PLEASE BRING BACK FITZ

JotsFeed

The Jets do no want or need to worry about finding a decent quarterback again, they should try everything they can to keep the team’s chemistry and bring back Fitzpatrick. Of the quarterbacks available to the Jets Fitzpatrick has the most to offer, and with him resigned they can focus on other positions in free agency and the NFL draft. Its not like there are other better option my god i hope we keep him what i scary thought to have gene starting.

12 minutes ago, JotsFeed said:

The Jets do no want or need to worry about finding a decent quarterback again, they should try everything they can to keep the team’s chemistry and bring back Fitzpatrick. Of the quarterbacks available to the Jets Fitzpatrick has the most to offer, and with him resigned they can focus on other positions in free agency and the NFL draft. Its not like there are other better option my god i hope we keep him what i scary thought to have gene starting.

Welcome to the site Ryan.

I don't mean to be a jerk but in my opinion fitz had his testeverde 98, his Rodney Peete Panthers year, his tommy Maddox steelers year and if we bring him back I think he'll have his testeverde 99. Let's not get screwed into paying this guy a hefty contract, we're gonna regret it.  Maybe we don't have the answer but fitz coming back may prevent us from searching for one.

11 minutes ago, JotsFeed said:

Hey.  No outside links.

18 minutes ago, Persiussa said:

I don't mean to be a jerk but in my opinion fitz had his testeverde 98, his Rodney Peete Panthers year, his tommy Maddox steelers year and if we bring him back I think he'll have his testeverde 99. Let's not get screwed into paying this guy a hefty contract, we're gonna regret it.  Maybe we don't have the answer but fitz coming back may prevent us from searching for one.

A Wise man once said:

On March 4, 2016 at 3:57 PM, Gas2No99  said:

"Hell, even VinnyTestaverde never replicated what he did for us in 1998 and by 2002 we were all calling for his head and regretting the contract:

"Testaverde, whose strong performance last season was no less surprising than the Jets', signed a three-year deal that included an upfront bonus of $6.2 million and millions more in guaranteed income -- an unusual development in a sport in which most contracts are not guaranteed. 

Over all, Testaverde signed for $19.47 million in a three-year deal. Incentives, most of them based on team performance, could swell the contract to $27 million."

Dont' repeat the SAME mistake with Fitzy, as much as i loved his 2015 grittiness. We MUST find a QB - either trade or Draft who can become the eventual starter after either Fitzy leaves in '16 or near future or Geno leaves/cut/not-tendered in '16 or '17. Hopefully Petty is that guy, "

Way to call it Gas! :-) 

1 hour ago, Persiussa said:

Great analogies. Disagree that Fitz would be a barrier between us and developing a QB for the future though

2 hours ago, Persiussa said:

You think Fitz is going to tear his Achilles on opening day?

Archived