Sign-ups! Might be Harry Potter if everyone is cool with it.

Leelou

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, WWWWombat said:

so ashkenazi much chutzpah

כרצונך נורית נסיכה

If I got that wrong, I blame google.

You did get it wrong, but you still did better than the other two jugheads. lol

What you said is actually a bit racist  LOL 

4 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

You did get it wrong, but you still did better than the other two jugheads. lol

What you said is actually a bit racist  LOL 

Yeah, but he just used google. That's lazy.

At least 80 and I were original.

The Hebrew bit is ALMOST correct (making the obvious "as you wish" joke :P). The English part is basically calling me an insolent Ashkenazi... which is basically a Jewish person that usually hail from Polland, Romania and so on. Usually pale skinned. And well, I am a Jewish Ashkenazi... so it does fit :P

Not that anyone cares xD

Oh and what Wombat so cunningly eluded to and you guys might as well know... is that my RL name is essentially Buttercup in Hebrew (ie Nurit) and tends to elicit Princess Bride quotes among the masses lol

4 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

Oh and what Wombat so cunningly eluded to and you guys might as well know... is that my RL name is essentially Buttercup in Hebrew (ie Nurit) and tends to elicit Princess Bride quotes among the masses lol

WIFOM

5 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

The Hebrew bit is ALMOST correct (making the obvious "as you wish" joke :P). The English part is basically calling me an insolent Ashkenazi... which is basically a Jewish person that usually hail from Polland, Romania and so on. Usually pale skinned. And well, I am a Jewish Ashkenazi... so it does fit :P

Not that anyone cares xD

Lol.  I was trying to allude to the fact that Yiddish is a Germanic language rather than Semitic.  I'm Ashkenazi too and I like chutzpah :)

1 hour ago, Nynaeve said:

Archived