Pussy Power

Lizard King

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I, for one, can't stand conversion games and was a little mad I got converted.  I was happy town seemed to be dominating and wanted to be part of that victory.

But not gonna lie.  It became fun working with AVM and Lily.  The fact that none of us got lynched or killed in the end says we played well.

I mostly hid after conversion, so IDK if I'd call it good play lol.  You saw the game pretty well there at the end, though -- and Lily did really well with her picks.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, AVM said:

This is what I'm talking about.  You're taking it out on us.  I get you're mad, again...you put in more effort than anyone else and were playing a great game.  Not needed to get an attitude with us.

You know I like you and everyone here -- but the above two whatevers to Lily and me come across as we did something wrong.  I'm genuinely sorry town got shafted, and I'm not celebrating a victory or anything.

I'm telling you that it wasn't intended as you perceived it. CTM asked something, I answered apparently incorrectly... and you guys kept clarifying it to me... when it makes no difference to me. If you want to take something personally that I'm explicitly telling you wasn't meant that way.... then I'm not sure what to tell you.

I can apologize if you like because I like you too. But it really wasn't intended as a slight.

3 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

The w/e was because I didn't really care if Crusher got shot or not. 

Then I'm sorry :(

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

Yeah dude, your guys are good with me. When i saw game over I first though oh wow, brett was the GF.. and then was like wtf

I mean I really do feel bad.  Been on the wrong side of it before, so I feel you guys.

Just now, AVM said:

Then I'm sorry :(

I mean I really do feel bad.  Been on the wrong side of it before, so I feel you guys.

you shouldn't feel bad, not your fault at all.

How many times did i say that i wasn't expecting this game to be balanced? I played anyway, lol

9 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

guys look...random lynches are on the town, and the cults were not aligned so that could have broken either rway

if I notify crusher about his vest, town may have one

are we really saying it was THAT imbalanced?

Not at all.  Top 3 game imho

3 minutes ago, CTM said:

thanks Lizzie! Not going to complain, I had fun and I think had we lynched 80 or lily as we should've it could've gotten interesting as scum and town would know about cult

Yep.  Would have forced Crusher to cult-hunt.

That's why I had a feeling none of us could die for us to win.  Any one of us goes down and I think town or scum would have had a very good shot at winning, even if it required a successful lynch AND a correct shot by Crusher on one of us for that to happen.

Would have been left with, say, Lily, Crusher, CTM, and JiF.  That would have been awesome to watch.

1 minute ago, Nynaeve said:

I'm telling you that it wasn't intended as you perceived it. CTM asked something, I answered apparently incorrectly... and you guys kept clarifying it to me... when it makes no difference to me. If you want to take something personally that I'm explicitly telling you wasn't meant that way.... then I'm not sure what to tell you.

I can apologize if you like because I like you too. But it really wasn't intended as a slight.

<3

Sorry -- I feel like crap in RL and do feel bad for you and others that put in a great effort.  FWIW (I know, not much right now) Crusher gave you the highest of compliments in my book, that when town you can see the game similar to Dan X -- i would agree.

Just now, AVM said:

<3

Sorry -- I feel like crap in RL and do feel bad for you and others that put in a great effort.  FWIW (I know, not much right now) Crusher gave you the highest of compliments in my book, that when town you can see the game similar to Dan X -- i would agree.

*hugs*  

As for Lizzie -- it's tough.  You want to put together a fun game with some different roles and ideas and it's hard to see all the different possibilities.  If I shoot Lily N1 town probably wins.  Likely?  Definitely not -- but possible.  If scum target her as a PR and RB/Kill her...town is probably in a good spot.

I think the conversion games without scenes are very difficult -- you really need an extremely large game (16+ at least...preferably one of our old mega games), and a bunch of killing roles with town really powered up.  In that scenario the odds of hitting cult via kill or lynch in the first two days is pretty high.

Small games with cult and scum are just incredibly difficult to pull off -- you almost have to roll up everyone and run the risk that it's over in less than a week.

3 minutes ago, AVM said:

As for Lizzie -- it's tough.  You want to put together a fun game with some different roles and ideas and it's hard to see all the different possibilities.  If I shoot Lily N1 town probably wins.  Likely?  Definitely not -- but possible.  If scum target her as a PR and RB/Kill her...town is probably in a good spot.

I think the conversion games without scenes are very difficult -- you really need an extremely large game (16+ at least...preferably one of our old mega games), and a bunch of killing roles with town really powered up.  In that scenario the odds of hitting cult via kill or lynch in the first two days is pretty high.

Small games with cult and scum are just incredibly difficult to pull off -- you almost have to roll up everyone and run the risk that it's over in less than a week.

this is fair. Very hard to balance conversion games, especially considering as you said Lily dies early and cult is dunzo.

Which on that note, we should all be able to agree on saying GG @Lily !!

6 minutes ago, AVM said:

Agreed.  Sometimes complex setups can seem awesome, but there are almost ALWAYS going to be balance issues depending on how the game goes.  When I ran Dexter Mafia, I had a 3-member scum team, a 3-member SK team, and a huge town full of BPV's.  However, the SK's kept getting lynched or killed off by scum, so the balance of power was shifted dramatically to town's favor.  Hess, Brett, and one other player were on that SK team I believe.  Pac, CTM and someone else was scum.

With that being said.....anybody want me to run the next game?.....LOL.

5 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

I enjoy conversion games.. Enjoy them more when the conversions are more public knowledge. Had fun though. Knowing how many people were non-town makes way more sense now

I love conversion games -- one of the last ones I ran had a conversion mechanism.  Sharrow was the Cult Leader, Santonio Holmes.  So much fun to run.

4 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

I don't know who Dan X is....

The G.O.A.T.!

3 minutes ago, CTM said:

^^ still laughing about this,, stoops!

lulz

That was part of the thought process 80 and Lily had behind her claiming Tracker if need be, i believe.

1 minute ago, AVM said:

That was part of the thought process 80 and Lily had behind her claiming Tracker if need be, i believe.

Yep.  Knew there was no way town would think there are 3 scum left.  So a coordinated effort between you, me and Lily would not be believable.

1 minute ago, CTM said:

this is fair. Very hard to balance conversion games, especially considering as you said Lily dies early and cult is dunzo.

Which on that note, we should all be able to agree on saying GG @Lily !!

Thanks, CTM. I'm thinking how much fun it would have been if I had converted Brett. He would have had to 180 on me or at least not push so hard. 

Just now, Lily said:

Thanks, CTM. I'm thinking how much fun it would have been if I had converted Brett. He would have had to 180 on me or at least not push so hard. 

LOL that would have been awesome.  You hadn't posted a ton of content so he would have had to figure out a BS reason to move you into the town pile.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Agreed.  Sometimes complex setups can seem awesome, but there are almost ALWAYS going to be balance issues depending on how the game goes.  When I ran Dexter Mafia, I had a 3-member scum team, a 3-member SK team, and a huge town full of BPV's.  However, the SK's kept getting lynched or killed off my scum, so the balance of power was shifted dramatically to town's favor.  Hess, Brett, and one other player were on that SK team I believe.  Pac, CTM and someone else was scum.

With that being said.....anybody want me to run the next game?.....LOL.

Yep -- on the flip side, the Inception game by SMC was quite possibly the most complex game we've had and it was fantastic.  It's not about being done well, most of these huge games are written and well thought through...it's also a bit of luck in key roles not making the least ideal decisions lol

2 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

I can't believe you didn't convert CTM the way he had Nyn and Jif dancing 

oh thank god. I finally shaked my pied piper rep, this game would've earned it back had that happenned lol

2 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

I can't believe you didn't convert CTM the way he had Nyn and Jif dancing 

Just now, Nynaeve said:

CTM was clear town in my eyes. So was JiF. 

He's still CTM -- the cleaner he looks the less people trust him end game lol

2 minutes ago, AVM said:

Yep -- on the flip side, the Inception game by SMC was quite possibly the most complex game we've had and it was fantastic.  It's not about being done well, most of these huge games are written and well thought through...it's also a bit of luck in key roles not making the least ideal decisions lol

I still want to play that game again.  This time making it deeper into the game.  He said there was going to potentially be some crazier sh*t happening, messing with reality and stuff, and never revealed what any of that would look like.

@SMC?  Please?

1 minute ago, AVM said:

He's still CTM -- the cleaner he looks the less people trust him end game lol

I prolly never would have lynched him. We have a thing where we sort of just know. I can't really explain it. But I can tell from the way he gauges things. And I think he does the same with me.

Archived