2016 Cap Space and the Jax Jaguars

CanadaSteve

Don't like their coach (Bradley) too much of a college rah-rah guy.  Doesn't seem like he

brings enough technical knowledge to the table.  Also, it always seems like the bad teams

have tons of cap room because they can't find/develop good talent therefore they always

have cheap bad players

23 minutes ago, KRL said:

Don't like their coach (Bradley) too much of a college rah-rah guy.  Doesn't seem like he

brings enough technical knowledge to the table.  Also, it always seems like the bad teams

have tons of cap room because they can't find/develop good talent therefore they always

have cheap bad players

....and they constantly get good draft positions

20 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

This will be an interesting team to watch over the coming months.  They have $73 million in cap space, and they get Dante Fowler back from IR.  Could be interesting indeed to see what they do as well.

I think they can win AFC South next year.  Bortles had an underrated 2nd season, Robinson and Hurns look great, and $73 mil in cap room and no state income tax in Florida.

6 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

I think they can win AFC South next year.  Bortles had an underrated 2nd season, Robinson and Hurns look great, and $73 mil in cap room and no state income tax in Florida.

And there it is! We have a winner.

Wonder if they'd be interested in a 26 yr. old DL for a 1st and 2nd rd. pick this yr and a 2nd next yr?

It's what we should concentrate on for the next 2 years. Completely rebuilding and becoming young and fast. Trade MO, and let almost all our FA go. Pass on Fitz. Accumulate draft picks and compensatory picks. Go from one of the oldest to the youngest team. Get a bunch of young QBs and find the future. Stop being mediocre.

2 hours ago, johnnysd said:

It's what we should concentrate on for the next 2 years. Completely rebuilding and becoming young and fast. Trade MO, and let almost all our FA go. Pass on Fitz. Accumulate draft picks and compensatory picks. Go from one of the oldest to the youngest team. Get a bunch of young QBs and find the future. Stop being mediocre.

Would be totally down for this but I don't think most would.  Would be a step back for 2 (hopefully) forward.  We're kind of built to win now (except at QB) so the organization has to decide where it's going. 

3 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

And there it is! We have a winner.

Wonder if they'd be interested in a 26 yr. old DL for a 1st and 2nd rd. pick this yr and a 2nd next yr?

They have the 5th pick in the 1st rd if the Jets got that you send them Fast track to the HOF in a NY minute..:)

17 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

They have the 5th pick in the 1st rd if the Jets got that you send them Fast track to the HOF in a NY minute..:)

I really almost feel forced to apologize for breaking you. 

I know this is futile:

# of times a top 5 or even 10 draft pick has been traded for a FA in...any sport's history: 0

Not that facts have ever matter at all in this...It's about feeling and getting emotions out.

1 hour ago, SenorGato said:

I know this is futile:

# of times a top 5 or even 10 draft pick has been traded for a FA in...any sport's history: 0

Not that facts have ever matter at all in this...It's about feeling and getting emotions out.

You need mental help I could bust your chops but don't want to get blamed for child abuse.. Instead take a time out go to your room and look at your Mo Fat head and fantasize about the HOF and you and Mo.. :wub:

12 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Instead take a time out go to your room and look at your Mo Fat head and fantasize about the HOF and you and Mo.. :wub:

This is basically how you spent the 60's-80's isn't it? That would explain your one noteness.  ALMOST feel forced to apologize THO, I didn't realize just how butthurt you'd end up going in.

2 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

This is basically how you spent the 60's-80's isn't it? That would explain your one noteness.  ALMOST feel forced to apologize THO, I didn't realize just how butthurt you'd end up going in.

Butthurt seems to be your favorite word were you that anally abused in the past.. Maybe Max can send you some KY to ease your pain..:)

1 hour ago, SenorGato said:

I know this is futile:

Without checking any other teams or sports (and not knowing how bad the team would be in future seasons) something similar to the Curtis Martin deal would be great:

“The Patriots would get a third- and fourth-round draft pick from the Jets in 1997, a second-round in 1998, & a first round pick in 1999

Archived