ROUND 4: Film of Leonard Williams

joerb31

I'm backkkkkkk with some film on our prized rookie Leonard Williams. There is a ton of video clips because the kid was just so damn impressive. Let me know what you guys think! 

When he was drafted I had never been so sure of a player than I was with him. He's still a kid! 22 years old wait until his body matures. He's an absolute STUD and impacted so many players. Already a great run stopper just needs to continue to develop his pass rushing. People looked at his stats and dismissed his season but  they don't look at what really matters, his play. As I do with all the players' we draft I watch them play more than any other player. And boy did this guy not disappoint his hype. He impacted so many plays, driving lineman back or opening holes for the linebackers. He would get double teamed quite a bit and take 2 men out of the play just by being there. This guys ceiling is the highest on that line, and with a guy like A Richardson who might be one of the most disruptive players in the league,  that is saying something 

Just now, jett said:

When he was drafted I had never been so sure of a player than I was with him. He's still a kid! 22 years old wait until his body matures. He's an absolute STUD and impacted so many players. Already a great run stopper just needs to continue to develop his pass rushing. People looked at his stats and dismissed his season but  they don't look at what really matters, his play. As I do with all the players' we draft I watch them play more than any other player. And boy did this guy no disappoint his hype. He impacted so many plays, driving lineman back or opening holes for the linebackers. He would get double teamed quite a bit and take 2 men out of the play just by being there. This guys ceiling is the highest on that line, and with a guy like A Richardson who might be one of the most disruptive players in the league,  that is saying something 

Agreed I could have put up another 700 plays that I found myself saying woah.. He was incredible

8 minutes ago, ljr said:

61 on the pats was def holding him in that first clip too ... Big surprise, lol Great stuff Big Cat! Thanks Joe!!

No problem LGR more to come.. Still have Wilk/Powell/Robinson/Catapano/Enunwa/Pryor/harris/Henderson to go... Just need to figure out the order

2 hours ago, SenorGato said:

He's going to be an outright stud if he works hard, flies right, and believes in himself. 

That's the #1 factor.  He has a little success.  Does he work hard, does he push himself?

With his talent, if he works hard, in 4 years he will have a 100 million dollar contract waiting for him, with probably 40+ million guarenteed.  I hope he does, my feeling is he will, and I hope he gets it.

He has shown not one sign of being an ass off the field I wouldn't worry about him... He's like a laid back surfer dude..... He isn't sheldon. He is 21 as well he turns 22 in June 

Thanks Joe. Excellent work here. Leo is brutal. He has quickness and speed. He is also strong and can play both sides of the line. That versatility helps as he can be matched up against less talented players. The Jets play mis match football on both sides of the ball.

19 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Great job once again Joe.

Williams is going to be a good one.

15 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Thanks Joe. Excellent work here. Leo is brutal. He has quickness and speed. He is also strong and can play both sides of the line. That versatility helps as he can be matched up against less talented players. The Jets play mis match football on both sides of the ball.

Thanks guys! I appreciate it! Any preference on who I do next?

9 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Enunwa would be cool.  Show the good with the bad.   Kid had somewhat of a roller coaster season.

Thanks

Of course there will be bad shows! What comes with the film work

42 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

A different look here: let's look at DBrick. He gets a great deal of criticism about his declining play. Thanks

Awesome suggestion.. I can tell you it won't be pretty because I noticed how bad he was during the games..with film on it will really show how quickly he has declined

Im sure ill get plenty of hate here, but I wasnt overly impressed with Williams. With all of the measurables we have now that kind of detect the studs vs everyone else...he's never going to be an Aaron Donald type of player. And drafting him at 6- that's kind of a bummer. I'm sure he'll be a good enough player, just never a stud.

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Im sure ill get plenty of hate here, but I wasnt overly impressed with Williams. With all of the measurables we have now that kind of detect the studs vs everyone else...he's never going to be an Aaron Donald type of player. And drafting him at 6- that's kind of a bummer. I'm sure he'll be a good enough player, just never a stud.

Did you not just watch the plays I put up? How do you see a 21 year old do that and not be excited for his future? 

1 minute ago, joerb31 said:

Did you not just watch the plays I put up? How do you see a 21 year old do that and not be excited for his future? 

I did. He's looks like a nice player but will never be a big sack guy or pure disrupter because he's not that type of athlete. We can find good gifs of everyone in football.

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I did. He's looks like a nice player but will never be a big sack guy or pure disrupter because he's not that type of athlete. We can find good gifs of everyone in football.

I didn't do a YouTube highlight.. I went through his film and saw the good with the bad and let me tell you there wasn't much bad. You don't need to be a freak athlete to be great (Terrell Suggs) and being a great athlete doesn't make you a great football player (Vernon Gholston)

Just now, joerb31 said:

I didn't do a YouTube highlight.. I went through his film and saw the good with the bad and let me tell you there wasn't much bad. You don't need to be a freak athlete to be great (Terrell Suggs) and being a great athlete doesn't make you a great football player (Vernon Gholston)

funny thing about that comparison is Suggs was a better athlete than Gholston was when it came to the important pass rushing measureables.

10 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

funny thing about that comparison is Suggs was a better athlete than Gholston was when it came to the important pass rushing measureables.

Such as a slower 40.. A lesser vert jump or 18 less bench reps? And some short arms?

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

He obviously has a quicker 1st step but that was never Williams forte... that's more like Sheldon's...  compare Sheldon to Donald & I think you'll get a better read.  Williams Will be Great, just a different type of player.

1 minute ago, joerb31 said:
1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Something to this drafting BPA.  Like seriously.  

Sorry had to post that because my screen was frozen but I agree BPA in the first round or two is the best way to go IMO .. Later rounds is when you can reach at a POS of need

19 minutes ago, jetsons said:

He obviously has a quicker 1st step but that was never Williams forte... that's more like Sheldon's...  compare Sheldon to Donald & I think you'll get a better read.  Williams Will be Great, just a different type of player.

100% couldn't agree more.. Plenty of players are freak athletes and are great... There are freak athletes all over the world high school/college/CFL.... But what different players like that and average players is the mind.. Being elite in the NFL is more about your knowledge of the game in my opinion 

On 3/24/2016 at 9:08 PM, joerb31 said:

Awesome suggestion.. I can tell you it won't be pretty because I noticed how bad he was during the games..with film on it will really show how quickly he has declined

Be sure to highlight his attempt to block on Fitz' final INT in Buffalo that ended our season. 

17 hours ago, gEYno said:

I think what excites me the most is when he develops into the best player on our defense, maybe even team, we may be able to trade him for a 1st round pick instead of paying him!

A first? Getting greedy already? Be happy with maybe a 2nd, if some team is stupid enough, and precious, precious savings for Woody...I mean cap space and flexibility for The Future's Future. It's not like these kind of players  are all that valuable, Williams clearly benefitted this year from a weak schedule (-8 sacks?) and playing with Harrison last year. 

12 hours ago, Dcat said:

Be sure to highlight his attempt to block on Fitz' final INT in Buffalo that ended our season. 

Don't worry I won't be kind... He is a bottom 10 LT in the NFL and it's time some fans realize that.. 

On 3/23/2016 at 4:19 PM, SenorGato said:

He's going to be an outright stud if he works hard, flies right, and believes in himself. 

And from what I've seen of him, none of those will be an issue. He will make us forget Mo Wilk. For as good as Mo Wilk is, and he is very good, Williams is special. Thank god we did not go for need last year. 

Archived