Harry Potter Mafia - Game Thread

Leelou

17 hours ago, Lily said:

I didn't much like this vote at the time and it's continued to stay in the back of my mind. I guess I think Crusher should have more solid reasoning to vote his Boopsie. Thanks, Womby, for bringing it back to my attention. 

I also don't like JC's giving up and wanting to be replaced. I could vote either, but for now, I'm voting Crusher.

Vote Crush

More solid reasoning ? So I have to have a better reasoning to vote JIF because he is my sweet one?  He jumped from train to train and admitted he would lynch anyone.  When JIF is town he scum hunts or batmans I if you will,. When he is scum he loses any resemblance of that and runs  jumps trams and then parades around like a chicken with his head cut off.  Funny that Dan is acting like this is a gotcha moment for me but everyone else had him as scum too. I got jc, Dan and SMC for scum with DPR as a wildcard.  I agree with CTM on Ape. His guarantee was 100% pure Ape bravado.  Null tell for him. Plus had JC for scum anyhow.  On phone right now but when I get to a pc I will post the weird post I saw earlier from JC.  

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, SMC said:

I might be missing something, but Ape guaranteed that JC was scum.  Unless Ape is Noldering it, that means he has something on JC.

Lynching JC would tell us something significant about both.

^^^ Scummy post here.  2 of the possibilities here suggest SMC skimmed the rules OR he is willfully trying to get us to night by taking out JC quickly.  In both scenarios he is scum.

Like my vote there.  Not sure why Wombat thinks I'm scum based partly on having my vote on SMC on D1.  JiF, who flipped town, was the other vote there.

Ape and DPR seems like town on town violence.

Crusher tends to hide as scum but I like his defense here:

10 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

More solid reasoning ? So I have to have a better reasoning to vote JIF because he is my sweet one?  He jumped from train to train and admitted he would lynch anyone.  When JIF is town he scum hunts or batmans I if you will,. When he is scum he loses any resemblance of that and runs  jumps trams and then parades around like a chicken with his head cut off.  Funny that Dan is acting like this is a gotcha moment for me but everyone else had him as scum too. I got jc, Dan and SMC for scum with DPR as a wildcard.  I agree with CTM on Ape. His guarantee was 100% pure Ape bravado.  Null tell for him. Plus had JC for scum anyhow.  On phone right now but when I get to a pc I will post the weird post I saw earlier from JC.  

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Ape and DPR seems like town on town violence.

Crusher tends to hide as scum but I like his defense here:

Wasn't hiding.  I had one of those days I could not get on.  Not going to evoke the RL  play here.  Just one of those days.  

10 hours ago, Pac said:

Lily - Inclined to believe she's town for now.  Liked the Crush post as no one was talking about him very much.  No real reason to bring it up as scum unless it was to protect the Ape.  Don't see that quite yet.

FYI - I am the one that brought up the Crusher post first, and to vote him. I'm not saying that for boasting reasons, I'm saying it because it seems to be a detail people are omitting while they read Lily as town. Another way to view her vote on Crusher is taking one of my lesser FOS's and getting behind it. This would, in theory, pull me away from JC and toward Crusher. I don't expect anyone to make anything of this now, but if Crusher and I eventually flip town, and JC and Lily are alive - don't assume she wasn't trying to help him, not me.

For these points, I don't see how she'd do it to protect me - it would have been to further derail JC I would think.

10 hours ago, Pac said:

Hallia - Got heat, offered up a very meek defense, disappeared, and is currently voting the only person who has an innocent viewing.  this isn't a very good game so far.  can vote here as well.

You are over-selling the point that someone got an innocent view on you. You know better.

10 hours ago, Pac said:

Ape - has stretched the truth on me a number of times but I'm calling them lies for a reason.  He also has been spouting strategical theories that he could have already had the answer to i.e; as scum he could have easily asked Leelou the questions in a QT so he'd be getting safe answers in the game thread.  I mean much of what he proposed early on was obviously not going to work.  It's possible he was just going through the motions to prove he's doing some "scum hunting".  or not.  Undecided but leaning scum.

You still haven't provided a single relevant example. The one thing you referred to was a comment about how you've played, it was a generalized comment, and I did NOT particularize it to anything you were doing in this game. However, you're trying to package it as a lie I made about you in this game.

Also, if  you're "calling them lies for a reason" you are suggesting you might have a LD result. So, out with it.

In your own words in this game, you'll know if I'm scum... apparently not. When you are town,  you usually do a much better job of seeing how I spark things, understanding the town motives, and making reads on the people that react. Here, you're just taking what I'm doing and trying to use it to get me lynched. That's scum play from you, typically.

10 hours ago, Pac said:

JC - he does defend terribly as scum.  I know smash said he defends poorly regardless of his alignment but typically when scum it resembles the vitriol followed by silence that he's displayed from last night to now.  I could vote there for this reason.

Exactly.

He goes quiet, and DPR, Smash and others pick at me, get me responding rambunctiously and eventually I drown out my case, make myself look desperate, while he just goes silent. Scum uses this way of outlasting my pursuit of them regularly. SMC is the one that pioneered it as a way of defending against me. The less you say, the less you look bad. The more I say, the more I damage my own case.

I don't always see it for what it is in the moment, but reflecting on yesterday - it felt exactly as I'm describing.

The lynch should really be Jetscode.

Happy Birthday, 80!!!

As to your point, it wasn't me skimming the rules, it was me skimming by Ape's posts and missing the part where he said his guarantee was for effect. 

And, yes, Ape, I'll take credit for that strategy. LOL.  It's effective, unless I'm town and then I get lynched instead.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

^^^ Scummy post here.  2 of the possibilities here suggest SMC skimmed the rules OR he is willfully trying to get us to night by taking out JC quickly.  In both scenarios he is scum.

Like my vote there.  Not sure why Wombat thinks I'm scum based partly on having my vote on SMC on D1.  JiF, who flipped town, was the other vote there.

I like this post.  You could be right on SMC.  I'd follow you on this, and then maybe switch and lynch you instead because it would be fun.

But really, good post.

Now DIAF.

11 minutes ago, Verbal said:

I like this post.  You could be right on SMC.  I'd follow you on this, and then maybe switch and lynch you instead because it would be fun.

But really, good post.

Now DIAF.

Old nerdy lucid Verb > New spit in the wind swag Verb

20 minutes ago, Verbal said:

@Pac - I'm lazy, and only playing because of the roster.

@80 - what makes you list me so high on the scum list?

I agree with the line of thinking that scum is hiding out right now.  Scum has to protect themselves on 2 fronts:  Both in their house QT's AND on the game thread.  Meanwhile you have Ape and DPR drowning out everyone with their bickering.  Makes perfect sense for them to stay out of the fray. 

You're one of the players that has "stayed out of the fray".  Plus I don't have any strong scum reads other than SMC. 

On 4/14/2016 at 9:35 PM, SMC said:

Out of JiF, 80 and Halia trains I like Halia as the better vote.

Unvote Lily Vote Halia

^^^^ This disgusting attempt at a momentum vote early in the game was what made me read SMC as scum initially.

His participation during day phase has been almost exclusively in a rush to get to night.  He's been channeling his best Brett impersonation all game long.

Miss you, spirit animal @StraightCash:(

@Jetsfan80  With Town Houses in the game, why wouldn't a townie want to get to night?  That's where the Town can either do real damage to scum, or undermine them.  Or, a Town House can accumulate enough points to bank them and then use them strategically when needed.

You act like night only benefits scum, when in a game like this with multiple Town Houses that is absolutely not the case.

5 minutes ago, SMC said:

@Jetsfan80  With Town Houses in the game, why wouldn't a townie want to get to night?  That's where the Town can either do real damage to scum, or undermine them.  Or, a Town House can accumulate enough points to bank them and then use them strategically when needed.

You act like night only benefits scum, when in a game like this with multiple Town Houses that is absolutely not the case.

Wombat has already pointed out the fallacy in this line of thinking.  Rushing to night prevents traditional scum-hunting and gathering information.  We should be looking to root out scum, and along the way try to accumulate powers.  You can't pick up points from the mods without playing the game anyways, and thus there's zero benefit to town to rush things.

Are you a Retard Avenger too?

20 minutes ago, SMC said:

How do you know there are multiple town houses?

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Wombat has already pointed out the fallacy in this line of thinking.  Rushing to night prevents traditional scum-hunting and gathering information.  We should be looking to root out scum, and along the way try to accumulate powers.  You can't pick up points from the mods without playing the game anyways, and thus there's zero benefit to town to rush things.

Are you a Retard Avenger too?

Special-Needs Avenger is more appropriate

I'm not advocating rushing to night, but don't act like it's to the disadvantage to Town to get to night in light of the particulars of this game. 

I vote JC because I thought Ape had a scum reveal on him.  I put a momentum vote on Halia because I thought she was the best of the options at the time in the developing trains.  Lastly, I hammered JiF because its JiF and, in the hopes of accumulating points for my Team (since we don't know how points are accumulated and hammering might be one way).

59 minutes ago, Verbal said:

@Pac - I'm lazy, and only playing because of the roster.

@80 - what makes you list me so high on the scum list?

Ironically, in the few posts you've made, I think you've brought more logic to bear than Pac has... he farted around D1, I insulted him by saying his best play as scum or town is to hide behind RL excuses (which he hadn't made any this game, so it wasn't a comment about what he's doing this game), and he's decided to take that, call it a lie, and then extrapolate it into being multiple lies... though no actual lies exist.

Oh, and he posted a fluff-filled reads list, and keeps reminding us that CTM viewed him as town. Whoopidee doo!!!

54 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Somebody or thing broke Verb. He needs to be put back together. Inject him with an excitability spell or something.

JIF just showed up with his pin dick  hanging out of his pants.

2 minutes ago, SMC said:

Special-Needs Avenger is more appropriate

I'm not advocating rushing to night, but don't act like it's to the disadvantage to Town to get to night in light of the particulars of this game. 

I vote JC because I thought Ape had a scum reveal on him.  I put a momentum vote on Halia because I thought she was the best of the options at the time in the developing trains.  Lastly, I hammered JiF because its JiF and, in the hopes of accumulating points for my Team (since we don't know how points are accumulated and hammering might be one way).

I don't have to "act" likes it's a disadvantage.  The mods confirmed that.  Leelou stated earlier that only one player had earned points so far in the day.  That has likely changed since then, but had we just gone and lynched any old player to get to night, the houses wouldn't have had points to use. 

42 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I agree with the line of thinking that scum is hiding out right now.  Scum has to protect themselves on 2 fronts:  Both in their house QT's AND on the game thread.  Meanwhile you have Ape and DPR drowning out everyone with their bickering.  Makes perfect sense for them to stay out of the fray. 

You're one of the players that has "stayed out of the fray".  Plus I don't have any strong scum reads other than SMC. 

About this. Nobody is going to be drown out, if nobody is even showing up in the thread. It's one thing if DPR and I derailed other discussions or cases, but all we did was go after each other since nobody else was doing anything. Also, how do you know neither of us are scum? What if DPR is scum who I got to come after an lynch on me by playing to make myself and easy target for them? I've used this method in the past, and he's rusty... so, what if the bickering is actually me smacking scum around?

Spare us the grandstanding about bickering, these games don't work without activity.

Archived