Empire State Mafia: Game Thread

Jetsfan80

I think if scum would have taken a bit longer to merge, they might have ended up shooting one of the trio mason, thinking they were the other scum team. And things would have turned out very differently. So I think the early merge was pretty pivotal for them.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Nynaeve said:

Either team had to find their third teammate as well. That was a bit less of a struggle because the third teammate KNEW who their team was, so they were able to signal them. That's why 80 and I were bummed out about Pac being inactive. Then the GF finding each other was pure dumb luck because they didn't know the scum teams could merge. Both teams guessed there was another team out there due to numbers AND the even/uneven NKs.... but for all intent and purposes they were playing against each other up until they were able to merge. 

Giving scum just one guess a night would have never ended with a merge. It had to be a guess every phase.

2 guesses per night to merge?

2 guesses per night to add symps?

I guess, to me, them all ending up together within 3 game days was inevitable. So it's got potential for 6 scum in a 15 person game?

Not so sure I agree it was slightly slanted toward town in setup. This seems pretty powerful, just as powerful as it could have been if cop and tracker were able to vet all these masons.

Seems balanced, but with potential for a blowout in either direction. I think the setup was saved and balanced in part by JIF/Crusher/Spoot.

1 hour ago, StraightCash said:

Spoot visited Leelou... God damn miracle 

A big reason why I was so hesitant to acknowledge that was that it took me by surprise. That's why my response was, "Uhh... what?"

Consider this: if I claimed as a Mason partner with JiF and Crusher as soon they did, would you still have singled me out for visiting Leelou? Was it known that I was a Mason at that time?

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

I guess, to me, them all ending up together within 3 game days was inevitable. So it's got potential for 6 scum in a 15 person game?

Not so sure I agree it was slightly slanted toward town in setup. This seems pretty powerful, just as powerful as it could have been if cop and tracker were able to vet all these masons.

Seems balanced, but with potential for a blowout in either direction. I think the setup was saved and balanced in part by JIF/Crusher/Spoot.

sore-loser-300x195.jpg

4 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

Hess guessed CTM out of sheer dumb luck, really. Both teams assumed they were looking for another player sympathetic to their cause. They had no idea this was leading to a merge. So I guess Hess felt like CTM was signaling him. He thought Ape was too.  lol

All part of Ape's plan.

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

A big reason why I was so hesitant to acknowledge that was that it took me by surprise. That's why my response was, "Uhh... what?"

Consider this: if I claimed as a Mason partner with JiF and Crusher as soon they did, would you still have singled me out for visiting Leelou? Was it known that I was a Mason at that time?

No the only reason I picked you was because I voted you out of the gate on D2, so my claim was supported by my earlier posts

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

it was a guess during day time and a guess during night time.

I agree that finding the third member was "easier". Hess' team got AVM in his first try. CTM's team got Halli on second try, cause Pac was just not around to hint.

As for the scum teams finding each other.... that was more of a random factor. I agree that they would have found one another EVENTUALLY (which is sort of the point) but question was how many of the other team they'd end up taking out till they got there... via NKs or lynches.

2 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

it was a guess during day time and a guess during night time.

I agree that finding the third member was "easier". Hess' team got AVM in his first try. CTM's team got Halli on second try, cause Pac was just not around to hint.

As for the scum teams finding each other.... that was more of a random factor. I agree that they would have found one another EVENTUALLY (which is sort of the point) but question was how many of the other team they'd end up taking out till they got there... via NKs or lynches.

That's why I said the game seemed balance, but also had potential for blowouts. :)

Yeah i don't think I've ever seen a game with so much setup speculation based play  xD   It's totally a factor but it was so dominant this game.

I think it was Crusher who pointed this out in midst re-read.... that it was Brett who brought up the whole masons not necessarily all being town. And then Lee sort of helped there with her linking to that old 80's game.

I was in physical pain  xD

42 minutes ago, CTM said:

haha poor spoot, was in so far over his head and just getting bludgeoned by half the game evertime he stepped on his own dick

I know, right? I was first caught off guard by Crusher's PR reveal for me. I didn't really know what to do after that.

41 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I guess his emo was real too. I'm glad he rallied back, he's a good ******* player.

:)

Yes, the emo was real. Influence by both game content and real life stuff. Thanks for the compliment, Ape. I think I need to trust my instincts more.

And I really need to start taking notes again as the game goes along. That' what I did my first game, but I was way wrong, so I never did it again. I have a problem with remembering sh*t, though.

41 minutes ago, CTM said:

yeah he struggled with the first time PR.. not odd really especially with me and you riding him 

Oh, yeah. There was so much pressure on me I didn't know what to do most of the time.

My first time as scum will most certainly be interesting.

25 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Pretty much I WANTED the 2 scum teams to have ample opportunities to find each other (even though they didn't KNOW they were even looking), but to delay that process.

Starting the game with 6 scum would have leaned heavily in scum's favor.  Starting with 2 separate teams of 2, each with a symp to find, helped give town a really good chance to win. 

And five Mason's with the ability to clear each other as Town from the get-go was a huge advantage. Too bad that didn't work out.

22 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

No the only reason I picked you was because I voted you out of the gate on D2, so my claim was supported by my earlier posts

If only we would've picked a better watch target than Leelou. We coulda had you nailed right then and there.

Maybe.

7 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Oh, yeah. There was so much pressure on me I didn't know what to do most of the time.

My first time as scum will most certainly be interesting.

you are going to fold like a cheap suit your first time :)

3 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

And five Mason's with the ability to clear each other as Town from the get-go was a huge advantage. Too bad that didn't work out.

MONSTEROUS, not to mention the PR results live on past the death

Watcher is probably more powerful then a cop or doc too

3 minutes ago, CTM said:

MONSTEROUS, not to mention the PR results live on past the death

Watcher is probably more powerful then a cop or doc too

I thought it'd be soooo awesome if I watched myself and was killed. I would've taken someone down with me.

1 minute ago, Leelou said:

lol glad you aren't quitting mafia. 

:)

My only hindrance is time. I have more of a social life these days and I don't have a smart phone, so I can't participate if I'm not at home. I also need to not let my frustrations get the better of me.

1 minute ago, Leelou said:

Would Harry Potter mafia be fine? Or should I think up some other ideas? 

I'm not a fan, but I really don't give a sh*t. As long as it isn't Twilight.

I used to read Harry Potter, so I'd say there is a lot of content and potential for some creative roles and setups.

Just now, StraightCash said:

A theme where every role is a different selfie would be great

I was working out this theme with wombat once that was everyone was a different type of social media and had a post restriction, but that's too ambitious for me to deal with right now. 

2 minutes ago, Leelou said:

Would Harry Potter mafia be fine? Or should I think up some other ideas? 

Dibs on Hufflepuff. 

I will request to be placed in the house. Then find myself perfectly positioned to rule over the weaklings from within.

18 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I'm wondering if you even read my whole post... like all the way to the part where I said it seems balanced?

Let me tell you 80 is a total lightweight, the balance is this game was a complete catastrophe, a total failure.  When Ape becomes the mod it will be fantastic, i mean really fantastic. The greatest setup you've ever seen. I mean, look at these paws, do they look small to you. There's no problem, I can assure you of that

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

Let me tell you 80 is a total lightweight, the balance is this game was a complete catastrophe, a total failure.  When Ape becomes the mod it will be fantastic, i mean really fantastic. The greatest setup you've ever seen. I mean, look at these paws, do they look small to you. There's no problem, I can assure you of that

Ape is going to build a wall between the Mafia board and the lounge, and Max is going to pay for it.

2 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

Ape is going to build a wall between the Mafia board and the lounge, and Max is going to pay for it.

When the lounge sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems to us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people

Archived