Empire State Mafia: Game Thread

Jetsfan80

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Nynaeve said:

Anytime, sweets. If you mod again give me a call.... but full disclosure, I might be giving you a fake number. You just keep calling, though. ;)

I won't subject you to that again for a verrrrry long time.  lol.  I'm only allowed to mod like one game every 3 years as it is.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Dude, the minute I reveal Spoot's alignment, one of you was going to push the "one of them is a spy" angle. I don't think I'd ever reveal as cop with 2 innocents and nothing else. I get what you're saying, but don't agree that I could have vetted anyone really. I think way, way too many theories were floating around.

I know. There's no correct answer to it, tough call. But I think I would have come clean to give town the info yesterday. You were deducting it all by yourself. At least you could have banked on Leelou to talk through...and that would have at least confirmed Spoot who alreAdy had two roles...

3 minutes ago, Calder said:

To give credit, i really thought the 3 man mason had it rough. If I was in that group I would have been spamming that QT trying to find a mole.

Nope, they were mod confirmed...why no townie was believing it I don't know.

thats why Ape should have spilled the beans. Confirmation by deduction. 

And wed have been screwed

5 minutes ago, CTM said:

I couldn't believe someone shot her after having to reread.. I was like what kind of dickhead does that lol

It just sucked cause she actually read through the game. Luckily she's the sweetest person on the face of the earth and is incapable of being mad at me. At least, it hasn't happened so far. And I've been like... really trying.  LOL

So 80 and I were gossiping a lot throughout the game. And I remember when Brett was contemplating saying he tracked Spoot to Lee we were like..... oh no, that's a terrible idea. Because he had different ideas.... like claiming mason with Halli and so on.... and we were like.... no, don't FC A TRACKER!!! But after he did we were like...... Oh wait a second... that... that actually fits, doesn't it?    HOLY ****.... . LOL

1 minute ago, Nynaeve said:

So 80 and I were gossiping a lot throughout the game. And I remember when Brett was contemplating saying he tracked Spoot to Lee we were like..... oh no, that's a terrible idea. Because he had different ideas.... like claiming mason with Halli and so on.... and we were like.... no, don't FC A TRACKER!!! But after he did we were like...... Oh wait a second... that... that actually fits, doesn't it?    HOLY ****.... . LOL

Moment of the game for sure.

Followed only by the merger of the scum teams, when Hess was forced to share a body with the grotesque CTM.

Lot's of fun to mod (excluding just a few moments of frustration).

36 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Apparently I was 3/4 on peeking scum. I was right that there were 2 scum teams. Right on D1 with my read on AVM. Right again on D2 with my read on Brett, Crusher and Hess. Right today with my read on you... just every used of my role fed me data that conflicted with my gut.

LOL, not much I can do... my scum hunting was actually better than the cop role.

You do mean that half address/half not address you thing right?  Not the shot calling :rl:

Just now, Nynaeve said:

Also throwing in a special thanks to Clovdyx for reviewing the setup for balance purposes. 

honestly this goes to wire if town lost its fixation with Mason's 

the game turned on the lily lynch.. if Brett or spoot go down that day I think it turns out much different 

16 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Ball busting aside... let me just tell you how frustrating it is to see the game clearly, like when you just "know" who the scum is from a post or two - I had this with several people, including AVM, Hess, Brett, and even you early (which I stupidly talked myself out of), and then your COP role gives you back results that don't match up. I got to a point where I'm running the math and realizing I must have view the GF, then running scenarios on which of the 3 of you, spoot or hess is GF... lol, there was just nothing even my imagination could do to resolve the gap between my reads and my results.

I honestly thought 3/4ths of what you were saying during the long nights (in regards to the 3 man mason team being scum) was pure bullsh*t.  Kept expecting day to break and you come hard after me or CTM.  And every post you made that said "great point by CTM" made me cringe and wait for the gotcha post I was sure you had coming to flip things around and get him lynched.

2 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

80 was of course a gentleman and remained within the friend zone at all times.

2 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

******* loser

:rl: 

Just now, HessStation said:

Yeah game could have gone either way a lot of different ways. For a game this complicated I think solid job on balance. 

Town got 5 masons. To top that they got a cop, a doc, a tracker and a watcher. Also the opportunity to off both GFs by killing one of them.

Scum on the other hand, while they had numbers (ie a total of 6), they were dispersed and had to find each other. Ended up shooting each other  And even the NKs were split between the teams, ie even and uneven nights... so they didn't even have the added advantage of both teams having a NK EVERY night. No roled scum, aside from two GFs. And a couple more tweaks here and there we added for balance purposes.

I think this was anyone's game, really.

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

honestly this goes to wire if town lost its fixation with Mason's 

the game turned on the lily lynch.. if Brett or spoot go down that day I think it turns out much different 

I wonder what would have happened if our Nk didn't go through and Ape revealed wth both us town. And we both had decent FRs. But with so many others confirmed too....and them knowing GF...would have been interesting with us being two for one death. We would of had to put on Oscar worthy performances.

5 minutes ago, AVM said:

I honestly thought 3/4ths of what you were saying during the long nights (in regards to the 3 man mason team being scum) was pure bullsh*t.  Kept expecting day to break and you come hard after me or CTM.  And every post you made that said "great point by CTM" made me cringe and wait for the gotcha post I was sure you had coming to flip things around and get him lynched.

:rl: 

you're a nice guy 

6 minutes ago, Calder said:

Clov had his hands in this? I assume you kept me in the dark to keep my fury at bay?

I don't tell you everything, Calder :P

He only offered some tweaks. This is like 99% all 80. With a couple of adjustments here and there.

3 minutes ago, CTM said:

no ape.. what should be clear to anyone is how your massive ego can't handle doing something poorly (and ftr I'm not even saying you played all that poorly)

crusher loses and says sorry he played bad and  then makes a self effacing joke. that is what non insecurity looks like 

you respond to loss by remarking how you really did basically an amazing job and we're just busted by wonky setup (2 gf's)  and  poor luck (pac shot). you do this every game and it's amusing to me, but now you seem to be getting butt hurt so I'll let it go 

Oh, okay.

Nothing about your tone and behavior suggests that I trigger whatever character flaw it is that has haunted you most of your life. Nothing at all.

3 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I wonder what would have happened if our Nk didn't go through and Ape revealed wth both us town. And we both had decent FRs. But with so many others confirmed too....and them knowing GF...would have been interesting with us being two for one death. We would of had to put on Oscar worthy performances.

I wasnt worried at all cause we had numbers s d we had just managed to get twink lynched despite spoot and Calder both getting to l-1 earlier in day 

That was really incredibly fun -- glad I was able to be here through the end of it.  While the old chaos schtick was just that, a schtick, a do genuinely enjoy these games that drive you insane, and this game was absolutely nuts.

While it's been a long damn time since I was genuinely heavily active in these games, I did want this one to be an exception with it being my last one for a while...just didn't turn out that way.  Hope no one viewed me bringing up the upcoming events as outside the spirit of the game but I felt like I was in a rough spot and wasn't sure game would end this quickly.  It's nice to finally feel secure enough at work that I can follow along in between meetings and such like this, maybe by next season I can stop being a poke and joke waste of space :rl:

Felt like I did a little better when out in the open than usual but the long absences made me look really awful...just not much I can do.  It fits my meta as scum (as does responding when my name comes up...which just happened to be terrible timing last night haha).  Felt like Leelou had a really good game, saw things pretty clearly.  The chaos on D2 helped us hide and let town eat their own while Hess and CTM in particular played the pied piper roles amazingly.  Was a wonder to watch, though knowing Ape investigated Hess early on clears things up a bit.

Fantastic game...had just about everything one could ask for.  Thanks 80 and Nyn!

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Oh, okay.

Nothing about your tone and behavior suggests that I trigger whatever character flaw it is that has haunted you most of your life. Nothing at all.

ok, you can have the last word peppy .. carry on

Archived