Sanchez traded to Broncos!

pointman

6 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

I said high 20's, based on the stats in the NFL, there is a big difference between 20 and huh 20's. Sanchez should not have even been a starting NFL QB in 10, he should have been a rookie sitting and watching,  but he did plenty of good as well as plenty of bad in 10, same with the defense. To ignore that is not being fair, but that's your prerogative.

Broncos know what they're doing here.  Reportedly still pursuing Kaepernick so they have a legit starter ahead of Sanchez.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Let it go guys. Let it go.

Holy crap I just tried to read through a couple of pages of this. Guy hasn't been a NY Jet for half a decade and people are still trying to make excuses for him. After years of saying plenty, I barely comment on him anymore. Why? Because he's not a Jet now (and I didn't much care for him when he was here anyway). 

What are people arguing? The defense came into the game half asleep -- or more than half asleep. And Sanchez played so badly that, if you didn't know better, you'd think he was getting paid off to tank the game until it was out of reach. In the second half both goats played better, but it was too little too late.

Regardless, it was years ago. 

I'd think any Jets fans would want him to continue to be a failure. If he gets a shot at the starting gig there I know I hope he blows it and blows their season. One, because he's on a competing AFC team and I only root for our own. Two, because why would you ever want to learn we gave up on a good QB? If we dumped someone I'd want to be reassured we did the right thing. Especially at QB.

So screw him, screw the donkeys (who don't want him to start anyway), and go Jets.

10 hours ago, Larz said:

punt

punt

punt

fumble

rex ?

Pittsburgh Drives:

1              1              15:00     PIT 34    15           9:06        66           Touchdown       

2              1              1:43        PIT 13    8              4:11        55           Interception      

3              2              10:32     PIT 38    8              3:41        60           Field Goal           

4              2              5:57        PIT 34    7              3:57        66           Touchdown       

Steelers had the ball 13 of the first 15 minutes in the first quarter, had the ball 21 of 30 minutes, Jets defense could not get off the field, offense could not get on it.

When you are down by 17 at the 2 minute warning in a Championship Game with a defense that can't stop a cold and no time of possession the offense realizes that they have to put up 30 points in 32 minutes and their playcalling goes high-risk.  At the same time, the opposing defense has a massive cushion, knowledge that their offense can put up lengthy drives and endless 3rd down conversions, and has a comfort level to blitz and tee-off at will.  Which they did.

Rex.

SAR I

This could be a good deal for Mark. Although I couldn't see Elway being able to accept his mistake filled performances. Or the D players dealing with losing games because of his turnovers. I could see Kubiak if the Broncos are stuck with him as the starter adapting his game and giving him a reduced game plan like Schotty did in years one and two. I always thought Mark's only future in the NFL as a starter would be game manager. I would not allow him to throw under certain circumstances. Just get out the game film and you'll see it very clearly. btw I just wonder if Elway would even consider Geno Smith. But I can see Elway drafting a Qb this year unless they end up with Kap. 

On 3/11/2016 at 9:23 PM, Jet Nut said:

You mean what happened after the most important play of the game?

the one you never list when talking about hat game? 

Dont ever tell anyone to quit, who are you?  And clueless.  Lol, GFY 

obviously you don't know so move along.  go look at some out of context stat sheets.

On 3/12/2016 at 8:42 AM, Shadetree said:

I guess we have to wait out this Fitzpatrick, kaepernick, and Draft situation to play out but, I believe, mark Sanchez can start and succeed in Kubiaks offense. Sanchez is still very very good with his hands and feet executing play action fakes. Pair that with Kubiaks offense which, I believe, is the best running game/blocking scheme around and you just might have a recipe for success.

All that's left is a big "if"....IF Kubiak and Sanchez can limit Marks poor throwing decisions.

Years ago, I thought Sanchez would have been good with what Kubiak does.  Run the ball, play action, boot leg.  Sanchez throws very well on the move.  Ask him to stand there and pick apart a defense... not so much.

The Broncos won with really bad QB play last year.   Sanchez can be better than what they had, they can win with him there.

3 hours ago, chirorob said:

Years ago, I thought Sanchez would have been good with what Kubiak does.  Run the ball, play action, boot leg.  Sanchez throws very well on the move.  Ask him to stand there and pick apart a defense... not so much.

The Broncos won with really bad QB play last year.   Sanchez can be better than what they had, they can win with him there.

I really wouldn't be surprised if the Broncos stick it out w Sanchez and draft another QB at the bottom of round 1. Maybe bring in a reliable, cheap veteran to back up Sanchez. 

That zone blocking scheme hides a lot of ills.

Archived