Who is your legit, outside the box, surprise potential draft pick for the Jets at #20?

Sarge4Tide

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my humble opinion, a 1st round pick should be someone who makes those around him better, not be one of the boys.  If this player is on the board when you pick, you take that player. If that player doesn't exist, then you should trade out even if it means taking less than the value chart dictates . 

8 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

In my humble opinion, a 1st round pick should be someone who makes those around him better, not be one of the boys.  If this player is on the board when you pick, you take that player. If that player doesn't exist, then you should trade out even if it means taking less than the value chart dictates . 

Agree with you on any other position except QB. If by being "one of the boys" means being respected and liked by your teammates, and that player is the QB, then he definitely makes those around him better because they will sell out for you.

On 3/18/2016 at 1:49 PM, BklynJetsFan85 said:

CB Eli Apple (Ohio State)

QB Paxton Lynch (Memphis) 

OT Jack Conklin (Mich St) - if he's there

CB Kendall Fuller (Virginia Tech)

DE Jonathan Bullard (Florida)

DE/OLB Emmanuel Ogbah (Oklahoma State)

These are guys i think are possible... depending which way they go. It's worth noting Kendall Fuller is top 10 talent, but draft stock dropped a little bit due to Knee injury he sustained last season. If we dont sign back Fitzpatrick nd they don't pull the trigger on RG3 - then i can see Lynch going at 20. I'm not super sold on him... but a lot of people like him. Bullard is a pass rusher - fits the 3-4 scheme, can also line up at DT.  Ogbah had an insane 40 time for a guy his size (4.6 i believe). good sack/TFL numbers in college - only thing with him is consistency. 

Hopefully Bullard falls to the second round only because I like your first 4 better

Hopefully the Henderson resigning takes us out of the Ragland sweepstakes. Really love him as a college player but the fact he only did 13 reps kinda scares me, and I've been worried that he would be the BPA. I can't even fathom how a guy that big can only do 13 reps. BAMA guy no less.

25 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

the team needs offensive talent.  please go offense in the first round.

they had best wide receiver tandem in nfl last season with fitzpatrick as their qb... and their top TE was injured all season. we got matt forte which i feel is an upgrade from ivory... great receiving skills out of backfield... got powell who can do same thing... im not super familiar with robinson. The only position besides qb that we can really upgrade is RT. Very weak qb class imo - i would take a shot at Cardale Jones in the mid rounds... if you really want a qb.

Just now, BklynJetsFan85 said:

they had best wide receiver tandem in nfl last season with fitzpatrick as their qb... and their top TE was injured all season. we got matt forte which i feel is an upgrade from ivory... great receiving skills out of backfield... got powell who can do same thing... im not super familiar with robinson. The only position besides qb that we can really upgrade is RT. Very weak qb class imo - i would take a shot at Cardale Jones in the mid rounds... if you really want a qb.

they have no young offensive talent.  none.  amaro and smith are quite unproven.  in 2 years they could be without brick, mangold, marshall and forte - and there is nothing close to replacements for these guys.  

8 minutes ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

Cardale Jones is poo.

2 hours ago, BroadwayJets said:

Hopefully the Henderson resigning takes us out of the Ragland sweepstakes. Really love him as a college player but the fact he only did 13 reps kinda scares me, and I've been worried that he would be the BPA. I can't even fathom how a guy that big can only do 13 reps. BAMA guy no less.

13 is not good, but i do know no one hits harder, ask zeke elliot.  Reps also depend on length of your arms, short arms guys kill this drill.

2 hours ago, peebag said:

Cardale Jones is poo.

looked awesome at his pro day. Herman left. Devin Smith to the draft. QBs split reps in camp. Majority of the Ohio State WRs last year were converted RBs and Harvin role types, not smooth predictable route runners. Guy has an elite arm, maybe best in the draft, and he has a ton of physical ability - im not saying he's not a project but he could develop into a very good NFL qb - he has the tools - this isn't the rex ryan regime where QBs careers end.

1 minute ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

looked awesome at his pro day. Herman left. Devin Smith to the draft. QBs split reps in camp. Majority of the Ohio State WRs last year were converted RBs and Harvin role types, not smooth predictable route runners. Guy has an elite arm, maybe best in the draft, and he has a ton of physical ability - im not saying he's not a project but he could develop into a very good NFL qb - he has the tools - this isn't the rex ryan regime where QBs careers end.

Hopefully, this is the regime where crappy QB careers end.:D

1 hour ago, afosomf said:

13 is not good, but i do know no one hits harder, ask zeke elliot.  Reps also depend on length of your arms, short arms guys kill this drill.

He's also kind of slow. I really do like him, I think he's the perfect college linebacker but reminds me of David Harris. I don't know if I'd take Harris in the first round. JMO. 

Archived