Harry Potter Mafia - Game Thread

Leelou

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Voting trains aren't the only way to gain information.  These include but are not limited to forcing people to take stands, list who they think is scum/town, present rationale for voting someone, inducing quiet players to provide input, etc. 

Have you ever played Mafia before?  Do you need the Ape to give you some private tutoring? 

What is Ape's rates?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Pac said:

ok so trying to get into this game but it's difficult as the same 5 people are doing all the talking.  an honest look at the situation:

JC - he does defend terribly as scum.  I know smash said he defends poorly regardless of his alignment but typically when scum it resembles the vitriol followed by silence that he's displayed from last night to now.  I could vote there for this reason.

good posts by pac and i concur completely on this.. the only thing giving me  pause is how quickly his train belt and that it looked like ti was a setup for a rapid lynch

still inclined to go here today, but am glad we have competing trains atm

On 4/14/2016 at 7:16 AM, CTM said:

hallia feels like an opportunistic day 1 train for  making a fairly typical dm type post .  (yea it kind of pinged for me too)

jif's on that train so I'll stay there, but jyoy would be my second choice .. me no rikey the way he ahh voted 

tend to agree with all of this, but specifically the bold - still knowing Hallia's alignment would help D1 train analysis

On 4/14/2016 at 9:52 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

Unvote vote SMC

At this point, 80 has been moving his vote around more haphazardly than JIF - even though he voted JIF for moving his vote around. Also, how does he do the multi-quote case on CTM and then just abandon it completely?

On 4/14/2016 at 10:41 AM, JiF said:

It's weird, I want to bash 80's brains in with Lucile but I like his vote on SMC.

Scum tend to distance vote.

On 4/14/2016 at 10:42 AM, JiF said:

Unvote

Vote SMC

On 4/14/2016 at 10:51 AM, SMC said:

LOL, JiF says he'd killed 80 right now, but then votes along with 80 against me.

Awful, AWFUL post by SMC. I can't believe I missed this... anyone that has played more than one game of mafia knows that this sh*t is irrelevant.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I agree with the line of thinking that scum is hiding out right now.  Scum has to protect themselves on 2 fronts:  Both in their house QT's AND on the game thread.  Meanwhile you have Ape and DPR drowning out everyone with their bickering.  Makes perfect sense for them to stay out of the fray. 

You're one of the players that has "stayed out of the fray".  Plus I don't have any strong scum reads other than SMC. 

^ why are you speaking like it's 100% certain scum is in town Qt's?

On 4/14/2016 at 1:11 PM, Integrity28 said:

Is anyone really posting any content at this point?

This is fappiest game I've seen in a while... almost 20 pages of pussyfooting... here are some incendiary comments:

• DPR is also hiding in plain site. Ain't doing sh*t other than maintaining visibility by making Ape cracks.
  • JIF is the worst mafia player I've ever seen. He was the lynchpin of the Crusher, Spoot, JIF 3-man mason team last game that lost the game because of their horrific play. If he demonstrated one shred of logical play, I would have cleared all 3 of them and moved on to my other reads. Instead, the entire game, including me (the cop) cratered on the three of them... with JIF functioning as the single sphincter trying to limit the amount of projectile diarrhea coming from the 3 of them. Awful.
  • I'm reading CTM as town right now. Crusher too. Not a reaction testicle.
  • I'd lynch Jetscode in a heartbeat. He's a complete and utter spazz as scum lately, and him opening the game by drooling Potter-isms down his chin stink stank stunk.
  • Pac's best play as any alignment is to use RL as cover. Awful. Also, he's scum.

I'll roll back through when you guys are ready for death.

The bold is the line that Pac keeps referring to as my litany of lies. The bold is a clear-cut insult.

On 4/14/2016 at 1:58 PM, Pac said:

ok that's 1 too many lies for my liking.

unvote

vote Ape

Here he even suggest there are more than 1 lie.

On 4/14/2016 at 2:06 PM, Integrity28 said:

What, exactly, is the lie?

Because your usual defense tell as scum OMGUS'ing me back after I isolate you, is to accuse me of lying, without ever pointing out what I'm lying about. Thank you for the confirmation. 

Unvote, Vote Pac

He refused to show more lies. Or prove there was any lie. With my vote I included a reference to a usual tell for Pac scum.

On 4/14/2016 at 2:17 PM, The Crusher said:

probably scum plotting against you. unless its actually a scum QT then it would be scum plotting with you. 

Crusher implying JIF is in scum QT.

On 4/14/2016 at 2:57 PM, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Can we lynch someone? Don't even care if it is me at this point. Lol

JVOR in a rush to get that lynch done.

On 4/14/2016 at 3:19 PM, Pac said:

When you're scum you're scared of me - rightfully so.  Inevitably you wind up launching a couple limp wristed jabs my way which range from subtle exaggerations to outright lies. 

You've done it more than once this game with the most recent one being an implication that I have been using RL cover to hide as scum.  It's a crock of sh-t and an insult to the people paying attention.

If I had to pick 1 guy right now you sit alone on tier 1.  Congrats fatso.

Pac making up fake meta.

On 4/14/2016 at 4:31 PM, Integrity28 said:

You accused me of lying multiple times. I asked you to show me where I lied. Instead, you are making up false meta about being scared and limp wrists.

I rest my case.

Also, the comment about using RL cover to hide as scum is what you did last game. It was an insult. It, in no way, inferred you were doing so this game and it was very clear in how I wrote it up. So, if this is your evidence that I lied - then the reality is, you're actually lying about what I said.

So. 

Let's lynch Pac. 

C'est fini.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's a form of tunnel visioning.  One or both of you could very well be scum.  But focusing on each other for like 3 straight pages accomplishes little.  DPR was just your shiny object since CTM wasn't around to bicker with you.  Only thing it did was get Smash to chime in.

In any case I read the situation as town on town violence.

80 making townie like, lucid posts is actually his scum meta

welcome to the short list virgin

FWIW, my below vote on 80 was in response to his below post - I had to Google "Nagini" and then had to ask myself why in the hell 80 would know that. And he was getting crazy with the HP references, so I figured a vote in that direction might start a conversation. With nothing else to go on, it was just day 1 kicking the tires stuff.

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Wish DPR has explained this one, would come in useful now.

On April 13, 2016 at 1:54 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

I dunno, I think the game is kind of picking up now. 

Nagini works for CTM too now that I think about it.  Lot's of options.

On 4/14/2016 at 6:18 PM, D P R said:

This sounds coached. I suspect Pac.

I kind of agree with this, but at the same time anyone saying something like this pings too.

On 4/14/2016 at 7:38 PM, Jetscode1 said:

Unvote, vote Ape.

He abandoned Hallia, I believe, who he'd been nudging as scum. When? After I isolated and dug in on Pac.

On 4/15/2016 at 11:41 PM, WWWWombat said:

Let's move things along.

unvote

Vote: 80

I missed the "why?" here.

On 4/15/2016 at 5:15 AM, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Don't think 80 is a good lynch. I'm leaning town on him. If anything, I have more of a suspicion on the people on his train based off their play so far. Pac always thinks I'm scum, every game so that hasn't changed much. null tell. He seems to be vouching for Hallia to some degree though and I'm not dead set on wanting to lynch her. It more just bugs me when people mentally clear people as town with suspect reasoning.

unvote

Vote Verbal

Would also be okay with DPR and back on Hallia for now.

I agree with JVOR about mentally clearing people as town. I hate that too. I don't agree with the logic of casing people on a train without knowing if the person the train is on is town or not yet. Also, in order to case the people on 80's train, would JVOR have to mentally clear 80 as town? Seems like a gross contradiction to me.

On 4/15/2016 at 7:04 AM, CTM said:

I thought I was voting jif?

unvote

vote jif

This is what brought JIF into play as the deadline lynch. 

On 4/15/2016 at 8:57 AM, The Crusher said:

I got 80 middle of the pack leaning town.  Kills me to do it but I think  JIF for today.  Not sure if it's s disconnect because he was away and didn't really signup but he jumped grom train to train And tried to sell the I will lynch anybody today.  Seems off.  

unvote vote JIF

But, it was this vote and the following vote from DPR that sealed it.

On 4/15/2016 at 9:11 AM, Leelou said:

50 mins to lynch...

On 4/15/2016 at 9:13 AM, D P R said:

He also worded his claim in a weird way, twice. Could be nothing, but the clock is ticking.

Invite Vote JiF

On 4/15/2016 at 9:14 AM, D P R said:

Bah

Unvote Vote JiF

On 4/15/2016 at 9:24 AM, WWWWombat said:

unvote

Vote: JiF

On 4/15/2016 at 9:54 AM, Pac said:

lynching JiF = funny considering we waited for him to start.

Unvote

Vote JiF

Based on re-reading D1, I'd guess some combination of 80, SMC, Jetscode, JVOR, Pac and Crusher are scum. Shifting some of my reads a bit, but big games with some people just lurking tends to = loud townies going after loud townies.

11 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I kind of agree with this, but at the same time anyone saying something like this pings too.

He abandoned Hallia, I believe, who he'd been nudging as scum. When? After I isolated and dug in on Pac.

I missed the "why?" here.

I agree with JVOR about mentally clearing people as town. I hate that too. I don't agree with the logic of casing people on a train without knowing if the person the train is on is town or not yet. Also, in order to case the people on 80's train, would JVOR have to mentally clear 80 as town? Seems like a gross contradiction to me.

This is what brought JIF into play as the deadline lynch. 

But, it was this vote and the following vote from DPR that sealed it.

You need to point out that the last half of the JiF train was made at deadline.

Just now, D P R said:

You need to point out that the last half of the JiF train was made at deadline.

Don't we all know that already? So why do I need to point it out?

I quoted where Leelou said "50 minutes". 

Also, just because it was close to deadline, doesn't mean all those votes are excusable. 

21 minutes ago, D P R said:

FWIW, my below vote on 80 was in response to his below post - I had to Google "Nagini" and then had to ask myself why in the hell 80 would know that. And he was getting crazy with the HP references, so I figured a vote in that direction might start a conversation. With nothing else to go on, it was just day 1 kicking the tires stuff.

you are surprised that a 30 yo virgin is intimately aware with specific details of a children's book series? 

Seriously?

Dude probably has action figures and a poster on his wall. Come on

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Also, just because it was close to deadline, doesn't mean all those votes are excusable. 

considering the twink was town, deadline gives scum a perfect excuse to jump on with a built in excuse.. better than random for them as well

Just now, CTM said:

considering the twink was town, deadline gives scum a perfect excuse to jump on with a built in excuse.. better than random for them as well

Exactly, but these are all givens. Experienced players shouldn't need this stuff pointed out.

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

You need to point it out because you are casing, and leaving details out undermines your own work. You may have noticed that more than a few folks are skimming and not really playing, so making sure that all of the ingredients are in teh recipe is important for low-input players who might have missed it.

And nobody said anything about them being excusable, but it does impact their level of importance as meeting a deadline to avoid a penalty is different than having a case.  

On 4/15/2016 at 10:24 AM, Pac said:

spoot I see you..  you pretty much have to vote JiF to avoid random lynch.

On 4/15/2016 at 10:28 AM, CTM said:

wtf is spoot doing?

I'm going to assume Spoot is town. If he's scum, there's no reason for him not to hammer JIF townie to avoid random. Especially with the built-in defense that deadline was why he voted him.

Just now, D P R said:

You need to point it out because you are casing, and leaving details out undermines your own work. You may have noticed that more than a few folks are skimming and not really playing, so making sure that all of the ingredients are in teh recipe is important for low-input players who might have missed it.

And nobody said anything about them being excusable, but it does impact their level of importance as meeting a deadline to avoid a penalty is different than having a case.  

You ARE whiny.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

You ARE whiny.

Nah. I just thought it was good that you were actually casing instead of daydreaming about how the entire game was built around your personality and play style, and figured I'd back the case up. It was either that or keep posting your sloppy mistakes, and sooner or later that gets old, even for me.  

Just now, D P R said:

Nah. I just thought it was good that you were actually casing instead of daydreaming about how the entire game was built around your personality and play style, and figured I'd back the case up. It was either that or keep posting your sloppy mistakes, and sooner or later that gets old, even for me.  

Casing comes in many forms. I'm going with the multi-quote, blah blah blah approach today because it resonates better with the stupid. 

Not belaboring the givens isn't a mistake, they are omissions. Sometimes intentional, sometimes not. Mistakes are the things that haunt your life.

Apparently you think these are mistakes, rather than malicious attempts to mislead the town. Funny how I take you off my list and you lose conviction immediately.

2 hours ago, HessStation said:

Old nerdy lucid Verb > New spit in the wind swag Verb

Heh, probably true.  Good news is I can count the number of ****s given on zero fingers!

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

@Verbal what happened with this? You never followed up.

I was firing into the crowd with that one.  Sometimes he gets super defensive and comes back with a huge counterattack on me when I catch him, and he's always scum when he does that.  He ignored it, so therefore:  null.

27 minutes ago, CTM said:

you are surprised that a 30 yo virgin is intimately aware with specific details of a children's book series? 

Seriously?

Dude probably has action figures and a poster on his wall. Come on

lol

By the way, is it weird to have that?  Seriously, I need to know this right away.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Casing comes in many forms. I'm going with the multi-quote, blah blah blah approach today because it resonates better with the stupid. 

Not belaboring the givens isn't a mistake, they are omissions. Sometimes intentional, sometimes not. Mistakes are the things that haunt your life.

Apparently you think these are mistakes, rather than malicious attempts to mislead the town. Funny how I take you off my list and you lose conviction immediately.

The funny part is how your vote changed, but mine is still on you.

The only thing better for the town than a townie building a case is when scum builds a case. And, you seemed less emotional and kind of happy making your posts for the stupid, so who am I to interrupt that? You go, girl.

4 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Heh, probably true.  Good news is I can count the number of ****s given on zero fingers!

I was firing into the crowd with that one.  Sometimes he gets super defensive and comes back with a huge counterattack on me when I catch him, and he's always scum when he does that.  He ignored it, so therefore:  null.

lol

By the way, is it weird to have that?  Seriously, I need to know this right away.

You're like Olivia Newton John at the end of that movie.

5 minutes ago, Verbal said:

lol

If they are from Harry Potter, it's fine.

Your collection is different and not fine at all.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

You too. Can you gives us your reads on the game roster?

Verbal, DPR, CTM, JC seem suspicious but nothing concrete

crusher ape hallia pac lily Hess seem town 

thats about it don't remember others much

Archived