Harry Potter Mafia - Game Thread

Leelou

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 7:35 AM, Integrity28 said:

I am town and Jetscode is scum.

Lie detect that, more bang for your buck.^^^

how do you lie detect 2 different statements ? I was tired when I read this and got the wrong impression.

Unvote JC vote Ape

Just now, Smashmouth said:

Good god what ? Are you serious ?

If someone lie detects the statement you made  break down the scenarios for me would you please.

You're asking me to speculate on what the mod would do. I answer, then I'll get hit with "Ape is gaming the mod" because you're all ******* stupid.

If I had purchased a LD, that's the statement I'd check, because you have a chance at getting more bang for your buck. I can't say what Leelou would do. I can say, it's worth a shot. I can also say this is a stupid reason to vote me.

44 minutes ago, CTM said:

hard to get a handle on this game.

DPR's post are concerning me.

JC is way too aggressive and emo, not going to use he can't be that bad defense.. but his train did build quickly (one of the few points DPR made that was sensible)

Crusher i could lynch cause fat

Dan is coasting

Could probably lynch any of these 4

JC is a good scum hunter but he's never been a good defender innocent or not. Ape is playing games and is flailing as usual I think there is a good chance he is scum

On 4/15/2016 at 5:57 AM, The Crusher said:

I got 80 middle of the pack leaning town.  Kills me to do it but I think  JIF for today.  Not sure if it's s disconnect because he was away and didn't really signup but he jumped grom train to train And tried to sell the I will lynch anybody today.  Seems off.  

unvote vote JIF

I didn't much like this vote at the time and it's continued to stay in the back of my mind. I guess I think Crusher should have more solid reasoning to vote his Boopsie. Thanks, Womby, for bringing it back to my attention. 

I also don't like JC's giving up and wanting to be replaced. I could vote either, but for now, I'm voting Crusher.

Vote Crush

JC is a good scum hunter but he's never been a good defender innocent or not. Ape is playing games and is flailing as usual I think there is a good chance he is scum

What do you mean I'm playing games? And no, JC can defend just fine as town - it's when he's lying that he falters, as scum. 

Another clown making generalized accusations, but not backing it up with any substance. What is it with you guys?

2 minutes ago, Lily said:

I didn't much like this vote at the time and it's continued to stay in the back of my mind. I guess I think Crusher should have more solid reasoning to vote his Boopsie. Thanks, Womby, for bringing it back to my attention. 

I also don't like JC's giving up and wanting to be replaced. I could vote either, but for now, I'm voting Crusher.

Vote Crush

This ^^^

Lily = town read. Wombat too. Probably Verb and CTM. The rest of you are playing like chicken sh*ts, and you'll eventually let scum off the hook here and they'll get you to lynch me instead because I'm putting out the most content, which will make it easy for them to make general accusations about 'what Ape is up to', and the right people won't question it.

If you're lynching anyone outside of DPR, Pac, Crusher and Jetscode at this point, then you've all been sleepwalking.

I might as well quit the ******* game too. Wahhhhhhhhhhhh... 

3 hours ago, Hallia said:

I hope JC isn't quitting, it doesn't seem to me that everyone is following Ape.  You dislike what he is saying?  Refute it.  Put up a fight, or something.

He did put up a fight. 

vote JC

6 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

You're asking me to speculate on what the mod would do. I answer, then I'll get hit with "Ape is gaming the mod" because you're all ******* stupid.

If I had purchased a LD, that's the statement I'd check, because you have a chance at getting more bang for your buck. I can't say what Leelou would do. I can say, it's worth a shot. I can also say this is a stupid reason to vote me.

Its a stupid play from your perspective . If it comes up as a lie because you don't know for sure JC is scum then we can easily look at you as scum even if your not. So I'm telling you it was a stupid thing to do and I'm not sure Town ape is so stupid but scum Ape is very impulsive.

Why didn't you just post JC is scum ?

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

This ^^^

Lily = town read. Wombat too. Probably Verb and CTM. The rest of you are playing like chicken sh*ts, and you'll eventually let scum off the hook here and they'll get you to lynch me instead because I'm putting out the most content, which will make it easy for them to make general accusations about 'what Ape is up to', and the right people won't question it.

If you're lynching anyone outside of DPR, Pac, Crusher and Jetscode at this point, then you've all been sleepwalking.

I might as well quit the ******* game too. Wahhhhhhhhhhhh... 

You gots to calm down bruh - every time someone mentions you on thread, you're all like...

ape,chimp,fight,karate,kick,monkey-b2b69ad041309352e2cb29575190a949_h.jpg

11 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I can also say this is a stupid reason to vote me.

Not really ... A few people misunderstood what you were doing as did I but when I went back to re read the question you asked is whats stupid for your own self preservation

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

Its a stupid play from your perspective . If it comes up as a lie because you don't know for sure JC is scum then we can easily look at you as scum even if your not. So I'm telling you it was a stupid thing to do and I'm not sure Town ape is so stupid but scum Ape is very impulsive.

Why didn't you just post JC is scum ?

lol, I'm not impulsive at all as scum. I am at town. You're flip-flopping, and I really don't even want to argue with you overly-emo ass about it. That's reverse of my true meta.

If you want, LD the part that says "JC is scum", or better yet ... ride his as until he posts "I'm town" and then you can check his comment.

I don't give a ****. Generalized accusations, reversing my meta, and captain obvious ******* questions. Smash is back.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

lol, I'm not impulsive at all as scum. I am at town. You're flip-flopping, and I really don't even want to argue with you overly-emo ass about it. That's reverse of my true meta.

If you want, LD the part that says "JC is scum", or better yet ... ride his as until he posts "I'm town" and then you can check his comment.

I don't give a ****. Generalized accusations, reversing my meta, and captain obvious ******* questions. Smash is back.

So you really are scum MVP ?

So you really are scum MVP ?

Smash, don't make me make you leave here crying... again. If you don't want to get insulted, then you should keep the correspondence about the game. Trying to take chip shots at me, is going to make me think you have your big boy pants on... and if I fire back,  you're going to go bonkers again.

Do us all a favor.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

The point I'm trying to make is that the post you made is dumb and I don't think you thought that out before posting. Whether or not that makes you scum remains to be seen. At least I'm trying to see where the hell your coming from

Tell us about how that makes me scum.

The picture makes you look good. 

Your bullsh*t reason for voting JC and trying to rush a train is what makes you scum.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Smash, don't make me make you leave here crying... again. If you don't want to get insulted, then you should keep the correspondence about the game. Trying to take chip shots at me, is going to make me think you have your big boy pants on... and if I fire back,  you're going to go bonkers again.

Do us all a favor.

LOL the only reason I was mad at you had NOTHING to do with game play at all so lets let that rest shall we ? Lets talk more about your dumb ass post trying to implement JC because that was just a stroke of Genius and when others question it you start this typical ass Ape name calling because you wont admit the simple truth it was a dumb play. Im not sure what that makes you but you are really easy to get wound up you silly ass

LOL the only reason I was mad at you had NOTHING to do with game play at all so lets let that rest shall we ? Lets talk more about your dumb ass post trying to implement JC because that was just a stroke of Genius and when others question it you start this typical ass Ape name calling because you wont admit the simple truth it was a dumb play. Im not sure what that makes you but you are really easy to get wound up you silly ass

I'm not wound up at all Smash... I think you read what I write, and project your own ****ed up personality and temperament into it. Then it escalates... but it's always everyone else's fault.

I'm not defending myself to you. 

Liar? Here are your first 3 posts of day 2. 

You spent the rest of the time defending your vote and supporting JVoR.

Call it what you want.

On April 18, 2016 at 8:19 AM, Integrity28 said:

Vote Jetscode

100% scum. I guarantee it.

I am town. I am not mafia or any other non-town party.

On April 18, 2016 at 8:29 AM, Integrity28 said:

This is a volume game.

There are more townies, therefore it's a fair assumption that townies are going to earn more potions than scum in each cycle.

Scum has several potions that can undermine the results of views and lie-detections. If you feel you've got scum in your QT, the best method of ensuring a result that you feel you can trust is to "stack" views. In other words, purchase 3-4 views, and use them all on the same person. (Think about this before leaping to the conclusion that "Ape is trying to direct the powers" or whatever dumb sh*t you're going to get paranoid about.) If that person is scum, you have to assume that they won't have the points budget to counter all of the views you're targeting them with. Even if they DO  have the points, they aren't going to have much more to spend on NKs and other such powers. So, either way, if you find scum in your House, and target the sh*t out of them, you can neutralize them.

@Leeelou can you confirm that the roles work in a 1:1 fashion? Meaning, for each 1 view that is used, it would take 1 roleblock to counter it?

So, circling back to my vote on Jetscode - our House didn't employ this method with him. So, my "100%" is not based on view results, before anyone asks. My guarantee is a confidence read. Jetscode's typical meta is to shrug me off if he's town. Maybe a year or so ago, he played scum well... in recent games, he (and he's admitted this himself) has lost his "game" so-to-speak. In recent games, when he's actually scum, he flails and then calls me scum right back. That is what he's doing now. It may not be as evident to you all, as it is to me... but it's happening.

On April 18, 2016 at 8:35 AM, Integrity28 said:

I am town and Jetscode is scum.

Lie detect that, more bang for your buck.^^^

Just now, D P R said:

Liar? Here are your first 3 posts of day 2. 

You spent the rest of the time defending your vote and supporting JVoR.

Call it what you want.

I led off the day with a vote. That isn't "rushing" anything, that's just how the game gets played. 

Not sure how defending, or reinforcing my vote, is a scum tell all of a sudden, but okay, you spin it however you need to. Defending my vote is also not rushing anything.

Finally, mentioning JVORs theory is not "supporting JVOR". Again, this isn't rushing.

You apparently are calling it what suit your narrative.

16 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I'm not wound up at all Smash... I think you read what I write, and project your own ****ed up personality and temperament into it. Then it escalates... but it's always everyone else's fault.

I'm not defending myself to you. 

you can't defend the obvious. You kick the tires on people and its just that kicking the tires but god for bid someone does it with you they are stupid an Idiot and out comes the mock outrage. Its party of the game to question others to get them talking and get information

38 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Im fine with the reason you think I reversed your meta but how in the hell did I flip flop ? Don't throw statements into a discussion that don't belong.

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

Im fine with the reason you think I reversed your meta but how in the hell did I flip flop ? Don't throw statements into a discussion that don't belong.

Reversing meta = flip-floping meta.

I meant the same thing.

Just because you couldn't equate the two phrases, don't mean either was wrongly used.

I led off the day with a vote. That isn't "rushing" anything, that's just how the game gets played. 

Not sure how defending, or reinforcing my vote, is a scum tell all of a sudden, but okay, you spin it however you need to. Defending my vote is also not rushing anything.

Finally, mentioning JVORs theory is not "supporting JVOR". Again, this isn't rushing.

You apparently are calling it what suit your narrative.

Starting off the day with a vote and a 100% guarantee is as good as saying you had view results. You know that. That's why you went back and clarified that it wasn't based on results in your next post - followed by your explanation of how you used the force to determine he was scum.

You've continued to defend the choice, which is pushing it. Lots of people vote in the first post of the day, but not many give it a 100% guarantee - then walk it back - then go on to push the idea over and over.

Just because you didn't say "hurry up guys! Let's get this vote in!" doesn't mean you aren't pushing it to get through.

Saying that I'm fear-mongering by commenting that the train built awfully fast and that you don't see my point in mentioning it is condoning it and pushing it.

Backing up JVoR's mock outrage at having to explain his plan more than once is supporting JVoR. 

You apparently are denying what doesn't suit your narrative. 

5 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

you can't defend the obvious. You kick the tires on people and its just that kicking the tires but god for bid someone does it with you they are stupid an Idiot and out comes the mock outrage. Its party of the game to question others to get them talking and get information

Smash, every other post from you either calls me stupid, or snidely insults things by calling them "genius" when you think it's stupid. You set the precedent for calling things and people stupid, and then you do exactly this when someone calls you stupid back.

You're a mess.

Archived