3-way trade: a pipe-dream

Integrity28

Knowns:

• Jets need to deal Wilkerson
  • Titans have a ton of picks and cap space, and want to return to the top 10 of this draft
  • Dallas is stupid
  • Jackson has cap space and a defensive coach that is in put-up or shut-up season

Scenario:

1. Goff 
  2. Wentz 
  3. Jalen Ramsey
  4. Elliot (Dallas won't take Tunsil because they are flush with OL talent)
  5. Jacksonville is on the clock at 5, Tunsil is on the board

The trade:

• Jets trade #20 (850 pts) and Mo Wilk (valued at same as #20 pick overall, 850 pts) to Jacksonville for #5 pick (1,700 pts)
  • Jets trade the #5 to Tennessee for the #15 (1,050 pts), #45 overall in 2nd round (450 pts), #76 overall in 3rd round (210 pts)

The takeaway:

• Titans pick #5 overall: Laremy Tunsil
  • Jaguars extend Wilkerson, and pick #20 overall: Eli Apple
  • Jets pick #15 overall: Paxton Lynch, Jack Conklin or Shaq Lawson, also net 2nd and 3rd rounders = they have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds.

Wouldn't love it. At that point I'd just make a pick at 5 and get Tunsil.

Basically if we lose Wilkerson, our best player IMO, I want to be getting serious insurance that it's a worthwhile trade. We've basically traded him to get a guy we may get anyways and a second + third rounder. 

Wouldn't love it. At that point I'd just make a pick at 5 and get Tunsil.

Basically if we lose Wilkerson, our best player IMO, I want to be getting serious insurance that it's a worthwhile trade. We've basically traded him to get a guy we may get anyways and a second + third rounder. 

Jets would also save $15.7MM immediately and wouldn't have to worry about the possibility of a $90MM long term contract.

4 minutes ago, cant wait said:

If we're going up to 5 why not just go get wentz at 2. Athough I think tunsil goes to SD and I am not a fan of Lawson at 15, but I can tell you put some thought into this so nice job

Because that's not the scenario I crafted this around. You can make one that has us go to #2 if you want.

3 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Jets would also save $15.7MM immediately and wouldn't have to worry about the possibility of a $90MM long term contract.

Yeah but basically what I'm saying is we're just moving up 5 slots, so even if we have someone in mind there's no guarantee he'd be there or worse that he wouldn't have been there at 20 anyways. It's basically a move to get you a better chance of getting your guy, with no guarantee of it and the 2nd/3rd.

You could probably stay put and get Wilkerson traded for something like that anyways - I'd imagine at least.

Just now, cant wait said:

What about #5 and next years first for 2?

If we wanted #2, then we'd probably just deal with Browns directly. Not get convoluted with a 3 way deal. The objective I had in mind with what I put together was to unload Wilk for first-round value, and to turn it into several extra picks in the first 3 rounds.

Imagine we sign Fitz, and then make those picks:

#15 - Jack Conklin, OT

#46 - Kamalai Correa, OLB

#51 - Hunter Henry, TE

#76 - Christian Hackenberg, QB

#83 - Ryan Smith, CB

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

If we wanted #2, then we'd probably just deal with Browns directly. Not get convoluted with a 3 way deal. The objective I had in mind with what I put together was to unload Wilk for first-round value, and to turn it into several extra picks in the first 3 rounds.

#15 - Jack Conklin, OT

#51 - Hunter Henry, TE

#83 - Ryan Smith, CB

Those picks suck.

10 minutes ago, Powpow said:

To iffy. Lynch may not be there at 15 and that would destroy any purpose of this. And Lawson? really? Another DL. Just what we need.

Lawson:

SOURCES TELL US

"I see Shaq as an outside linebacker in a 3-4. He's not the guy you want to turn loose against the quarterback, but he is the guy that will make it hard for tight ends to block him in the run game. We knew we couldn’t run at him and it changed how we called plays." -- ACC offensive coach

7 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Those picks suck.

I haven't been following much of this year's draft but re: Hackenberg, it strikes me that if a quarterback was worthy of this much praise he'd have something to show for it. Majority opinion seems to be weaponz and potential and that one always works out just fantastic when it comes to quarterbacks. 

25 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I haven't been following much of this year's draft but re: Hackenberg, it strikes me that if a quarterback was worthy of this much praise he'd have something to show for it. Majority opinion seems to be weaponz and potential and that one always works out just fantastic when it comes to quarterbacks. 

He's basically everything bad about Connor Cook turned up to 11.

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

He's basically everything bad about Connor Cook turned up to 11.

I figure he'll turn out great because every QB the fans fawn over usually sucks. So, something about irony?

49 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

#15 - Jack Conklin, OT

#51 - Hunter Henry, TE

#83 - Ryan Smith, CB

it's creative, but I think I'd rather try to get #15, 33 & 45 for #5 & 83. 15-45 sounds like the sweet spot in this years draft class so I'd try to load up on those picks

44 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Lawson:

SOURCES TELL US

"I see Shaq as an outside linebacker in a 3-4. He's not the guy you want to turn loose against the quarterback, but he is the guy that will make it hard for tight ends to block him in the run game. We knew we couldn’t run at him and it changed how we called plays." -- ACC offensive coach

yea so

5 minutes ago, Powpow said:

great an OLB who cant rush the QB - for that just use Richardson.

lol, deep breaths dude... I'm always the first to say I'm not a draftnik, I'm just slotting names in for fun, I don't know who is good or not... just trying to paint the picture of how many parts we can add

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Muhammad Wilkerson has been an upstanding gentleman for this franchise. Just because we don't want to figure out a way to afford him doesn't mean he deserves to be forced to live in in the boiled peanut infested sh*thole that is Jacksonville. 

He wants a mega deal. He gets what he gets. Cry me a river for a guy about to bank 50 mill guar.

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

lol, deep breaths dude... I'm always the first to say I'm not a draftnik, I'm just slotting names in for fun, I don't know who is good or not... just trying to paint the picture of how many parts we can add

I see kinda like paint by numbers ok here is my Picasso

rd 1 Lynch qb

rd 2 Spence olb

Rd 3 Joe Dahl OL

rd 4  Maurice Canady cb

7 Hackett P

7 Drango OL

7 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Earning $50 million in Jacksonville is like having uncensored internet in North Korea.

LOL Dude I just sprayed my monitor with Diet Pepsi reading that!!!! This has to be a post of the year nominee!! Just a friggin awesome post!!!!

3 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Knowns:

• Titans have a ton of picks and cap space, and want to return to the top 10 of this draft
  • Dallas is stupid
  • Jackson has cap space and a defensive coach that is in put-up or shut-up season

Scenario:

1. Goff 
  2. Wentz 
  3. Jalen Ramsey

The trade:

• Jets trade #20 (850 pts) and Mo Wilk (valued at same as #20 pick overall, 850 pts) to Jacksonville for #5 pick (1,700 pts)
  • Jets trade the #5 to Tennessee for the #15 (1,050 pts), #45 overall in 2nd round (450 pts), #76 overall in 3rd round (210 pts)

The takeaway:

• Jets pick #15 overall: Paxton Lynch, Jack Conklin or Shaq Lawson, also net 2nd and 3rd rounders = they have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds.

Or trade away Mo for a late first plus a 2nd or third n still pick the 2nd round talent Lynch at #20 and a WR towards the end of first. 

3 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Knowns:

• Dallas is stupid

Scenario:

1. Goff 
  2. Wentz 
  3. Jalen Ramsey

The trade:

The takeaway:

There's zero reason to do that. Lynch will be there at 20. 

Seeing the trades that end up outbidding us, and the paper value of next year's picks being worth a round later this year, it doesn't appear (so far) that Mo has the first round trade value we'd like. 

We may have made offers with him at that value, but there's been no evidence Tennessee, or now Cleveland, has shown any interest in those offers.

Still hopeful something can get done, but it's really looking like we're where some of us were thinking over a month ago: if we get a round 1 pick/value for him, it'll be a round 1 pick in 2017 (i.e. a 2nd round pick this year).

Archived