Kingmaker Mafia - Game Thread

A new day dawns.....and the passing of the Kingmaker is met with mixed emotions.  One villager in particular has been elevated to continue the work of the Kingmaker.  If that villager were to fall, could democracy come back for good?

JiF is the ghey King!  All hail the King!

It is now day.  The deadline for today is Tuesday (tomorrow) at 10am.  Let's finish this bitch this week.

It takes 1 to lynch.

Note:  mafia is not dying on JN.  This community just doesn't respond well to alternate format games.  I run alt format stuff whenever I mod, and you can see the pattern.  Clearly the solution is for me to play and not mod anymore, heh.

Message received.  No more alt format games.

48 minutes ago, AVM said:

Well while we're waiting...

@Jetsfan80 your boys going to get right today? Really hoping UNC-W and Coastal both get wins today

Congrats on making the Supers.  ECU has really been a great story this year.  Still hate you guys but its great for the rivalry, lol.

We've got our ace, Senior righty Ryan Foster, going tonight against South Carolina.  He just pitched on Friday and threw nearly 120 pitches to pick up his 13th win of the season.  But it's the only call to make, as we're out of competent starting pitchers (we used our # 3 and 4 guys in yesterday's game with SC).  It's going to be an electric atmosphere tonight.

10 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Note:  mafia is not dying on JN.  This community just doesn't respond well to alternate format games.  I run alt format stuff whenever I mod, and you can see the pattern.  Clearly the solution is for me to play and not mod anymore, heh.

It's been that way for a while...you should have known better.

That said, I'm enjoying this game.  Thanks for introducing us to it. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Congrats on making the Supers.  ECU has really been a great story this year.  Still hate you guys but its great for the rivalry, lol.

We've got our ace going tonight against South Carolina.  He just pitched on Friday and threw nearly 120 pitches.  But it's the only call to make, as we're out of competent starting pitchers (we used our # 3 and 4 guys in yesterday's game with SC).  It's going to be an electric atmosphere tonight.

Thank you sir -- will be keeping an eye on it in between work (and keeping an eye on the Texas Tech/Dallas Baptist game lol).

Oh and to be clear I want us both to make the CWS and for you to lose a painful, heartbreaking game :)

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, AVM said:

Well while we're waiting...

@Jetsfan80 your boys going to get right today? Really hoping UNC-W and Coastal both get wins today

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We've got our ace going tonight against South Carolina.  He just pitched on Friday and threw nearly 120 pitches.  But it's the only call to make, as we're out of competent starting pitchers (we used our # 3 and 4 guys in yesterday's game with SC).  It's going to be an electric atmosphere tonight.

It our year boys.  O'Sullivan is the best skipper in the NCAA and he'll get his National Championship this year. 

16 minutes ago, Verbal said:

I like the format...I hate the participation level.

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

It our year boys.  O'Sullivan is the best skipper in the NCAA and he'll get his National Championship this year. 

That series with Florida State will be pretty damn awesome, I imagine.

My national title pick is Louisville but I could easily see you guys taking it as well.

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

Oh sh*t....I'M THE MOTHER ******* KING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thoughts for the day:

Crusher -> 80 -> Smash -> Lily -> Nyn -> Decker -> Leelou -> AVM -> JC -> Lizard King

If you'd like to kill me, please spare us all and do it quickly.  I think I've offered just about all the defense I've got, but if you have specific questions, I'll answer them as best I can.

10 minutes ago, JiF said:

It's been that way for a while...you should have known better.

That said, I'm enjoying this game.  Thanks for introducing us to it. 

True, maybe that was my own unique brand of trolling you guys, heh.

11 minutes ago, gEYno said:

@Verbal

In a scenario where the King has been killed at night, does his night action still go through?

In other words, is JiF Pac's pick, or the new King's pick?

Yes, his action will still go through - the new Kingmaker has not yet chosen.

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

I saw a little of your regional and UF is just so good this year.  Given where we were just 2 years ago, to be in this position now is fantastic.  Not satisfied..want to get to the CWS for the first time and then who knows what can happen.  UF is definitely the favorite right now, and the UF-FSU super should be fun to watch (I'd still take UF in 2 games, but fun nonetheless)

• Upvote 1

Just throwing this out there:  Would it be beneficial for the new Kingmaker to announce his/her presence?  That would help us "clear" another townie, right?  The role then just gets cycled to a new townie, who could reveal again, and force scum to keep NKing him/her. 

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Just throwing this out there:  Would it be beneficial for the new Kingmaker to announce his/her presence?  That would help us "clear" another townie, right?  The role then just gets cycled to a new townie, who could reveal again, and force scum to keep NKing him/her. 

scummy post.

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That series with Florida State will be pretty damn awesome, I imagine.

My national title pick is Louisville but I could easily see you guys taking it as well.

We whipped that ass last year.  I was there.  I'd like to go again if it all falls correctly. 

• Upvote 1