Empire State Mafia Sign-Ups

2 hours ago, JiF said:

I want a dog so bad, I just dont have the time for one.  I dont want to be a terrible owner who's never around.  

However, if my brother ever decides to breed Z-Boy, I"m going to get a pup for sure.  He's the literally the greatest dog ever. 

Thought about breeding Bubba for the same temperament reasons.  Sadly it's the bitch that carries majority of traits.  Plus with my Dad Commiting his retirement to Dog rescue I see first hand how many abused/unwanted pit bulls are out there.  It's sad .  Reason I took GoGo.  She was a three time FTT dog and needed us.  Somebody crated her incorrectly and she deals with separation anxiety.  Two weeks in at our hom and she is coming around.  Sweet little dog.  My favorite thing she does is dives off my sons bed and lands on bubba.  Bites his ears to try and hold on.  He outweighs her by 60 pound and is 9 and a 1/2 years older.  I can see him thinking " what the fuck child!!" when he shrugs her off.  She lands on the ground rolls to her back and does the submissive thing.  He just stares at her not grasping what just happen. She also does it to Sal when he is playing PlayStation in his recliner.  So funny.  She pounces like a lioness.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Thought about breeding Bubba for the same temperament reasons.  Sadly it's the bitch that carries majority of traits.  Plus with my Dad Commiting his retirement to Dog rescue I see first hand how many abused/unwanted pit bulls are out there.  It's sad .  Reason I took GoGo.  She was a three time FTT dog and needed us.  Somebody crated her incorrectly and she deals with separation anxiety.  Two weeks in at our hom and she is coming around.  Sweet little dog.  My favorite thing she does is dives off my sons bed and lands on bubba.  Bites his ears to try and hold on.  He outweighs her by 60 pound and is 9 and a 1/2 years older.  I can see him thinking " what the **** child!!" when he shrugs her off.  She lands on the ground rolls to her back and does the submissive thing.  He just stares at her not grasping what just happen. She also does it to Sal when he is playing PlayStation in his recliner.  So funny.  She pounces like a lioness.  

That's youtube video worthy.  lol

20 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Awwww, he looks like an old boy. My Maggie is a little 'ol lady herself.

LOL. He's not old. He's 3, but he has health problems and is on steroids, so maybe they age him. 

15 minutes ago, Lily said:

LOL. He's not old. He's 3, but he has health problems and is on steroids, so maybe they age him. 

Aww, well my apologies to the strapping young pup. :) It was the white hair under his chinny chin chin that deceived me. My Mags started growing grayish/white hair around her face when she got older.

She's also on steroids for some pretty severe allergies, so I can sympathize with your dog. :(

25 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Aww, well my apologies to the strapping young pup. :) It was the white hair under his chinny chin chin that deceived me. My Mags started growing grayish/white hair around her face when she got older.

She's also on steroids for some pretty severe allergies, so I can sympathize with your dog. :(

Yep. He's on steroids and antihistamines for allergies. 

24 minutes ago, Lily said:

Everyone has such adorable doggies! *heart melts*

It may seem wrong but I love my dog more than some family members.  Something about when I get home from work and my dog is always happy to see me no matter what.  It tears my heart knowing some day within the next 5-10 years that she wont be with me.  

• Upvote 3

It hurts me to think about that with Blackjack. He's not the family's only dog, but he is my only dog. And with the steroids, we are shortening his lifespan. So he has less time with me than another dog might. He's the best dog ever. Really well behaved, except when it comes to food. But he's hungry a lot of the time, so who can blame him? Pssst - I love him more than some of my family members, too. 

The only problem I have with Blackjack is that I can't go camping anymore. I have to give him his meds twice a day and he won't potty on a leash. I trained him that a leash is for walking and we don't potty in the neighbor's yard. Didn't think that one through. So, he can't go and I can't leave him. 

14 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

It may seem wrong but I love my dog more than some family members.  Something about when I get home from work and my dog is always happy to see me no matter what.  It tears my heart knowing some day within the next 5-10 years that she wont be with me.  

I completely understand what you mean. I truly, truly do.

SO very much.

• Upvote 3

I'm not expecting to, but if at some point I just disappear for an extended period of time I'm ok just uhh resettling life and such.

I'm sure a lot of you know how crazy things can get when people are sick and/or dying and there's a million things that need to be done yesterday.

No one is dying (yet) so no need for well wishes and all that. Just wanted to let you guys know that if you just don't hear from me for like 6 months it's probably just due to cutting off the internet while more important bills get paid. That's all.

16 minutes ago, Nolder said:

I'm not expecting to, but if at some point I just disappear for an extended period of time I'm ok just uhh resettling life and such.

I'm sure a lot of you know how crazy things can get when people are sick and/or dying and there's a million things that need to be done yesterday.

No one is dying (yet) so no need for well wishes and all that. Just wanted to let you guys know that if you just don't hear from me for like 6 months it's probably just due to cutting off the internet while more important bills get paid. That's all.

Good luck with all that, dude, and I hope everything works out for you as well as things can when life gets sh*tty.

10 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

Has 80's AAU team been defeated by the Sisters of Mercy nunnery yet so we can move on and play the game?

It takes time to reach the Fantastic 512 when you start with 4,096 teams, Brett. Never mind the Terrific 256! The play-in rounds are brutal.

Game will start by June the latest, I promise.

I didn't expect this level of disaster when the sign ups went up.  Here's the deal though.  I won't post nearly as much as I used to during work hours and I go away on my annual trip to FL next week.  There's definitely down time where I could post that week but it will be sporadic.  If that works sign me up..  if not, dont.