.  

If April was fired because the team felt like somebody had to take the blame for a 10-6 season after a 4-12 season and they just picked the assistant who presided over the worst group then sure, that kind of scapegoat treatment might be fairly called cowardice. I do not think that is the case here. April's unit was terrible. Not just compared to the rest of the team but terrible across the league. April can't be blamed for what players were made available to him. He can't make Bullock miss less or Quigley not shank punts. However, there were so many opportunities to coach and plan the ST unit to perform better and that's on April. Saying April deserves another year to fix things that should have been fixed from week to week makes no sense.

I admit to nothing do me,you and the board a favor find a new hobby.

why not put me on ignore.

And do the same with everyone else who disagrees with your mostly nonsensical posts.  

feeling frisky today and trying to insult me?  I don't care, ignore me.  Trust me I don't come here to debate you. 

why not put me on ignore.

and everyone else who disagrees with your mostly nonsensical posts.

feeling frisky today and trying to insult me?  I don't care, ignore me.  Trust me I don't come here to debate you. 

Ignore is for the weak 

Opinions are what make message boards great 

Easy to insult you

What do you come here for it certainly isn't to offer anything of substance or related to football you seem to be argumentative and angry 

Ignore is for the weak 

Opinions are what make message boards great 

Easy to insult you

What do you come here for it certainly isn't to offer anything of substance or related to football you seem to be argumentative and angry 

yup.  Unless those opinions disagree with you.  Then you get your panties twisted.  Like too many others on this message board unfortunately.  What you meant to say is what makes a message board great is everyone agreeing with your over the top nonsense.  Most don't, you should know that. 

But quite a really stupid poster who posted earlier when someone didn't agree on a football opinion I posted.  doesnt make me angry in any way.

yup.  Unless those opinions disagree with you.  Then you get your panties twisted.  Like too many others on this message board unfortunately.  What you meant to say is what makes a message board great is everyone agreeing with your over the top nonsense.  Most don't, you should know that. 

Opinions are whats great most of us debate civilly. I thought I wore diapers, My last response to you is GFY. 

Opinions are whats great most of us debate civilly. I thought I wore diapers, My last response to you is GFY. 

you really are like a little girl. 

You bring up diapers then get pissed when it's us d back at you.  Then say GFY proving that you're here to debate.  Lol. Go away, please put me on ignore like your buddy.  Please.  

Westhoff and Lucas are complete ass clowns. The two love to hear themselves speak, and mistakenly think they have a clue. I won't watch SNY post game because the two of them suck so bad

Actually I like Westy on the show.  Lucas is just not insightful on any level.  He repeats himself and flip flops.  

I like Chaz Cascadden.  He's not afraid to rip the team but usually is spot on to me.

Archived