Ocean Mafia

Nolder

16 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

Pac has 2 votes, who are you waiting to aggressively move off him???

What I'm referring to is that nobody wants to be the one to aggressively case someone else, which would move votes off Pac. Votes slowly moved off of him, but there's nobody pioneering a better case, the votes just sort of got slopped off...

By and large, there's a lot of fluffy sh*t being kicked around.

"Pac is playing like he did the last 2 games" got him to what, 5 votes or so?

Other than that, I've cased 80, and nobody wants to touch it --- which is bizarre, frankly.

You've spent more energy trying to prove me a hypocrite, and failing, than actually sticking up for your Crusher or JIF cases. Which is really intriguing when you consider that earlier in the game you said something about wanting to convince the other 6 voters in order to get your suspect lynched. Now, all you're doing is fapping over my every word. Not trying to lead a lynch on anyone really. 

I seriously can't tell if you are blatant scum, or just dumb Brett whose insecurities got tweaked by smart, arrogant Ape. I want to say I used to bring this out of you pretty easily in the past. Petty sniping, and an air of disillusion that you are proving me wrong, when you're really just proving yourself dumb and insecure. That's how you are right? Or are you just scum?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the record, I like CTM's case on AVM as well.  Don't see the case on JiF being thrown out there by Brett and Pac.  Obviously I suspect Pac so I don't respect his worthless attempt at casing.  If we avoid lynching any neighbors today, AVM is where my vote is headed next.

[Insert accusation of 80 "parroting" here]

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Jesus.  Spirit animal indeed.  I was going to respond to that as well before you ninja'd me.

In your defense, at least you know you're stupid. Brett seems oblivious it... and like his world is going to ******* shatter if it's true.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

What I'm referring to is that nobody wants to be the one to aggressively case someone else, which would move votes off Pac. Votes slowly moved off of him, but there's nobody pioneering a better case, the votes just sort of got slopped off...

Other than that, I've cased 80, and nobody wants to touch it --- which is bizarre, frankly.

You've spent more energy trying to prove me a hypocrite, and failing, than actually sticking up for your Crusher or JIF cases. Which is really intriguing when you consider that earlier in the game you said something about wanting to convince the other 6 voters in order to get your suspect lynched. Now, all you're doing is fapping over my every word. Not trying to lead a lynch on anyone really. 

I seriously can't tell if you are blatant scum, or just dumb Brett whose insecurities got tweaked by smart, arrogant Ape. I want to say I used to bring this out of you pretty easily in the past. Petty sniping, and an air of disillusion that you are proving me wrong, when you're really just proving yourself dumb and insecure. That's how you are right? Or are you just scum?

Sensitive today huh? 

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@Integrity28  @The Crusher  Did Pac reveal his fish in your QT? 

What possible pro-town motive could be behind not revealing his fish?

No, he hasn't.

Crusher and I have both been transparent with each other in the QT. Pac is being more paranoid. I'm torn, cooperation might be the scum way to play it, while distrust could be the town way.

I can't arrive at a conclusion with them, not without making assumptions. 

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

For the record, I like CTM's case on AVM as well.  Don't see the case on JiF being thrown out there by Brett.  If we avoid lynching any neighbors today, AVM is where my vote is headed next.

[Insert accusation of 80 "parroting" here]

No, this is a good post. This is a natural townie "agree" post. This is the first thing you've done to make me rethink my position on you. If you were scum, you'd probably have been more nudgy, using stuff to build narrative as I still think you were doing earlier. This is more of a "taking a position statement", and indicative of town play. IMO

It's possible you were still thinking like scum from last game, and that's why your earlier suspicions came across like smarmy narrative. I've done that after playing a really intense game as scum, I kind of never turned off after becoming town the next game.

Unvote

I think I can give you the benefit of the doubt that this, combined with your hystrionics after some pressure, might be genuine.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

No, this is a good post. This is a natural townie "agree" post. This is the first thing you've done to make me rethink my position on you. If you were scum, you'd probably have been more nudgy, using stuff to build narrative as I still think you were doing earlier. This is more of a "taking a position statement", and indicative of town play. IMO

It's possible you were still thinking like scum from last game, and that's why your earlier suspicions came across like smarmy narrative. I've done that after playing a really intense game as scum, I kind of never turned off after becoming town the next game.

Unvote

I think I can give you the benefit of the doubt that this, combined with your hystrionics after some pressure, might be genuine.

Buddying?  I've got nothing here.  Glad you've stopped digging in on me being scum, however. 

4 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

Sensitive today huh? 

That was a straight-laced, transparent post, laden with nothing more than an account of what I've seen... and me insulting you.

I think you're projecting your own personality into my words. My delivery is dry and candid. You read it as whiny gash. That's not me... that's you.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Buddying?  I've got nothing here.  Glad you've stopped digging in on me being scum, however. 

Stupid.

I don't know anyone's alignment, but my own... I reserve the right to reconsider. 

If that's a problem for you, I can just camp my vote out on you the rest of the game.

Alright, I want to work a different angle here.

Vote Leelou

I feel like after I revealed, she hit me with a very "fake" feeling series of questions. No broken logic. No narrative, or nudging, or any of that stuff. Just a good old fashioned hunch here... 

Another option I was stewing over this morning was a No Lynch scenario. 

If you think about it, we have conversion speculation, and we have odd roles we haven't seen often. A no lynch on D1, basically resets the game as though it begins in night phase, but with some already decent reveals out there, and some great reactions. 

I'm not normally a fan, but it was specifically called out in the rules, and stuck in my craw a bit when I read it.

17 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Stupid.

I don't know anyone's alignment, but my own... I reserve the right to reconsider. 

If that's a problem for you, I can just camp my vote out on you the rest of the game.

Don't care if you do.  Just grows tiresome when you (or anyone else) tunnel visions.

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

If you think about it, we have conversion speculation, and we have odd roles we haven't seen often. A no lynch on D1, basically resets the game as though it begins in night phase, but with some already decent reveals out there, and some great reactions. 

I'm not normally a fan, but it was specifically called out in the rules, and stuck in my craw a bit when I read it.

Gaming the mod here.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Gaming the mod here.

Not really.

Gaming the mod would be: "There can't be conversions, because Nolder made it an ocean theme"

I'm simply saying, I don't like No Lynch, and almost never think of it, but when I read it in the rules, it stuck with me. It's got nothing to do with Nolder. I was just providing a frame of reference for why I was considering it, when I historically never do.

Welcome back to the FOS list, though.

You just can't help yourself. Right back to taking every little thing, and inaccurately putting scummy slant on it. 

23 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Not really.

Gaming the mod would be: "There can't be conversions, because Nolder made it an ocean theme"

I'm simply saying, I don't like No Lynch, and almost never think of it, but when I read it in the rules, it stuck with me. It's got nothing to do with Nolder. I was just providing a frame of reference for why I was considering it, when I historically never do.

Welcome back to the FOS list, though.

You just can't help yourself. Right back to taking every little thing, and inaccurately putting scummy slant on it. 

He did mention in the rules, that no lynch was an option.  Maybe a subtle hint from the mod that it's a smart play?  This is in addition to him mentioning the communication outside of the game, which we now see as truth with the neighbors reveal.

I hate no lynch, hate it.  But this has me thinking...

Just now, JiF said:

He did mention in the rules, that no lynch was an option.  Maybe a subtle hint from the mod that it's a smart play?  This is in addition to him mentioning the communication outside of the game, which we now see as truth with the neighbors reveal.

This post feels like "GBtA". 

15 hours ago, Pac said:

You're an idiot.  You're trying to use my logic against me.

I was the one that immediately surmised that having a 3 man town mason team in a 12 man game would be stupid.  I believe it was literally my first post in that stupid QT.  I was coming at the angle of conversion game instead of 1 of us beginning as scum as that made more sense to me at the time.

Now you've effectively made me doubt anything you're saying in the QT.

Your clearing of Crush is also laughable..  what exactly has he done to be cleared??  For that matter what have I done to seem scummy.  I'M THE ONE who planted the seed in your stupid brain!!

If i was scum it wouldn't make any sense to immediately make my fellow townies doubt me.

mason? or neighbors?

make up your mind cause there's a huge freaken difference between the 2

15 hours ago, Pac said:

Did you take the pencil out of your mouth and shove it in your ear?  Your brain is fried.

How is my brain fried? You mean to say that 80 had some merit to saying you guys are all scum? Or that you are the one acting most scummy? Your posts from coming back into the thread haven't really done much to improve my opinion. 

14 hours ago, StraightCash said:

Unvote vote Jif

It seems like you either have to be prodded to vote your top suspects or follow someone. Can't you just take charge? 

14 hours ago, Pac said:

Another thing I'd like to add for the "I'm suspicious of Pac" crows is that it wouldn't make sense whatsoever for me to immediately point out in the QT that are team could eventually be tainted.  Why make my first order of business to intentionally make my teammates doubt me..  which those 2 dopes quickly did lol.

I'll tell you this much..  if this is proven to not be a conversion game then Crush or Ape is most certainly is scum.

First part is Wifom, which I see was already pointed out. If it is not a conversion game, out of the two who do you feel is more likely to be scum?

12 hours ago, StraightCash said:

Hmm... Went back and re-read our whole exchange. It seems like you remember it better than I did, and you have stuck with your conviction pretty well. You've moved down the list, and I've moved on-- time to string up Jif.

So JiF is now your #1? And do you have a new #2? 

10 hours ago, Pac said:

the gfy fish.

Not helpful. Both your QT mates revealed their fish. 

36 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Alright, I want to work a different angle here.

Vote Leelou

I feel like after I revealed, she hit me with a very "fake" feeling series of questions. No broken logic. No narrative, or nudging, or any of that stuff. Just a good old fashioned hunch here... 

I'm having a bit of trouble really getting into the game. I'm going to work on that more this weekend. 

31 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I think Nolder normally mentions that No Lynch is allowed. I'm going to go check on that. 

You guys are f*ckin idiots. 

Previous games run by Nolder:

Brand Icons Mafia: 

RULES: 

Rules
Hammer Game
Self Voting/No Lynch allowed
Character Claiming allowed
Role Claiming allowed
Editing posts allowed
Do not quote PM's
Do not discuss flavor text from PM's
Do not post any images or videos included in your PM
Do not communicate off thread unless told via PM
Use #Vote: [Name] to vote someone or Vote: [Name] either format will be counted
Example Town Role PM:

Christmas Mafia:

Rules
1. Claims are allowed.
2. Do not quote PM's, do not share QT's, do not communicate outside game thread unless instructed.
3. Editing allowed, self voting allowed, voting no lynch allowed.
4. Hammer game.

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

The no lynch idea is stupid. Except this time instead of me just telling Ape it was stupid, I waited to see some reactions to it. I thought the first few people who get on board this stupid plan would be scum. And the way it plays out? 80 disagrees, and then you come along saying you are interested. Way to affirm my suspicions.

There is nothing good about no lynch. Scum NKs whoever gives the least amount of info, and then we are back at square 1 except 1 townie down. Why don't we lynch scum today instead? Starting with you

14 hours ago, StraightCash said:

He was inconsistent in his reason for voting me. First it was for my "stupid plan" to out the cop, which I said wouldn't work. Then when he found out it was Jifs plan, he said it was actually my reaction to the plan, not that it was my idea. Then he started getting into some nonsense about how I was being cocky because I voted Jif early, then when Jif told him that was a joke it turned into because I was being cocky about my vote on CTM. Came across we just voting me for the sake of planting a vote on me, not for any specific reason.

sooo... your entire case is OMGUS.

compelling

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I had the post typed up and ready to go, but waited a few seconds to see if anyone else would chime in with that kind of thinking.  Hit "submit" as soon as I saw your post, lol.

Lol, well you saved me time from having to go search the board. :)

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

He doesnt have a case on me.  He decided that I'm playing scummy all of a sudden because he's #1 on my list and I havent come off it because somehow thats scummy and not just strong conviction.  He prodded Pac to vote me and then finally followed,  Similar to how he was prodding Crusher but didnt vote him until you called him on it.  He's disgusting. 

FTR - nothing has changed for me - Bret, 80 and Pac.  I'm listening to the AVM and Leelou theories but I'll openly admit I have a hard time reading both.  I spent 5 games chasing AVM pings last season and he was town every single time.  Leelou and her new pencil in mouth avatar is distracting and the only thing that is enjoyable to look at in this stupid game.

Archived