Bart Scott on Boomer and Carton this morning

BowlesMovement

1 minute ago, SenorGato said:

A cheap copout....Fans delude themselves that their interests and ownership interests are one and the same - we're seeing it all over your posts right now, probably this thread, and in any discussion ever about player compensation and contracts. There's even a whole dweebish world dedicated to it with fantasy sports.

Once again - those defenses were the only reason the Ravens were relevant at all before Flacco - won them a Super Bowl even. Your narrative that this was somehow crushing their team and franchise really doesn't play out in the whole reality thing. Those guys still had to execute to get the bonuses - they're earned so that's covered.

lol, whatever dude, you seem to be on some kick that I really don't feel like arguing, becasue its not how I think. Rex was giving out handouts, and I don't believe in handouts, and I believe his motivations were wrong, just like his motivations were wrong here, and its a huge part of what makes him a lousy coach. now go fight the good fight for players getting paid more money with someone else, that is not my argument.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BowlesMovement said:

That is a terrible example, and no, that is not at all how publicly traded companies work. 

That is exactly how publicly traded companies work, gave you an example and all.  But continue with your head in the sand its definitely creating an entertaining thread of you vs the world.

1 minute ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Wow your view and perspective of this is so far away from mine.  Handouts would be giving them the bonuses without them earning it.  Putting players in a position to actual achieve their bonuses, I can't consider that a handout.  But to each their own and I'm happy I don't work for you!! :D

If a player signs a contract that pays them 10mil per year, and has a bonus for 15 sacks, they earned the 10mil per year. If they got 14 sacks, and then Rex hands them a BS sack, they did not earn the bonus for 15 sacks. This mentality is the reason this country is going to crap.

1 minute ago, JETSfaninNE said:

That is exactly how publicly traded companies work, gave you an example and all.  But continue with your head in the sand its definitely creating an entertaining thread of you vs the world.

Trust me, I know much more about how publicly traded companies work than you do, your example was a terrible one. Yeah, I am the one with my head in the sand, lol.

Just now, BowlesMovement said:

If a player signs a contract that pays them 10mil per year, and has a bonus for 15 sacks, they earned the 10mil per year. If they got 14 sacks, and then Rex hands them a BS sack, they did not earn the bonus for 15 sacks. This mentality is the reason this country is going to crap.

You must be a Trump supporter.  A sack is a sack correct?  Did they knock the QB down for a loss of yards?  Who cares how they got the sack, it obviously worked.  Thats a benefit for the Team, the player, the coach and the FO. 

2 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Trust me, I know much more about how publicly traded companies work than you do, your example was a terrible one. Yeah, I am the one with my head in the sand, lol.

Please by all means, educate me.  Your shallow words aren't convincing me any differently.  I gave an example, i see no example still from you.

7 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

lol, whatever dude, you seem to be on some kick that I really don't feel like arguing, becasue its not how I think. Rex was giving out handouts, and I don't believe in handouts, and I believe his motivations were wrong, just like his motivations were wrong here, and its a huge part of what makes him a lousy coach. now go fight the good fight for players getting paid more money with someone else, that is not my argument.

No, he wasn't. It's a nice spin and all, but nobody gets bonuses because of a playcall. Ryan was also not a lousy defensive coordinator, so that's out the window too. He may make a lame HC for it, that kind of loyalty is hard to build when you're not great on both sides of the ball, but he certainly wasn't a lousy coach as the DC of the Ravens. I'll say it again - if those bonuses held the Ravens back as a franchise this a different discussion, but it didn't. This is just another fan deluding himself into believing that his interests and an NFL team owner's interests are one and the same.

6 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

You must be a Trump supporter.  A sack is a sack correct?  Did they knock the QB down for a loss of yards?  Who cares how they got the sack, it obviously worked.  Thats a benefit for the Team, the player, the coach and the FO. 

LOL, love how that makes me a trump supporter. For the record, I think all politicians are crooked egomaniacs, so I don't support any of them, I vote for the less of all evils, but this is not a political thread, nor forum. Carry on....

5 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

No, he wasn't. It's a nice spin and all, but nobody gets bonuses because of a playcall. Ryan was also not a lousy defensive coordinator, so that's out the window too. He may make a lame HC for it, that kind of loyalty is hard to build when you're not great on both sides of the ball, but he certainly wasn't a lousy coach as the DC of the Ravens. I'll say it again - if those bonuses held the Ravens back as a franchise this a different discussion, but it didn't. This is just another fan deluding himself into believing that his interests and an NFL team owner's interests are one and the same.

whatevs brah, I could care less about any owners interests, they all have a sh!t ton more money than I do, and always will. You keep fighting the good fight though brah, I think your getting somewhere.....

8 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Seriously - how is a positive outcome on a play *bad* for the team?

1 minute ago, BowlesMovement said:

whatevs brah, I could care less about any owners interests, they all have a sh!t ton more money than I do, and always will. You keep fighting the good fight though brah, I think your getting somewhere.....

I love it. 

Understand that there's a billion different reasons to not like Ryan based on his time with the Jets as a HC. We don't need to drum up dumb ones from his time as one of the - if not the best - DC in the league.

1 minute ago, SenorGato said:

Seriously - how is a positive outcome on a play *bad* for the team?

No, I think your right now, its good for a team when the coach is making playcalls to meet bonus objectives, and not to win the game. I mean, who cares if 4 all out blitzes targeted to get a DE a sack fail, resulting in 4 TD's, as long as the 5th one gets the sack, AMIRIGHT?

3 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

LOL, love how that makes me a trump supporter. For the record, I think all politicians are crooked egomaniacs, so I don't support any of them, I vote for the less of all evils, but this is not a political thread, nor forum. Carry on....

Agreed, however your whole "boot straps" talk pretty much caused the assumption and the reason I asked the question.  But I agree, I wasn't looking to derail the thread with politics, I just found the boot strap comment entertaining and curiosity peaked :D

Just now, BowlesMovement said:

No, I think your right now, its good for a team when the coach is making playcalls to meet bonus objectives, and not to win the game. I mean, who cares if 4 all out blitzes targeted to get a DE a sack fail, resulting in 4 TD's, as long as the 5th one gets the sack, AMIRIGHT?

Lol, oh boy I loosed a screw. What if the eagles showed up because of these playcalls and won the match for their opponents!?!?!?

If it helps - I think it's a fair point that hypothetically he could have piled up playcalls in the name of getting one guy one sack. A little hard to believe this was a regular occurrence given how good and efficient those defenses were, but sure it might have happened at the back end of some game they already had won for the Ravens.

3 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

BowlesMovement is definitely not red and nude and mad on the internet right now, this is all just a big joke to him

LOL, red and nude? Is that some type of fantasy, or is that really a thing? Never heard of that one before. For the record, is red and nude a fast twitch or slow twitch response?

23 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Agreed, however your whole "boot straps" talk pretty much caused the assumption and the reason I asked the question.  But I agree, I wasn't looking to derail the thread with politics, I just found the boot strap comment entertaining and curiosity peaked :D

I love how we now live in a world where if you don't like handouts, and think things should be earned, you must be a Donald Trump supporter...... My how the mighty has fallen.....

5 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

LOL, red and nude? Is that some type of fantasy, or is that really a thing? Never heard of that one before. For the record, is red and nude a fast twitch or slow twitch response?

This is all just amusing to him, you are all clowns and he's the ringmaster

4 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Dance, puppets

LOL, you really should not be so butt hurt, you put yourself out there for Idzik, and he sucked, happens to the best of us. Doesn't mean your not onto something with PFF, and all your fast twitch stuff, and slow twitch stuff. I think you are onto something, really do..... Oh, and I love how you think you are so much smarter than everyone, its very cute.....

Wait, I'll save you some typing..... Dance......... LOL

2 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Mangini was fired after going 9-7.

Rex was fired after going 4-12.

I was not for firing Mangini when he was let go. 

Our reactionary FO was responsible, Mangini didn't want Farve and then was forced to use him and then was afraid to bench him for a period of time when he was injured.

I felt he was entitled to at least one more year............

34 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

I was not for firing Mangini when he was let go. 

Our reactionary FO was responsible, Mangini didn't want Farve and then was forced to use him and then was afraid to bench him for a period of time when he was injured.

I felt he was entitled to at least one more year............

Farve had that stupid iron man streak going just like the compiler and his 1,000 per year streak.. Hermie played him was he was too hurt to practice in 2005 or even when he had 2 high ankle sprains in 2002..

11 hours ago, jack48 said:

But did t he Giants pass him over for an available vacancy, or did he leave before that.  Landry left too.  Me, I would not hire a guy whose team interviewed him for an available vacancy and passed on him.  who knows him better?

Bruce Arians was passed over. Raiders went with Norv Turner (aka Coach Also-Ran) over Jim Harbaugh. Packers went with Ray Rhodes over Andy Reid. Probably more than that, but I'm just thinking of current/recent coaches. It happens. That said, clearly Baltimore made the correct decision.

Archived