Empire State Mafia: Game Thread

Jetsfan80

4 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

I have a funeral to go to this week, so I won't be able to get into the game until perhaps Friday. I'll try to get caught up by Sunday.

Sorry for your loss, Spoot.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Guys, stop quoting the photo of the big ol' booty.

In fairness, I didnt know that visceral that followed the picture.  The Matrix is just one of my favorite movies and one of the best mafia games ever!

FLAVOR SCENE

As Jerry wiped a glass clean, he looked around the bar, eying the various low-lifes in his establishment.

"Hey Kane, have you heard anything about the whereabouts of this girl?"  Rad said as he showed his friend, Kane Fortuna, a photograph.

"Actually, I've been asking around about her.  I think I know someone who might have a clue about it."

Rad sipped his drink.  "Another one, Jerry?"

"You don't have enough credits."  Said Jerry.  "You still owe me from last time.  You'll have to pay it off by Friday."

"I've got this one, Rad."  Said Kane. 

Rad nodded in thanks.  He'd known Kane Fortuna for years.  Kane was a journalist for the city newspaper, and knew a lot of the ins and outs of the city.  

They finished their drinks and thanked Jerry.  He grunted as they left the bar.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So who is this guy, Kane?"

"He goes by Carson.  Captain Carson.  I've known him for years.  He has some interesting theories.  Might be able to help you on this case."

They knocked on Captain Carson's door.  Guy had a huge place, something of a mansion.  The rent had to be staggering.  Rad shook his head in disbelief. 

Carson answered.  "Gentlemen!  Come in!"  He clapped Kane's back like an old friend.  A gigantic man stood waiting near the door.  "Byron, please take their coats my good man."  Byron nodded and did as he was told.

Kane introduced Rad, and Carson offered the men drinks.  As they sipped, Rad got right to the point.  "Can you tell me anything about this girl?"  He showed Carson the photograph.

"Why yes.  And much more."  Carson replied, sipping on his drink.  "Tell me, Mr. Bradley, how old are you?"

"I'm 42.  Why?"

"I see.  And what year is it?"

Rad blinked.  "Year 19."  What was Carson getting at?

"If it is Year 19, sir, how are you 42 years old?"

Rad had never thought about this before.  "I.....I don't understand."

"Have you ever noticed anything....strange....or out of place.....about all of this?"  He spread is arms wide.  "The Empire State."

"No, not particularly.  I mean there's been some weird events happening lately.  And I've been getting these strange phone calls...." 

"Our world", said Carson, "Isn't the only world there is."

".....What?"

"Our world was....created.  19 years ago.  From this place known as 'The Origin.'  Our world is called a 'Pocket'.  It resides, ah, separately from The Origin, but the two worlds are tethered together."  He said all of this very slowly, letting Rad process it.

"I don't understand."

"You see, there was a moment, 19 years ago, when in a place very much like this, called 'New York City', there was an....explosion...of sorts.  This explosion created the Empire State.  It wasn't always here.  It didn't exist prior to this moment.  In this 'Origin', there is also New York City.  And many, many other places.  Just look at these."

Carson gestured to his wall.  Lining the walls were photographs of strange places.  Weird pyramid-like structures.....a bridge Rad had never seen before.....sand and water that stretched seemingly endlessly. 

Rad felt light-headed.  "What are you talking about?  How can there be anything outside of the Empire State?"

"Ah, that is what we have been attempting to discover for many years.  For nearly two decades Byron and I have been doing our own research.  Here, follow us, and we'll show you more....."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rad's head spun as he walked towards his apartment.  How could there be another world?  And what was all this about there being another "him" in existence?  Carson had explained that those pictures on the walls were not really him, but some other version of Captain Carson.  And that there might be another man who resembles Rad, or Kane, or anyone else in the Empire State.  The missing girl....even she might be from that "other place".......

While he pondered all that he'd learned, two men wearing gas masks appeared out of an alleyway and threw him to the ground.

empire-state-FINAL.jpg

Rad hit the ground hard, and he felt a trickle of blood down his face. 

"Who.....who are you?"  He said, dazed.

"Tell us about nineteen fifty."  One of the masked men said through his mask. 

Official Vote Count

Leelou (2) - Ballin, no psls

decker (1) - JiF

CTM (1) - Leelou

Hess (1) - AVM

Brett (1) - Crusher

Not Voting (9) - Brett, Ape, CTM, Hess, Spoot, decker, Lily, Pac, Verbal

With 15 alive it takes 8 votes to lynch.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

FLAVOR SCENE

As Jerry wiped a glass clean, he looked around the bar, eying the various low-lifes in his establishment.

"Hey Kane, have you heard anything about the whereabouts of this girl?"  Rad said as he showed his friend, Kane Fortuna, a photograph.

"Actually, I've been asking around about her.  I think I know someone who might have a clue about it."

Rad sipped his drink.  "Another one, Jerry?"

"You don't have enough credits."  Said Jerry.  "You still owe me from last time.  You'll have to pay it off by Friday."

"I've got this one, Rad."  Said Kane. 

Rad nodded in thanks.  He'd known Kane Fortuna for years.  Kane was a journalist for the city newspaper, and knew a lot of the ins and outs of the city.  

They finished their drinks and thanked Jerry.  He grunted as they left the bar.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So who is this guy, Kane?"

"He goes by Carson.  Captain Carson.  I've known him for years.  He has some interesting theories.  Might be able to help you on this case."

They knocked on Captain Carson's door.  Guy had a huge place, something of a mansion.  The rent had to be staggering.  Rad shook his head in disbelief. 

Carson answered.  "Gentlemen!  Come in!"  He clapped Kane's back like an old friend.  A gigantic man stood waiting near the door.  "Byron, please take their coats my good man."  Byron nodded and did as he was told.

Kane introduced Rad, and Carson offered the men drinks.  As they sipped, Rad got right to the point.  "Can you tell me anything about this girl?"  He showed Carson the photograph.

"Why yes.  And much more."  Carson replied, sipping on his drink.  "Tell me, Mr. Bradley, how old are you?"

"I'm 42.  Why?"

"I see.  And what year is it?"

Rad blinked.  "Year 19."  What was Carson getting at?

"If it is Year 19, sir, how are you 42 years old?"

Rad had never thought about this before.  "I.....I don't understand."

"Have you ever noticed anything....strange....or out of place.....about all of this?"  He spread is arms wide.  "The Empire State."

"No, not particularly.  I mean there's been some weird events happening lately.  And I've been getting these strange phone calls...." 

"Our world", said Carson, "Isn't the only world there is."

".....What?"

"Our world was....created.  19 years ago.  From this place known as 'The Origin.'  Our world is called a 'Pocket'.  It resides, ah, separately from The Origin, but the two worlds are tethered together."  He said all of this very slowly, letting Rad process it.

"I don't understand."

"You see, there was a moment, 19 years ago, when in a place very much like this, called 'New York City', there was an....explosion...of sorts.  This explosion created the Empire State.  It wasn't always here.  It didn't exist prior to this moment.  In this 'Origin', there is also New York City.  And many, many other places.  Just look at these."

Carson gestured to his wall.  Lining the walls were photographs of strange places.  Weird pyramid-like structures.....a bridge Rad had never seen before.....sand and water that stretched seemingly endlessly. 

Rad felt light-headed.  "What are you talking about?  How can there be anything outside of the Empire State?"

"Ah, that is what we have been attempting to discover for many years.  For nearly two decades Byron and I have been doing our own research.  Here, follow us, and we'll show you more....."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rad's head spun as he walked towards his apartment.  How could there be another world?  And what was all this about there being another "him" in existence?  Carson had explained that those pictures on the walls were not really him, but some other version of Captain Carson.  And that there might be another man who resembles Rad, or Kane, or anyone else in the Empire State.  The missing girl....even she might be from that "other place".......

While he pondered all that he'd learned, two men wearing gas masks appeared out of an alleyway and threw him to the ground.

empire-state-FINAL.jpg

Rad hit the ground hard, and he felt a trickle of blood down his face. 

"Who.....who are you?"  He said, dazed.

"Tell us about nineteen fifty."  One of the masked men said through his mask. 

image-5.jpg

DAMN SON, YOU EXPECT ME TO READ ALL THIS? HELL PUT IT IN SPANISH AND I'LL ASSIGN OL' NACHO TO IT, HE'S GOT PLENTY OF TIME NOW.  TIME GOES BY SLOWER IN HIGHER ALTITUDE THEY SAY, MAKES ME WANT TO VISIT A BUFFET ON TOP OF MOUNT EVEREST.  DAMN I LOVE A GOOD BUFFET.

6 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

I have a funeral to go to this week, so I won't be able to get into the game until perhaps Friday. I'll try to get caught up by Sunday.

Missed this earlier, my condolences man -- take your time, you've got your priorities right where they should be.

18 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Yes. Nyn shows her ample cleavage and thats a loss for you? .OMG, just suck a dick and get it over with already.  HOMO

i mean, really. Jif should take him out and show him the ropes

21 minutes ago, no psls said:

Leelou , send me something for my spank bank .

She doesn't even know you. You might want to start by trolling the guys instead. Leelou is the most dangerous person here. 

Archived