Empire State Mafia: Game Thread

Jetsfan80

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, CTM said:

you're a nice guy 

I feel like this is an 80-level insult and it hurts me greatly :rl:

In all seriousness, I've seen him do the fake case at night time (as cop) more than once.  He's twice over the years pushed me as scum only to flip and go elsewhere as soon as day broke.  I generally expect a select few to come through and make a good decision even after a comedy of errors -- the two of you are at the top of that list.  I'm also a Jets fan and as such, expect the worst at all times.  So...I expected everything to come crashing down somehow lol

22 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I know. There's no correct answer to it, tough call. But I think I would have come clean to give town the info yesterday. You were deducting it all by yourself. At least you could have banked on Leelou to talk through...and that would have at least confirmed Spoot who alreAdy had two roles...

Hindsight being 20/20, yeah, you're right. I don't know that anyone was ever going to believe those three though, becuase of how badly they bumbled facts around.

11 minutes ago, CTM said:

honestly this goes to wire if town lost its fixation with Mason's 

the game turned on the lily lynch.. if Brett or spoot go down that day I think it turns out much different 

I felt like the setup was slightly skewed in favor of town, actually. But I'm no balance expert. So once Clov gave his tidbits... we just rolled with it and hoped for the best. 

15 minutes ago, AVM said:

You do mean that half address/half not address you thing right?  Not the shot calling :rl:

Of course. I as just trying something new... it was how you reacted that made me feel like I got lucky.

Also to Nyn's point...these heavily roled, complex games are really tough to balance and I agree this one did a great job.  Hats off to 80, Nyn and Clov...the design of the mason teams with the PR within, two split scum teams that got alternating kills...all fantastic.

Well done

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Hindsight being 20/20, yeah, you're right. I don't know that anyone was ever going to believe those three though, becuase of how badly they bumbled facts around.

True story, during their whole blundering train wreck reveal, before the "scum teams merger" before we/I even knew there was a merger to happen... I was convinced they were the other scum team.

Just now, AVM said:

Also to Nyn's point...these heavily roled, complex games are really tough to balance and I agree this one did a great job.  Hats off to 80, Nyn and Clov...the design of the mason teams with the PR within, two split scum teams that got alternating kills...all fantastic.

Well done

Also your character's name was Rex.

8 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I wonder what would have happened if our Nk didn't go through and Ape revealed wth both us town. And we both had decent FRs. But with so many others confirmed too....and them knowing GF...would have been interesting with us being two for one death. We would of had to put on Oscar worthy performances.

80 and I thought it was funny that Ape peeked Halli on the night she died. We figured if he comes clean about being the cop, the peek on Halli would be very convenient. And it felt like the longer he waited to claim, the less credible the claim might seem.... ie come across like once he figured there's prolly no cop in the picture (which I thought was a reasonable assumption, with the existence of so many masons), he fake claims it.

Honestly? I was fairly surprised that the mason team didn't actively push Ape as a lynch. I was sort of expecting it.

12 minutes ago, AVM said:

I honestly thought 3/4ths of what you were saying during the long nights (in regards to the 3 man mason team being scum) was pure bullsh*t.  Kept expecting day to break and you come hard after me or CTM.  And every post you made that said "great point by CTM" made me cringe and wait for the gotcha post I was sure you had coming to flip things around and get him lynched.

To his credit, he was making a ton of agreeable posts - so it was easy to ride along with them. That said, out of the thread I was doing everything I could to find an angle to use to go after him, and you. At one point, I told 80/Nyn that I was going to pull a Darthe-like move and lie, and say I had a guilty viewing on CTM. I should have.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Of course. I as just trying something new... it was how you reacted that made me feel like I got lucky.

Appreciate the effort to disguise a D1 meta, btw.  Rough game overall but that was pretty impressive.  Being a lot lower content (especially on D1) and having tried to do so recently I know it's tough enough for me, so I was surprised you stuck with it for the most part.  Through D1, at least :P

And watching you force yourself to hold back while knowing you were foaming at the mouth was...just so fun lmao

I wonder what would have happened if our Nk didn't go through and Ape revealed wth both us town. And we both had decent FRs. But with so many others confirmed too....and them knowing GF...would have been interesting with us being two for one death. We would of had to put on Oscar worthy performances.

80 and I thought it was funny that Ape peeked Halli on the night she died. We figured if he comes clean about being the cop, the peek on Halli would be very convenient. And it felt like the longer he waited to claim, the less credible the claim might seem.... ie come across like once he figured there's prolly no cop in the picture (which I thought was a reasonable assumption, with the existence of so many masons), he fake claims it.

Honestly? I was fairly surprised that the mason team didn't actively push Ape as a lynch. I was sort of expecting it.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

To his credit, he was making a ton of agreeable posts - so it was easy to ride along with them. That said, out of the thread I was doing everything I could to find an angle to use to go after him, and you. At one point, I told 80/Nyn that I was going to pull a Darthe-like move and lie, and say I had a guilty viewing on CTM. I should have.

I was silently reeeeealllly hoping you'd go that route too.

I was also hoping Spoot would target himself with a watch when you investigated him.  lol.

CHAOS.

5 minutes ago, AVM said:

In all seriousness, I've seen him do the fake case at night time (as cop) more than once.  He's twice over the years pushed me as scum only to flip and go elsewhere as soon as day broke.  I generally expect a select few to come through and make a good decision even after a comedy of errors -- the two of you are at the top of that list.  I'm also a Jets fan and as such, expect the worst at all times.  So...I expected everything to come crashing down somehow lol

Not an insult at all, i think you are being nice to ape 

6 minutes ago, AVM said:

The people I said I wanted to lynch next in that final night phase: Hess, Spoot and Calder. I had a town viewing on 2 of them. Meanwhile, I figured Calder might be town since CTM was setting up his lynch already. 

Of course I was trying to avoid NK. Cop doesn't ignore multiple town readings.

7 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

I felt like the setup was slightly skewed in favor of town, actually. But I'm no balance expert. So once Clov gave his tidbits... we just rolled with it and hoped for the best. 

It probably was, but the masons were so hard to believe lynching 1 and burning a day was always going to happen. Unless a cop peeked them

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I was also hoping Spoot would target himself with a watch when you investigated him.  lol.

CHAOS.

he would've went down almost certainly

besides, he was eating out of my hand, the little fuzzball

Just now, CTM said:

It probably was, but the masons were so hard to believe lynching 1 and burning a day was always going to happen. Unless a cop peeked them

What sucks though, is that I'd have had to burn up a minimum of 2 viewings just to feel "semi" comfortable with the mason groups. That's why I ended up being okay with the JIF lynch ultimately. When he flipped town, with a town on Spoot, that's when I turned all attention to you and AVM, but by then the game was over... which I never saw coming. 

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Oh I'm sure...and I knew that's why you wanted me to talk, but I was hoping to push JiF or Crush over the edge.

Early in the game I was convinced you were cop..basically after we tried to grab you N1 and you weren't scum.  The longer things went on I truly started believing maybe there was no cop and Nyn brings up a good point that it put you in a bad light.  

I remember the Crazy Cops game years ago now, where I was one of the two legit sane cops.  Hit GF N1 then town two more nights and eventually just thought I was another naive cop...it's incredibly frustrating.  So I feel you...but not much you can do unless you want to risk it all for a win.  Did Darthe do that incorrectly?  I know JVoR hit Pac once like that and Pac flipped out about it...good times.

5 minutes ago, Leelou said:

I'm happy I blocked one NK. lol 

CTM or Brett (I don't remember which of you said it in your qt), you were wrong though, I was debating protecting Crusher last night. 

that was very good, and we were afraid you'd do it again.

you were town MVP for sure

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

What sucks though, is that I'd have had to burn up a minimum of 2 viewings just to feel "semi" comfortable with the mason groups. That's why I ended up being okay with the JIF lynch ultimately. When he flipped town, with a town on Spoot, that's when I turned all attention to you and AVM, but by then the game was over... which I never saw coming. 

fwiw, i'd have ignored the mixed mason thing until we started lynching / peeking into unknowns. Just unlikely.  I did want jif lynched cause you had a hard on for spoot and crusher though :)

1 minute ago, CTM said:

fwiw, i'd have ignored the mixed mason thing until we started lynching / peeking into unknowns. Just unlikely.  I did want jif lynched cause you had a hard on for spoot and crusher though :)

I just can't believe that I'm the only one that cried foul when you said Crusher was a bomb that will kill multiple townies. At that point, I thought "he's wagging it in our faces". 

6 minutes ago, CTM said:

Not an insult at all, i think you are being nice to ape 

Haha I know, just taking an easy jab at 80.

I give him the benefit of the doubt more often than not...regardless of whether someone else would say it's deserving :rl:

I guess I just felt our situation was too good to be true at times, you know?

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

The people I said I wanted to lynch next in that final night phase: Hess, Spoot and Calder. I had a town viewing on 2 of them. Meanwhile, I figured Calder might be town since CTM was setting up his lynch already. 

Of course I was trying to avoid NK. Cop doesn't ignore multiple town readings.

Not disagreeing with that in particular at all, I think that's the way to go.

1 minute ago, CTM said:

Absolutely -- played great Leroy!

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

I wanted JiF lynched just so in the one game he was FINALLY right about me being scum I could point and laugh :rl:

Not that he cares, relaxing away in El Salvador right now lol

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

CHAOS.

I wanted to, I really did. 

You know what stopped me? I thought about how I've chastised people in the past for irresponsible town play like that. That's really the only reason I didn't do it... because, for a minute I was also thinking about how JVOR did something like that years back too, and saying "well, he was a respectable player, and he did it". LOL

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I just can't believe that I'm the only one that cried foul when you said Crusher was a bomb that will kill multiple townies. At that point, I thought "he's wagging it in our faces". 

I had no good reason to do that with me scum and him town though.. I honestly would've thought that as town, and I think when I first mentioned it, it was when I was still thinking it was possible that mason team was scum cause we knew there was a second team out there. We were 2 and then grew to 3 just like they did

6 minutes ago, CTM said:

No question. The blocked shot was incredible. I'd make Lily the runner up. I sincerely thought Lily was playing a great game... but when she unvoted Brett, I just couldn't understand why she'd unvote someone she was counter-claiming. Other than that, she played very well.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I wanted to, I really did. 

You know what stopped me? I thought about how I've chastised people in the past for irresponsible town play like that. That's really the only reason I didn't do it... because, for a minute I was also thinking about how JVOR did something like that years back too, and saying "well, he was a respectable player, and he did it". LOL

I think it's prolly for the best that you didn't. And I'm saying that with a retrospect take of my fake peek in mind >.>

I think you would have been better off being a VT this game. The peeks were basically screwing up your perception. 

Just now, Nynaeve said:

I think it's prolly for the best that you didn't. And I'm saying that with a retrospect take of my fake peek in mind >.>

I think you would have been better off being a VT this game. The peeks were basically screwing up your perception. 

Agreed. This was part of the "madness" in my PM thread ... every time I had the game "figured out", I'd submit a view, get a town back and be back at the drawing board.

Archived