Kingmaker Mafia - Game Thread

1 minute ago, Jetscode1 said:

i hope verbal lets it go random

Given that he extended it once, that would be my expectation.  

And with town already down a couple of power roles (and no cop sitting there) I'm not sure that would be the worst thing to happen tbh.

*insert Brett/EY comment about statistics here*

2 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

Smash repped my facepalm gif. Didn't post.

Noted on he and EY both, then.  Hard to tell overall who's scummy and who's apathetic, but being around and not posting/moving your vote would make me lean less apathetic.

10 hours ago, AVM said:

Noted on he and EY both, then.  Hard to tell overall who's scummy and who's apathetic, but being around and not posting/moving your vote would make me lean less apathetic.

Note on me ? Last time I looked I had a vote in . I was never one to just vote or hammer just for the hell of it ( you know that to be true) so why should I change now ?

14 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

If Smash and 80 are not scum....then AVM and Nyn are definite 100% scum.

13 hours ago, D P R said:

guaranteed?

13 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

yup

10 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

unvote

Vote Hallia

Mr 100 %

JC for someone who is 100 % sure on scum you sure do a piss poor job of making that point. You pop in the thread place a vote claim that person is scum with absolutely zero explanation and then want people to follow you.

You make these soft claims every game sometimes you're scum sometimes not either way you're not getting to far with this strategy.

Unvote JIF

Vote JC1

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

JC for someone who is 100 % sure on scum you sure do a piss poor job of making that point. You pop in the thread place a vote claim that person is scum with absolutely zero explanation and then want people to follow you.

You make these soft claims every game sometimes you're scum sometimes not either way you're not getting to far with this strategy.

Unvote JIF

Vote JC1

btw, If you say it's not alignment indicative for him, why are you voting him for it?

Just now, Nynaeve said:

btw, If you say it's not alignment indicative for him, why are you voting him for it?

The first thing you learn when playing this game, from the more experienced players, is to never claim 100 % especially this early in the game. Its like JC is trying to force his agenda and when no one agrees he changes his vote ?? Is that a scummy move or a town move ? Looks like he's just out to get someone lynched.

IMO everyone piling on just to avoid a random is the same damn thing as a random and most of the time town gets the sh*t end of that stick. How many times have we seen players pile on at the last minute who never really suspected the vote leader yet vote just to avoid a random ? 

9 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

MO everyone piling on just to avoid a random is the same damn thing as a random and most of the time town gets the sh*t end of that stick. How many times have we seen players pile on at the last minute who never really suspected the vote leader yet vote just to avoid a random ? 

I don't really care what happened in other games. I care about this game. I think Hallia is scum therefore I think going to random was dumb. We had plenty of time to present individual cases, we all had our own vote and voice so no one could bitch about the whole mechanic of the King and how it should be handled... and we still ended up achieving exactly squat. It's just demotivating. 

The only thing I learned from the whole thing is that i'm not staying up for deadlines anymore. So, lesson learned. :P 

23 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

I don't really care what happened in other games. I care about this game. I think Hallia is scum therefore I think going to random was dumb. We had plenty of time to present individual cases, we all had our own vote and voice so no one could bitch about the whole mechanic of the King and how it should be handled... and we still ended up achieving exactly squat. It's just demotivating. 

The only thing I learned from the whole thing is that i'm not staying up for deadlines anymore. So, lesson learned. :P 

I understand you are a bit annoyed with the circumstances and that you stayed up waiting for nothing but I was making a general statement as to what happens when people just come in and pile on votes at the last minute just to avoid a random. You seem to be basing you're vote on Hally from prior play and previous knowledge of her style... right ?

12 hours ago, AVM said:

Is there option 3?  Which I guess would be closer to the apathetic side, wherein the person is on a holiday weekend, spending time with their family and friends, pulls up the thread on their phone, doesn't see anything that merits an immediate response from them, and goes back to living their real life?  Because, that's what I did.  Had an awesome weekend, actually.

20 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Is there option 3?  Which I guess would be closer to the apathetic side, wherein the person is on a holiday weekend, spending time with their family and friends, pulls up the thread on their phone, doesn't see anything that merits an immediate response from them, and goes back to living their real life?  Because, that's what I did.  Had an awesome weekend, actually.

And that's fair.  I showed up for a whole 30 minutes basically the whole weekend so it's not like I'm on some OMG YOU'RE ALL HIDING quest or anything.

The greater point here is that with you and Smash not on a train that would have any shot of lynching, it's worth noting that you both showed up and didn't change.

For the record -- I'm assuming you prefer random over Hallia?