Empire State Mafia: Game Thread

Jetsfan80

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Agreed. This was part of the "madness" in my PM thread ... every time I had the game "figured out", I'd submit a view, get a town back and be back at the drawing board.

Ok, serious talk..only hess view had that kind of impact on the game, you still wanted to lynch spoot post his peek so you obviously thought GF, had you switched that, and logged spoot as town and hess as likely GF, different game.

Seems to me that spoot/crusher/jiff fumbling over just about every bit of their role had a bigger impact on your game then anything. And yes, scum capitalized on it

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, CTM said:

Ok, serious talk..only hess view had that kind of impact on the game, you still wanted to lynch spoot post his peek so you obviously thought GF, had you switched that, and logged spoot as town and hess as likely GF, different game.

Seems to me that spoot/crusher/jiff fumbling over just about every bit of their role had a bigger impact on your game then anything. And yes, scum capitalized on it

After I viewed Spoot, I came into that day phase and voted you, then I moved to Crusher and eventually JIF. I talked about voting Spoot, but I realistically would have never endorsed it. Yes, I had it in mind that he could be the GF, but the path to resolving that was to lynch Crusher or JIF, not Spoot. So, no, I didn't still want to lynch him. I used my town views as ways to make it look like I was chasing townies. The same thing you do as cop, you view me, get town, and then tunnel on me to stay alive. I did similar here, without tunneling on one person.

When I got town on you, then I realized "sh*t. i probably did view a GF, but it's either Hess or CTM". It actually brought Hess back into play for me, which made it confusing.

All that being said, I competely agree... the Spoot/Crusher/JIF bumbling had the biggest impact on the town here, not just my game, but everyone in the town's... because, as you said, scum cashed in on it.

Lesson I learned? Don't be a slave to your power role.

I'm almost always vanilla, I've learned how to scum hunt as a vanilla. My role had me denying my instincts a TON this game. In the future, I'll adjust accordingly. Though, I may not be cop again for like 2 years. It seems to be a role I get once in a blue moon.

22 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

D4 Vote Count

Spoot (5) - decker, AVM, Ape, Calder, Hess

Calder (2) - JiF, Spoot

CTM (1) - Crusher

Not Voting (2) - Leelou, CTM

With 10 alive, it takes 6 dumbasses to lynch.

@Integrity28.. this is spoot at L-1 with you voting him post peek.

I got some sh*t from scum team for not hammering here which is why i remember it

4 minutes ago, AVM said:

Ape -- why Hess instead of me N1?

*edit* -- nevermind...Pac/Hallia was N1.  Hess was N2.

Crusher/JIF/Spoot showed their asses... I truly thought they were a melt down scum team for a minute, and in that minute, I chose to SK hunt. Hess was my first choice for that.

I tend to subscribe to the philosophy of viewing the people who are inactive or hard to read, and interrogating those that you feel confident in being able to read. I know I can read you. Hess, not so much.

By N4 I was viewing CTM so that I could use him as the center of re-assessing the whole game. I was positive he was scum, but confidence was rattled. Then he came back town. LOL

1 minute ago, CTM said:

@Integrity28.. this is spoot at L-1 with you voting him post peek.

I got some sh*t from scum team for not hammering here which is why i remember it

I honestly don't think I realized he was at L1. My vote is 3rd. I unvoted him a few posts later.

5 minutes ago, CTM said:

haha poor spoot, was in so far over his head and just getting bludgeoned by half the game evertime he stepped on his own dick

I guess his emo was real too. I'm glad he rallied back, he's a good ******* player.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

I guess his emo was real too. I'm glad he rallied back, he's a good ******* player.

yeah he struggled with the first time PR.. not odd really especially with me and you riding him 

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

SOME sh*t?  They were rooting for a town win at that point so they could blame everything on you.  lol.

lol.. I did tell them I would get jif lynched though 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You will also notice scum did not have a tracker.

Which brings me to the "Moment of the Game":  When Brett decided to claim, blindly, that Spoot had visited Leelou.

Which actually did happen.  Blind squirrel moment that had a big impact on the game.  Lily, not Brett, became the D2 lynch as a result. 

So that WAS A LUCKY ******* GUESS!??

HOLY sh*t!

@StraightCash What the Hell went through your mind when it came to light that you guessed right?

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

QT's:

Dead Thread:    http://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/PU8Bqz52d7iCY

Mason QT 1:  NYC Team:   http://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/L3x3un68n7PZ5

Mason QT 2:  Empire State Team:  http://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/C2Kph8M7xFC3e

Scum QT 1:  Chairman Team:  http://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/iHV4QeW8FXmb

Scum QT 2:  Pastor of Lost Souls Team:  http://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/nhyUKt74yxf

Scum Team Merger QT:  http://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/NW7UcVEM586N

I'm reading this now... so, CTM got to look for Hess, and Hess got to look for CTM every night? So there were 2 opportunities every night for these teams to merge?

That seems excessive. 

3 minutes ago, CTM said:

lol.. I did tell them I would get jif lynched though 

I know, you redeemed yourself.  But these were some of my favorite posts in the QT:

Hess:  CTM is the ****kng worst

Hess:  I want to vote CTM

Hess:  I'm making CTM ruins everything t-shirts for everybody on this team

Brett:  I hope we lose

Hess:  Me too.

Hess:  Go Town!

Hess:  What exactly would you like me to do since I'm the only one playing?

Brett:  Commit suicide and give CTM a big GFY

Hess:  I can take the moral victory and just hate CTM forever at this point

Also, I guessed 2 scum teams... but then the lack of clarity around what thematic sh*t was clue, and what was flavor really threw me off. I like it better when mods make it more clear what to take as clues, about setup, activity or whatever. Parallel universes is a clue about setup, no?

Anyway... 

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I know, you redeemed yourself.  But these were some of my favorite posts in the QT:

Hess:  CTM is the ****kng worst

Hess:  I want to vote CTM

Hess:  I'm making CTM ruins everything t-shirts for everybody on this team

Brett:  I hope we lose

Hess:  Me too.

Hess:  Go Town!

Hess:  What exactly would you like me to do since I'm the only one playing?

Brett:  Commit suicide and give CTM a big GFY

Hess:  I can take the moral victory and just hate CTM forever at this point

hammering spoot  there would've made the game reliant on the nk. getting jif lynched made me viable later into the game imo

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Also, I guessed 2 scum teams... but then the lack of clarity around what thematic sh*t was clue, and what was flavor really threw me off. I like it better when mods make it more clear what to take as clues, about setup, activity or whatever. Parallel universes is a clue about setup, no?

Anyway... 

Wasn't sure how to provide clues without making it even more confusing.  There WERE 2 separate worlds, but the worlds didn't impact alignment.  There were scum and town in both NYC and the Empire State. 

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Ball busting aside... let me just tell you how frustrating it is to see the game clearly, like when you just "know" who the scum is from a post or two - I had this with several people, including AVM, Hess, Brett, and even you early (which I stupidly talked myself out of), and then your COP role gives you back results that don't match up. I got to a point where I'm running the math and realizing I must have view the GF, then running scenarios on which of the 3 of you, spoot or hess is GF... lol, there was just nothing even my imagination could do to resolve the gap between my reads and my results.

lol

"My gut reads say this."

"But my role power says this."

"I'm so smart, that my role power must be lying."

:D

<3 you.

6 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

So that WAS A LUCKY ******* GUESS!??

HOLY sh*t!

@StraightCash What the Hell went through your mind when it came to light that you guessed right?

Well, if I was going to claim tracker... You were my best target because I came out of the day voting you. I could have claimed I followed you to Hallia, but that wouldn't have moved the pressure to you because it's not like anyone's going to lynch you for shooting scum.

The only person I could say I followed you to was Leelou, because that would account for no town kill and make you look dirty. Really, I knew that the reason there was no town NK was because scum team 1 shot scum team 2.

So thanks Leelou for claiming at L6

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Wasn't sure how to provide clues without making it even more confusing.  There WERE 2 separate worlds, but the worlds didn't impact alignment.  There were scum and town in both NYC and the Empire State. 

you did fine, game was even slanted towards town a bit. ignore gaype being a sore loser 

3 minutes ago, CTM said:

you did fine, game was even slanted towards town a bit. ignore gaype being a sore loser 

lol, I'm not being sore... I know he struggled with how to weave the source into the scenes, and what constituted hint and not... I'm just giving him feedback on it. Even if he confirmed two scum teams, I would have never expected two GFs. He could have told me exactly who scum was in the scenes, but the confluence of events in this game would have still had me second-guessing it.

11 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I'm reading this now... so, CTM got to look for Hess, and Hess got to look for CTM every night? So there were 2 opportunities every night for these teams to merge?

That seems excessive. 

Either team had to find their third teammate as well. That was a bit less of a struggle because the third teammate KNEW who their team was, so they were able to signal them. That's why 80 and I were bummed out about Pac being inactive. Then the GF finding each other was pure dumb luck because they didn't know the scum teams could merge. Both teams guessed there was another team out there due to numbers AND the even/uneven NKs.... but for all intent and purposes they were playing against each other up until they were able to merge. 

Giving scum just one guess a night would have never ended with a merge. It had to be a guess every phase.

Hess guessed CTM out of sheer dumb luck, really. Both teams assumed they were looking for another player sympathetic to their cause. They had no idea this was leading to a merge. So I guess Hess felt like CTM was signaling him. He thought Ape was too.  lol

1 minute ago, Nynaeve said:

Hess guessed CTM out of sheer dumb luck, really. Both teams assumed they were looking for another player sympathetic to their cause. They had no idea this was leading to a merge. So I guess Hess felt like CTM was signaling him. He thought Ape was too.  lol

if Brett had died I'd have stopped submitting those for fear of being tracked / watched 

Pretty much I WANTED the 2 scum teams to have ample opportunities to find each other (even though they didn't KNOW they were even looking), but to delay that process.

Starting the game with 6 scum would have leaned heavily in scum's favor.  Starting with 2 separate teams of 2, each with a symp to find, helped give town a really good chance to win. 

Archived