Kingmaker Mafia - Game Thread

Having a more difficult time than usual with this format.  Only a couple solid reads.

Townies:

DPR - Everyone in agreement that he has been atrocious but I can't see a scum King playing as poorly as he has.  The premature lynching of the Doc while preaching patience and a united front was laughably bad.  I have to believe scum would have been more calculated than that sloppy mess we saw.

EY - Sadly in agreement for much of the game.  I'd prefer to be arguing with him but nothing there yet.

Scum Vibe:

Crush - Overly lucid to start...  Coming after me despite his stated reason for coming after me being proven wrong.

Deck - Has said nothing...  his justification post for voting Hallia felt icky.

Just now, Pac said:

Having a more difficult time than usual with this format.  Only a couple solid reads.

Townies:

DPR - Everyone in agreement that he has been atrocious but I can't see a scum King playing as poorly as he has.  The premature lynching of the Doc while preaching patience and a united front was laughably bad.  I have to believe scum would have been more calculated than that sloppy mess we saw.

EY - Sadly in agreement for much of the game.  I'd prefer to be arguing with him but nothing there yet.

Scum Vibe:

Crush - Overly lucid to start...  Coming after me despite his stated reason for coming after me being proven wrong.

Deck - Said nothing...  his justification for voting Hallia felt icky.

Nothing was proven wrong.  If anything I missed were you may have mention the DPR thing.  But my main point was you stated what EY, Myself and JiF been yelling about after DPR made it crystal he wasnt budging. Funny you are having an issue with the format that was regular mafia on the second day.  You are full of shit and useless.  I think you are cruising and sitting back as scum. Why shouldn't I?

Maybe this will sink in fatty..  the first post is DPR definitively stating what he was going to do... 

On 5/24/2016 at 4:55 PM, D P R said:

Hit a majority and I'll pull the lever. Otherwise, I'll go with the vote leader before deadline.

Weird..  who's the first guy that said something?

On 5/24/2016 at 6:52 PM, Pac said:

Gross stance.

Whoever made you king is a dumb ass.

On 5/24/2016 at 7:52 PM, D P R said:

Can you say that again? My stereo system was turned up too loud for me to read.

EY chimes...

On 5/24/2016 at 7:53 PM, gEYno said:

unvote

I've been thinking about this quite a bit.  A majority that isn't consensus is a dangerous vote for DPR.  With 18 players, we assume a scum team of 4, right?  It would be very easy for them to very slightly influence a majority and certainly, and more importantly, make a majority on one of their own unlikely.  Honestly, I think we are better off with DPR just guessing at random.  The nearly 1 in 4 chance that he guesses correctly is probably better than the chance that scum allows a majority (or that enough people are correct day one) that we don't lynch town.  This of course falls apart in the nearly 1 in 4 chance that the kingmaker picked scum with their first shot.  But, in that case, DPR is not taking out one of his teammates anyway.

I reiterate why I'm disgusted.

On 5/24/2016 at 10:49 PM, Pac said:

Which is why I admonished DPR earlier for declaring he'd do whatever the town consensus was.

It's a foolish strategy in that it makes the King role obsolete.  It tells us nothing about his motives, reads, or alignment.

I have a perfect way of handling the King role and herby announce I'll take the throne if given the chance.  This would be the best strategy for town to implement.  Let the greatest natural scum hunter in the northern hemisphere do the heavy lifting.

and continue to chastise DPR...

On 5/24/2016 at 10:52 PM, Pac said:

^^ worse than Joffrey.

all before you or JiF ever said anything about it.  So like I said..  you're voting me on bullsh*t.  a scum tell.

10 minutes ago, Pac said:

Maybe this will sink in fatty..  the first post is DPR definitively stating what he was going to do... 

Weird..  who's the first guy that said something?

EY chimes...

I reiterate why I'm disgusted.

and continue to chastise DPR...

all before you or JiF ever said anything about it.  So like I said..  you're voting me on bullsh*t.  a scum tell.

Nope.  My point was you basically recited word for word what we have been suggesting he do after he dug his heels in.  You basically posted it to look like you were doing something. It's what you do often as scum.  I will go get it when I get a chance. Now I have some stuff to do.  Its more of a timing thing than a content thing.  It is possible that you didnt read most of what we posted, but you made a reference to something I posted that made me think you did read it. 

13 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

The first thing you learn when playing this game, from the more experienced players, is to never claim 100 % especially this early in the game. Its like JC is trying to force his agenda and when no one agrees he changes his vote ?? Is that a scummy move or a town move ? Looks like he's just out to get someone lynched.

IMO everyone piling on just to avoid a random is the same damn thing as a random and most of the time town gets the sh*t end of that stick. How many times have we seen players pile on at the last minute who never really suspected the vote leader yet vote just to avoid a random ? 

Knucklehead.  

59 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

I'm not gonna type up everything i had earlier so i'll summarize it (yes, this is the summarized version  *cries). It's all from memory so it might be a bit scattered lol

I didn't like EY since the game started. Feels to me like 85% of his content is arguing about the King and what tactic should be used. And finger pointing at DPR after Calder's flip and doing the "I told you so" routine. He hasn't done any scumhunting that I've seen. He did give a couple of reads at some point after I nudged him but it was eh and I'm pretty sure he basically gave the same reads JiF did, which is why I called him JiF 2.0. And I think he added an omgusy scum lean on me. After the day was turned into a regular majority he basically didn't have much to say. Obviously holiday weekend also part of it but yeah.... I am not impressed. And he did try to reduce my case on Halli  to just "not acting normally". He stuck with his vote on DPR.  The only reason he's scum reading DPR is cause he didn't ask Calder for a claim. There is literally no other reason. It's basically him being opportunistic over what could very well be an oversight and he hasn't bothered to actually case DPR . All he's done D2 is carry on from EoD1 **** up. Additionally, I think if the prime lynch candidate is scum (which, she was), going to random might actually benefit scum because the day might actually end with a town death. So him being around at deadline last night and not consolidating and then being around today and yet again not consolidating or hell, even moving to a secondary suspect, is interesting. Obviously there were a few players that did not consolidate, and the option of bussing is also out there.... but adding up all of what I've seen from him? Will definitely lynch.

Just going to add some reality into the mix here:

- Yes, I have been focused on the King aspect of the game.  I think that it's silly to ignore what is the major difference in the game.

- I don't need to do my scum hunting out loud for you to see, and up until Hallia's reveal, I was pretty content with DPR as my #1 target.  Now obviously need to revisit and consider his behavior re: Hallia.

- Disappointed I have to rehash this again, because really didn't come back to this game for confrontation... But there was never an omgus scum lean on you.  I simply asked if the nastiness with which you've conducted yourself in this game (which has been pointed out by others) was game based or if it was your real life personality.

- Don't think I needed to say much more.  I was confident in my target, and early on it got some traction.  You believe what you want about the long weekend, but let me assure you I'd happily be lynched for inactivity in every single game I played, regardless of alignment, if it was because I was spending quality time with my family and friends.

- I did not try to reduce your case.  I actually spoke with LeeLou and "different from previous games" was generally the case she made.  I skimmed your case, which if I'm remembering, didn't include any quotes from Hallia, just a look at what you said, because 1) the holiday weekend and 2) interacting with you has been generally unpleasant thus far.

- I actually have/had numerous other reasons for DPR, some of which I've expressed (ignoring the differences in game, willingness to hammer without a majority, unwillingness to admit he was wrong), some of which I have not.  Obviously things have changed at the moment, but should the need arise, I will revisit.

- At no point did I said I wanted to go random on day 2, see conversation with AVM.  The lynch was complete before I returned to my computer at work, but I expressed beforehand that I was comfortable voting for Hallia, though not sold on her.

- Lynch away.  Won't be very helpful.

1. Yes, you need to do your made believe scumhunting somewhere we can see, otherwise it does NOT exist.

2. I don't give a **** if you find the interaction with me pleasant or not. 

3. I provided a full ISO of Hallia of each and every post she made and my thoughts, when I've had them. 

4. GFY

On 5/26/2016 at 7:46 PM, gEYno said:

Most of my reads are contingent on DPR and I think it's pretty imperative to resolve it.

But, I'm not loving 80 and I'm not loving Smash at the moment.  You sit at 4.  AVM makes me a bit nervous, but I respect her game and can resolve it later.  If I knew more about Lily, I'd be concerned, but not ready to make any moves on that.

Wanna tell me again how I wasn't on your scum leans?

9 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

1. Yes, you need to do your made believe scumhunting somewhere we can see, otherwise it does NOT exist.

3. I provided a full ISO of Hallia of each and every post she made and my thoughts, when I've had them. 

4. GFY

As per 2.  I'm sure you don't.  Because, while my read on DPR as scum may be off, there's literally no doubt my read on you as a human being is pretty spot on.

• Thumb Down 3

16 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

4. GFY

5 minutes ago, gEYno said:

As per 2.  I'm sure you don't.  Because, while my read on DPR as scum may be off, there's literally no doubt my read on you as a human being is pretty spot on.

I would never believe this if I wasn't watchIng it. Kinda surreal.  

6 minutes ago, Lily said:

Ey - I'm just going to comment on one point between you and Nyn. If you're not scum hunting out loud, we have no idea you're doing so, and it looks like you're coasting. 

I hear ya Lily.  My process is a bit different.  That's okay though, it's a game.  But, you need not worry about it any longer.

History repeating itself...  for the last time.  You cant come in and butt heads with strong personalities then act aghast when you get some snark in return.

Do you really think we acted this way with each other from the start??  It took years of posting with these people before I would bust balls like I do.  

Know your audience.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

History repeating itself...  for the last time.  You cant come in and butt heads with strong personalities then act aghast when you get some snark in return.

Do you really think we acted this way with each other from the start??  It took years of posting with these people before I would bust balls like I do.  

Know your audience.  

Shut up pussy

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Pac said:

Know your audience.  

Holy lawn mowing stereo enthusiast.  Man has a point.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1