Kingmaker Mafia - Game Thread

12 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

I like the format...I hate the participation level.

You realize when the Ape comes back and see's this his "I AM JETNATION MAFIA" bit will literally never, ever die...right? :rl: 

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That series with Florida State will be pretty damn awesome, I imagine.

My national title pick is Louisville but I could easily see you guys taking it as well.

Seeing some of the games Louisville has dropped vs ACC opponents (who were overrated, but that's another story) -- I'll take UF, I think.  Miami has some insanely good talent, but IDK...just not feeling it.

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Just throwing this out there:  Would it be beneficial for the new Kingmaker to announce his/her presence?  That would help us "clear" another townie, right?  The role then just gets cycled to a new townie, who could reveal again, and force scum to keep NKing him/her. 

bleh

2 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

Verbal said there's just one reserve.

Yep, this.  After the backup dies it reverts to a normal game.

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Just throwing this out there:  Would it be beneficial for the new Kingmaker to announce his/her presence?  That would help us "clear" another townie, right?  The role then just gets cycled to a new townie, who could reveal again, and force scum to keep NKing him/her. 

No, it only gets passed once per Verbal. 

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I actually advocated for this before.  It's reasonable.  It gives us today with 2 confirmed innocents (with a 3rd who could reveal) and then at least one tomorrow.  But, I also respected LeeLou's feelings on the matter early on, regarding not trying to win simply by claims.  So, not sure.

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Explain.  I see no error in my logic.  Helps shrink the pool of potential scum for the King to choose to kill, and we don't ever "lose" that town power role.

read the posts from the others.   I will not be sad if King JiF executes you soon.

@JiF  I still prefer Smash.

23 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Thoughts for the day:

Crusher -> 80 -> Smash -> Lily -> Nyn -> Decker -> Leelou -> AVM -> JC -> Lizard King

If you'd like to kill me, please spare us all and do it quickly.  I think I've offered just about all the defense I've got, but if you have specific questions, I'll answer them as best I can.

Lizzie is confirmed town I believe. 

23 minutes ago, AVM said:

You realize when the Ape comes back and see's this his "I AM JETNATION MAFIA" bit will literally never, ever die...right? :rl: 

Seeing some of the games Louisville has dropped vs ACC opponents (who were overrated, but that's another story) -- I'll take UF, I think.  Miami has some insanely good talent, but IDK...just not feeling it.

bleh

Yep, this.  After the backup dies it reverts to a normal game.

I will still shoot him with the first gun sent my way.  100% certified guarantee.  

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, AVM said:

@Verbal -- As long as the kingmaker is alive (and thus, there is a king), will game still end once town loses majority? 

Very good question.  The game will end in 2 ways:

1.  Mafia are all dead and town wins.

2.  Mafia cannot lose regardless of the state of the King (i.e. mafia will kill all townies before the townies can kill all the mafia).

On 6/3/2016 at 9:28 AM, Pac said:

I'd shoot Crush.

On 6/3/2016 at 10:30 AM, gEYno said:

It's interesting that no one has mentioned him.  At all.

On 6/3/2016 at 10:53 AM, gEYno said:

I think I may want to kill Pac.  Haven't heard a lot of good reasons not to.  BallinBP is possible and probably the prudent move at this point, but that's just so boring.

On 6/3/2016 at 11:06 AM, Pac said:

meh..  part of me wants to just get shot but to be fair I decide who decides if that tells you anything.

I should have let EgoY just shoot me.

And all you idiots calling me scum can suck it...

On 6/3/2016 at 1:35 PM, gEYno said:

Dammit @The Crusher, say it isn't so.  I don't want to do this.  I love you too much...

On 6/3/2016 at 2:06 PM, gEYno said:

The main thing was that I suspected DPR and JF80 as working together.  Something about Lily still does bother me, as I mentioned.  AVM, is looking fine at present.  Smash, as I said, always looks scummy to me, because I always disagree with his gameplay, regardless of what side, so hard for me to tell.

So, basically, the major issue regarding 80 is left at his jump to decker, which is of course contingent on decker himself... So, I'll wait.

As for Crusher:

1) Personal intuition - Kind of didn't like how nobody has really been talking about him.

2) On the wrong side of the Calder vote - Which is understandable, but he admonished DPR for the same thing that I did, not waiting (EDIT TO ADD: for reveal).  He could have had some control in the situation and not voted, as myself and JiF did, I believe.  If Crush is scum, he did exactly what I warned against happening, scum helping a small train become a majority.

3) On the wrong side of the Hallia vote - I spoke about the competing Decker train as interest in Pac/80, but Crush was also on that train.  With Pac claiming, and most of my read on 80 dealing with my feeling he was paired with DPR, the only one left is Crush.  Of course, decker could be (EDIT: guilty), but it just seems unlikely that we had the top two trains on scum day 2.  Decker reads more like a town inactive, especially with his vote placement on Hallia.

4) I agree with what Pac pointed out, he was surprisingly with the rules from how I remember him playing.  He's one of the most thoughtful guys I know IRL conversations, but in the game, he's always kinda just sat back and not overthought it.

Just looking back at the pressure I got. Something stood out.  None of these reasons are very good. I do agree 6 years ago Pac was very good at mafia. Now he blows. Just odd how i just popped up on EY's list after Pac claimed.  Might have been his alternative plan.  Honestly this not the important part. Gotta go. Got more to show on my train that bugged me.  Post it as soon as I can.

On 6/3/2016 at 6:18 PM, Smashmouth said:

So I just caught up and hope I didn't miss anything but PAC claims kingmaker and everyone just believes this ?

I hope you guys realize PAC just got a little nudge from EY and he immediately revealed and got asked one question and it was.... why pick DPR twice ? ...really ?

I think PAC knows it would be stupid for the kingmaker to counter this early in the game and he was banking on that. If PAC truly is the kingmaker he should have defended himself a bit better against EY before revealing .IMO EY's threat to kill PAC was certainly not enough to get PAC to reveal so rather than die as scum PAC figures let me deflect EY and hopefully he nails a townie.

So dumb, not sure scum or just lost town.  Honestly, starting to lean toward lost town with his follow up posts to people peppering him with questions.  

JC seems very opportunistic in my follow up.

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

So dumb, not sure scum or just lost town.  Honestly, starting to lean toward lost town with his follow up posts to people peppering him with questions.  

JC seems very opportunistic in my follow up.

At the risk of being wrong, because I'm not scrolling back, I'm pretty sure JC has been on Smash for some time now.

16 hours ago, gEYno said:

I'd like to encourage the new King to kill me immediately if they think I'm scum.  It is highly preferable to spending the day having to make the same points over and over again and now also, it seems, explain why it would be absurd for me to NK the person I was openly fighting with the entire first two days, were I scum.

This has me in a bit of a bind...on one hand, the offer makes me feel good.  The other, makes me feel like a bold move by scum.  Something I think EY would do but I've had EY in my town category for a while.  

Hmmmm.

I think my reads are reshaping in my catch up.

1. 80 - initial town read.  Null at this point.  He wasnt exactly helpful at first but was way out in front and has basically stopped trying. 

2. Leelou - town read.  Helpful, giving thoughts, asking questions.  

5. JiF - Town and King.  Suck it

6. Crushlove - beautiful and playing very lucid.  Not sure if its a change of style or scum playing very clean.

7. Lily - town read though I cant read her for sh*t. 

10. JC - leaning scum after the past few pages. 

11. Lizzy - town.

12. Nyn - town.

13. EY - was leaning town.  We were seeing the game the same.  Not sure now.  Some wifom posts that pinged but dont think I feel good enough about him either way. 

14. AVM - I cant recall a single game related post.  Seriously. 

16. Smash - has been a scum read all game but recently starting to look like lost town. 

17. Calder - is he alive or playing? Legit cant remember.  lol

18. Decker - same as above.

I got a lunch meeting and when I come back, someone will die. 

12 minutes ago, JiF said:

During my catch up, something else stood out.  AVM seems to be posting but I honestly cant remember a solid post about the game.  Just fluff about posters and ECU and everything other than this game.

Before you make your choice let me show you what I started to do. Little busy this morning but will get it done. I think AVM is scum.

25 minutes ago, JiF said:

This has me in a bit of a bind...on one hand, the offer makes me feel good.  The other, makes me feel like a bold move by scum.  Something I think EY would do but I've had EY in my town category for a while.  

Hmmmm.

Said it because as the day ended, the same stuff that I've already provided explanations for is being brought up again.

On 6/3/2016 at 2:14 PM, gEYno said:

@The Crusher Anything to say for yourself?

Until this post AVM really said nothing about me.

On 6/3/2016 at 2:15 PM, AVM said:

Solid point on the rules -- I think it was following DPR being named king again?  Don't remember another time Crush has ever questioned a setup to that extent, though...so I'd struggle to say it's scummy per say. 

Is your thought process that he was hopeful scum would get King and be in the driver seat?

Said he never remember me not bitching about a set up.  He was in Nolders game.  He was in Game of souls. I can let EY slide on this but AVM not so much.

On 6/3/2016 at 2:23 PM, The Crusher said:

Really?  I bitch about every set up I play I don't like.  I made Nolder stop his game . I  call Verbal a bastard mod years after his dumb machine of souls game. But no Crusher never bitches.  Your a clown.

I call him a clown, but not bitch clown.

On 6/3/2016 at 2:26 PM, AVM said:

Whoa big guy :P 

If I'm wrong, my bad...I've just never seen it like that.  I do know you have/had that thread re: machine of souls, but everyone hated that (I didn't play or really even follow along) and it was legit bastard modding.

The Nolder game from earlier this year? I genuinely don't remember.

Again...if I'm off base I apologize.  It seemed uncharacteristic, but like I said above I didn't think that necessarily made you scummy.

Stepping away from it a bit.  Think he is afraid to commit to it.

On 6/3/2016 at 2:28 PM, AVM said:

In retrospect my only regret is that Crush didn't call me a bitch clown instead of just a clown.

Legit LOL

On 6/3/2016 at 2:31 PM, gEYno said:

I am 50/50 on Crusher/BallinBP right now.

EY catches me up to Balling really quick. 

On 6/3/2016 at 2:37 PM, gEYno said:

This is what scares me.  If I don't take this shot, will anyone?

Literally anyone can kill BallinBP

This makes no sense at all.  Anyone can kill anyone. Reason no one may kill me because I have played a really good town game. One could say Lucid if they chose.

On 6/3/2016 at 2:39 PM, AVM said:

I think I played...but legitimately don't remember much about it.  Actually I think I was a clown fish so you may be on to something here.

No admits playing but again having confrontational amnesia.

On 6/3/2016 at 2:48 PM, AVM said:

<<< Skimmer FOS AVM

Then a series of laugh at himself post to further soften the situation.

18 minutes ago, Leelou said:

Calder is dead, Decker is still around. 

Calder was the doctor, killed day one, with 5 votes... These are the votes:

Calder (5) - Leelou, Hallia, Crusher, Lily, JC

I believe Nyn and 80 were both on the train at one point too.

20 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Here's all of 80's vc, which had crusher voting like 4 times and there were other things that were wrong with it, like Pac's missing vote. 

On 5/25/2016 at 10:37 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

Vote Count

Calder (5) - Leelou, Hallia, Crusher, Lily, JC

Hallia (3) - Calder, Ballin, Nyn

Decker (3) - Crusher, CTM, 80

Ballin (2) - AVM, Crusher

Smash (1) - JiF

80 (1) - Decker

DPR (1) - Crusher

JiF (1) - Smash

Not Voting (4) - Pac, Lily, LK, EY

With 18 alive (+ ghost Hess) it takes 1 stupid vote by DPR for a life to be snuffed out in this stupid game.

Deadline:  Whenever the f*ck DPR decides whilst sipping a martini.

abc

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, JiF said:

Hmmmm.

Not on my computer so can't pull it up right now but im pretty sure it's not the first post of his talking about just lynching him and getting it over with. I think he had a similar post when DPR was made king a second time and I think a second time around the time he wanted to sub out. Will verify later.

21 minutes ago, gEYno said:

I was on Calder. But I wanted a competing train on Halli so I moved, because i thought they were both being iffy. Would have moved back to Calder closer to deadline to achieve majority. I thought his trolling was lolcatting at that point, honestly.

4 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

Not on my computer so can't pull it up right now but im pretty sure it's not the first post of his talking about just lynching him and getting it over with. I think he had a similar post when DPR was made king a second time and I think a second time around the time he wanted to sub out. Will verify later.

I'll save you the trouble... Yes, I said the same thing re: DPR because we were going back and forth heavily.

re: subing out.  That was generally because you care about this game a lot more than I do, and I had no interest in things escalating any further on the personal level.

43 minutes ago, JiF said:

During my catch up, something else stood out.  AVM seems to be posting but I honestly cant remember a solid post about the game.  Just fluff about posters and ECU and everything other than this game.

I...disagree?  I was involved in pushing to lynch Hallia, talked through the merits of DPR's lynch the leader philosophy (EY's "statistically what makes sense" regarding if only 3 or 4 people were on the largest train), and have engaged/discussed every single day.  I always post fluff, and kept doing so during long lull's.

I was also wrong on Calder and Ballin (who I voted early on D1, then retracted but it never got uncounted so I was in the final VC).  I get that you barely paid attention too the first couple of game days, but what game are you reading? I've been less involved the last half week because we have barely had a mod around lol

18 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Until this post AVM really said nothing about me.

Said he never remember me not bitching about a set up.  He was in Nolders game.  He was in Game of souls. I can let EY slide on this but AVM not so much.

I call him a clown, but not bitch clown.

Stepping away from it a bit.  Think he is afraid to commit to it.

Legit LOL

EY catches me up to Balling really quick. 

This makes no sense at all.  Anyone can kill anyone. Reason no one may kill me because I have played a really good town game. One could say Lucid if they chose.

No admits playing but again having confrontational amnesia.

Then a series of laugh at himself post to further soften the situation.

The bold is a flat out lie -- I wasn't, and have said in this game I wasn't.  I did correct myself and say I was in Nolder's game -- which again I genuinely don't remember much about. I looked at the post count for Nol's game and I had 40 -- half of which were undoubtedly the aforementioned fluff on D1 and most of the rest were probably me saying oh shucks you guys its okay! Let's all be friends! After the end, given that everyone was upset.

The tone of my "whoa big guy" post was because it seemed like I had pissed you off, and I wasn't trying to misrepresent you.  More importantly, as I've already said at least twice this game regardless of whether you've done it before or not I wouldn't take that as something that was a scum tell.  Someone said something along the lines of "Crusher as town is more laid back," which is what caused me to have that initial response.

Sudden urgency to get me lynched and twist what I've said/how I've played is noted, though.