Andrew 'just ran outta' Luck (guess who's his new QBC)

Lego My Lageman

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

it's amazing how we were top half in pts scored in majority of his seasons.

It really is when you think about it, I think the jets were the only team in the league to not score a TD in the first quarter in 2010. I just checked and dead last in first quarter points with 1.9

This is karma coming back at you Andrew Luck, for daring to say "f*** that" to our fine organization. Bet you'd love to be on the Jets about now, wouldn't you, huh huh huh? All rookie Oline notwithstanding. Just you watch next year Idzik will be your GM 

Just now, BowlesMovement said:

If Tannenbarum built the core, why was he drafting/signing Choir boys under Mangini, and criminals under Rex?

who were the criminals?  Plax?  they were up against the cap and going for one more deep run, they had to make some tough choices.

Kris jenkins was a choir boy? he was a malcontent which is why he was available, Abe Elam wasn't a choir boy, ...  we were built to win from '08-'11, we came close in '09/'10 but the lockout killed us.  remember the final 4 rules after '09 and '10? then the lockout ends and we have to make snap decisions on all thee guys.  it was just bad timing.

Don't worry OP, when I posted this a while back I too made the mistake of including RIP in my thread title. Time heals all wounds....unless your a QB trying to heal your wounds from the previous season but the doctor in charge is Brian Schottenheimer.  If that's the case your wounds probably just become septic.

2 minutes ago, cant wait said:

It really is when you think about it, I think the jets were the only team in the league to not score a TD in the first quarter in 2010. I just checked and dead last in first quarter points with 1.9

that's not true, off the top of my head we scored 2 TDs at Miami when Braylon was suspended for the 1st qtr.

we did get off to slow starts but it's a 4 qtr game, we won a lot games and scored a lot of points.  we didn't score in the 1st qtr in any of those playoff games yet we went 4-2 in them.

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

When QB gets noticeably worse the whole strong team you thought you had isn't so strong anymore.

Ah, yeah, I guess. I think a lot of things happened in 08, Mangini crapped his pants when Favre started throwing every pass to the other team, and started playing the softest read and react that has ever been played, and he panicked and lost any chance. But Favre was not just noticeably worse, he was historically bad. People talk about how bad Sanchez was in 09, but the last 5 games of 08, Favre was probably the worst QB I have ever seen over a 5 game stretch. The O line still gave him time, the running game still worked, he was just so awful. But Mangini was almost as awful in those last 5 games as well.

1 minute ago, BowlesMovement said:

Ah, yeah, I guess. I think a lot of things happened in 08, Mangini crapped his pants when Favre started throwing every pass to the other team, and started playing the softest read and react that has ever been played, and he panicked and lost any chance. But Favre was not just noticeably worse, he was historically bad. People talk about how bad Sanchez was in 09, but the last 5 games of 08, Favre was probably the worst QB I have ever seen over a 5 game stretch. The O line still gave him time, the running game still worked, he was just so awful. But Mangini was almost as awful in those last 5 games as well.

Sanchez had a few awful games but overall in 2009 he was good for a rookie. he threw 20 INts, 15 of them came in 4 games.

3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

who were the criminals?  Plax?  they were up against the cap and going for one more deep run, they had to make some tough choices.

Kris jenkins was a choir boy? he was a malcontent which is why he was available, Abe Elam wasn't a choir boy, ...  we were built to win from '08-'11, we came close in '09/'10 but the lockout killed us.  remember the final 4 rules after '09 and '10? then the lockout ends and we have to make snap decisions on all thee guys.  it was just bad timing.

I was exaggerating to make a point, but if you don't see the difference in personnel decisions between Tanny/Mangini and Tanny/Rex, I just don't know what to tell you, it was glaring.

In 09/10 we were close, but it required unheralded luck to get that close. If Rex had any ability to evaluate talent, and be honest with himself, he would not have claimed we were as close in 09 and 10 as he thought we were. He also fooled himself into thinking HIS defense was the reason why we were so close in 10, and that he just needed to get a little better on defense, and it would be the 85 Bears.

Sanchez had a few awful games but overall in 2009 he was good for a rookie. he threw 20 INts, 15 of them came in 4 games.

He played pretty well in his first few games, but he had a ton of really bad games, and a bunch of games where he did not have to do anything. He had no business starting that year, and should have been on the bench. Clemens or a vet should have been starting in 09, it was idiotic. 

Just now, nyjunc said:

that's not true, off the top of my head we scored 2 TDs at Miami when Braylon was suspended for the 1st qtr.

we did get off to slow starts but it's a 4 qtr game, we won a lot games and scored a lot of points.  we didn't score in the 1st qtr in any of those playoff games yet we went 4-2 in them.

Yeah you're right I must be thinking about something else. It's funny though how the jets were last in the league in first quarter points but ended up 10th in points per game

2 minutes ago, cant wait said:

Yeah you're right I must be thinking about something else. It's funny though how the jets were last in the league in first quarter points but ended up 10th in points per game

A lot of those games the Jets offense was extremely conservative early on, I think Rex game planned that way thinking his defense was dominating, but many, many games the offense had to bail out the defense late in 10. I also think Rex likes a conservative offense, becasue it puts less pressure on HIS defense. Rex is far more interested in protecting his perception as a defensive genius than he is his team winning.

4 hours ago, nyjunc said:

it's the truth but too many people don't understand and need a scapegoat.

So I guess the St. Louis Rams (Jeff Fisher) and the University of Georgia (whoever?) didn't understand either?

Scharty is the best example of nepotism in coaching for the incompetent. Everyone respects Marty.  Scharty is an imbecile.  Worst scripted 15 designer in NFL history.

3 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

So I guess the St. Louis Rams (Jeff Fisher) and the University of Georgia (whoever?) didn't understand either?

Scharty is the best example of nepotism in coaching for the incompetent. Everyone respects Marty.  Scharty is an imbecile.  Worst scripted 15 designer in NFL history.

I don't care about the dysfunctional Rams where they go 6-10/7-9 every year or the University of Gorgia which just saw the entire staff changed.  I care what he did here.

13 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

I was exaggerating to make a point, but if you don't see the difference in personnel decisions between Tanny/Mangini and Tanny/Rex, I just don't know what to tell you, it was glaring.

In 09/10 we were close, but it required unheralded luck to get that close. If Rex had any ability to evaluate talent, and be honest with himself, he would not have claimed we were as close in 09 and 10 as he thought we were. He also fooled himself into thinking HIS defense was the reason why we were so close in 10, and that he just needed to get a little better on defense, and it would be the 85 Bears.

we had a little luck in 2009, what luck did we have in 2010?  in any other division we have a chance at the div title and a home game and bye. that's not good luck.

11 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

He played pretty well in his first few games, but he had a ton of really bad games, and a bunch of games where he did not have to do anything. He had no business starting that year, and should have been on the bench. Clemens or a vet should have been starting in 09, it was idiotic. 

again, 15 of his 20 INts came in 4 games which means in his other 11 games he only threw 5 total INTs.  he played well a majority of that season and really well in the playoffs.

I think he proved he could play, the biggest problem was not surrounding him w/ enough talent.  they did early on and he was good then they thought he would take off w/ no talent around him.

we had a little luck in 2009, what luck did we have in 2010?  in any other division we have a chance at the div title and a home game and bye. that's not good luck.

again, 15 of his 20 INts came in 4 games which means in his other 11 games he only threw 5 total INTs.  he played well a majority of that season and really well in the playoffs.

I think he proved he could play, the biggest problem was not surrounding him w/ enough talent.  they did early on and he was good then they thought he would take off w/ no talent around him.

In 2010 we won at least 4 games, maybe 5 that we were left for dead. It was a combination of great plays on offense, bad penalties on defense, and some flukes in there too. The Colts playoff game though is really what I meant. We lucked our asses off at the end of that game, we were very, very close to losing that game if not for really bad coaching by Caldwell, and a great pass by Sanchez and a great play by Braylon. But your right, not as much luck as 09, which was more than a little, it was a lot.

Sanchez was also an immature frat boy, who needed a coach who would kick his ass. Instead, Rex handed him the starting job, yucked it up with him, and dreamed of him schtupping his wife's feet. Sanchez had enough talent to start in the NFL, but he was immature, and Rex thought he was better than he was. Sanchez was never, ever going to be a carry the team type QB, the best he ever was going to be was an Eli Manning type QB, and I happen to think Manning is one of the most overrated QB's to ever play the game, and has literally lucked his way into the HOF.

Just now, BowlesMovement said:

In 2010 we won at least 4 games, maybe 5 that we were left for dead. It was a combination of great plays on offense, bad penalties on defense, and some flukes in there too. The Colts playoff game though is really what I meant. We lucked our asses off at the end of that game, we were very, very close to losing that game if not for really bad coaching by Caldwell, and a great pass by Sanchez and a great play by Braylon. But your right, not as much luck as 09, which was more than a little, it was a lot.

Sanchez was also an immature frat boy, who needed a coach who would kick his ass. Instead, Rex handed him the starting job, yucked it up with him, and dreamed of him schtupping his wife's feet. Sanchez had enough talent to start in the NFL, but he was immature, and Rex thought he was better than he was. Sanchez was never, ever going to be a carry the team type QB, the best he ever was going to be was an Eli Manning type QB, and I happen to think Manning is one of the most overrated QB's to ever play the game, and has literally lucked his way into the HOF.

I disagree, we had a RZ TO that game, we had Holmes drop that easy 3rd down catch that would have been a 1st down late, mark just missed Braylon which would have sealed the game late.  I wouldn't call that fluky or lucky and add to it we had a better record than indy but played on the road so that's not good luck.  when teams win they have luck, look at Den in the SB, that defensive TD easily could have been called back but it wasn't.  

maybe he was a bit immature but we don't know how rex handled him behind closed doors.

I agree, he was never going to be a Brady type and he ws actual an Eli type.  I really believe if he plays on NYG '07/'11 they still win both SBs and if Eli plays here in '09/'10 we lose in title games.

Eli is not close to even being in the discussion for the HOF.

6 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I agree, he was never going to be a Brady type and he ws actual an Eli type.  I really believe if he plays on NYG '07/'11 they still win both SBs and if Eli plays here in '09/'10 we lose in title games.

Eli is not close to even being in the discussion for the HOF.

I agree on 07/11.

I don't think Eli is a HOF either, but if he does not go in the HOF, he will be the first QB with 2 SB championships as a starter to not be in the HOF. Plus, with Beckham, he is going to have quite a few years of gaudy numbers, that guy is a flat out freak. 

7 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

I agree on 07/11.

I don't think Eli is a HOF either, but if he does not go in the HOF, he will be the first QB with 2 SB championships as a starter to not be in the HOF. Plus, with Beckham, he is going to have quite a few years of gaudy numbers, that guy is a flat out freak. 

Jim Plunkett isn't in the hall.

I agree w/ beckham and those weapons he has a chance to pad #s so he has time but at the moment I don't think he's in.

4 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Jim Plunkett isn't in the hall.

I agree w/ beckham and those weapons he has a chance to pad #s so he has time but at the moment I don't think he's in.

I always forget about Plunkett, true. I do think Eli will get in though, he is going to have a lot of stats when all is said and done, and playing for the Giants his whole career is going to help. But it will likely be the luckiest HOF induction ever, in all sports.

24 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

I agree on 07/11.

the voters have to look at the stats and realize he played almost entire career in pass happy era.  his #s look great compared to QBs of the past but not compared to QBs of his era.

2 hours ago, rex-n-effect said:

Sanchez didn't make the right read here but there is no guarantee that McKnight makes it across the line for the first down. The pass to McKnight would have been a longer pass and at least one of those tacklers could have cut across before McKnight has time to catch the pass, turn and run two yards. I agree McKnight was the better option but the best of five dumb options. There's nobody across the line who can catch the pass and not have to scramble for the extra yardage. If McKnight is better covered by the CB on that play then there's no chance McKnight gets the yardage. That's why the play was a setup for failure and some of the blame has to go to the play design.

I'm definitely not in the pro-schotty camp, but to take the stance that this was on play design is to assume that Schotty doesn't understand how first downs work or did not know what down it was, which may be a comical approach, but it's simply not reality.  Perhaps the play would not have worked regardless, but New England gets paid to play defense there, and they know where the line is too.  Sometimes you have to throw underneath and make a play, we see this frequently and not just with Schotty/Jets.  A quick throw to McKnight doesn't guarantee you anything, but it certainly gives you a reasonable shot at converting what ultimately isn't a gimme.  And yes, if McKnight is in tighter coverage, it doesn't work, but that opens up a world of things we simply do not know... Perhaps he had more than one option on the play, as receivers often do based on coverage.  In this case, perhaps since coverage was off, his job was to settle under, make the catch and stumble forward.

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Indy is 100% totally stupid, starting with keeping Pagano.  They are going to waste the Andre Luck years.  Bone heads.

If I'm Andrew Luck, I'm not signing any extension or franchise tag or anything. I'm holding out to become a FA and go wherever I see best.

Money won't be an issue - teams will be lining up to give him max deals. Indy is going to waste him the same way they wasted Peyton. If Peyton's entire career in Indy tied to thoust holiest Dungy is exhibit A of how to limit a team with a stud QB, then the last 4 years of assclownery with Pagano are exhibits B, C, D, & E.

edit: Especially when they had Bruce Arians right there for the taking! 

4 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

If I'm Andrew Luck, I'm not signing any extension or franchise tag or anything. I'm holding out to become a FA and go wherever I see best.

Money won't be an issue - teams will be lining up to give him max deals. Indy is going to waste him the same way they wasted Peyton. If Peyton's entire career in Indy tied to thoust holiest Dungy is exhibit A of how to limit a team with a stud QB, then the last 4 years of assclownery with Pagano are exhibits B, C, D, & E. 

Indy "wasted" Peyton by building a SB caliber team around him for the majority of his career.  they surrounded him w/ elite talent all over the place and a Hall of fame coach for most of his time there.  must have been rough for peyton.

12 minutes ago, gEYno said:

I'm definitely not in the pro-schotty camp, but to take the stance that this was on play design is to assume that Schotty doesn't understand how first downs work or did not know what down it was, which may be a comical approach, but it's simply not reality.  Perhaps the play would not have worked regardless, but New England gets paid to play defense there, and they know where the line is too.  Sometimes you have to throw underneath and make a play, we see this frequently and not just with Schotty/Jets.  A quick throw to McKnight doesn't guarantee you anything, but it certainly gives you a reasonable shot at converting what ultimately isn't a gimme.  And yes, if McKnight is in tighter coverage, it doesn't work, but that opens up a world of things we simply do not know... Perhaps he had more than one option on the play, as receivers often do based on coverage.  In this case, perhaps since coverage was off, his job was to settle under, make the catch and stumble forward.

The apparent purpose of the play was the scam the defense into thinking all or almost all of the receivers are going across the marker and then tricking them by sending everybody into a curl before the marker. It was designed to do what happened with McKnight where the defender kept going and McKnight got enough separation to try to cross the marker. It was a gimmick play.

The design is awful. If no defender is faked out then the play has nowhere to go on a pass without running longer routes but now all the receivers are draped with defenders. Can't scramble because the defenses is boxed in at the marker. It requires an error from the defense plus the QB has to make five simultaneous reads when the receivers curl, identify the error, plant and throw the pass within a split second so the receiver has time to run two or three yards. That's asking a lot of a young QB, let alone any QB. 

Indy "wasted" Peyton by building a SB caliber team around him for the majority of his career.  they surrounded him w/ elite talent all over the place and a Hall of fame coach for most of his time there.  must have been rough for peyton.

You've made your point about anything pro brady and anti colts+giants in 1000 threads already. We don't need it here as well. 

23 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

You've made your point about anything pro brady and anti colts+giants in 1000 threads already. We don't need it here as well. 

I am just correcting stupidity, to think peyton wasn't on loaded teams his entire career is asinine.

Archived