Kingmaker Mafia - Game Thread

3 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

80 we can still do regular Mafia votes without outing the kingmaker. We force JIF to vote with the Majority it would take to lynch at this stage. So if we have 12 alive (not sure how many are alive ATM) JIF cant kill until he gets 7 votes ? Saving the kingmaker for a later reveal that would actually help town narrow things down !

1.  It's been well established in this format town has no ability nor desire to reach a majority vote.

2.  JiF has expressed zero interest in a "traditional" approach to the king role. 

Other than that I love your plan.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

Precisely my point. I'd say Lizzie is a lot more confirmed than Pac was, in a sense. Even the night before they shot DPR and not Lizzie. 

As you suggest I could be scum and have killed DPR, shouldn't you also consider that Pac's #1 target (Crusher) was looking to silence him?

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, gEYno said:

Smash, you continue to complain about how the game has been played so far, but yet, you're the #1 target as per the king, and you've yet to make an actual case for anyone else.

Why change the subject ? Right now my intension is to get the town righted and making sound decisions once we get that worked out Ill be glad to vote on who I think is scum.

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

Why change the subject ? Right now my intension is to get the town righted and making sound decisions once we get that worked out Ill be glad to vote on who I think is scum.

JiF is one bolded vote away from your death.  Essentially you're at L-1.  If you have some "sound decisions" in mind now would be a good time to get those out there.  And there should also be some urgency on your end on who should be killed other than you.

1 minute ago, gEYno said:

As you suggest I could be scum and have killed DPR, shouldn't you also consider that Pac's #1 target (Crusher) was looking to silence him?

I'm town reading Crusher. And I'm scum reading you. So I THINK I'm going to consider that you shot him, if that's okay with you?

Just now, Smashmouth said:

By all means, keep on keeping on... I'd be a bit worried that the King just said he was in all likelihood going to kill me, but if that's less important, keep talking about how the king isn't running the day like you wanted.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

1.  It's been well established in this format town has no ability nor desire to reach a majority vote.

2.  JiF has expressed zero interest in a "traditional" approach to the king role. 

Other than that I love your plan.

well I guess in the end it will come down to JIF ...If he wants to go with the true majority vote all he has to do is ask the mod to keep the correct vote count since Verb has done it before I see no reason he would object. I think if JIF refuses it would be a very scummy play .... Bottom line is if we don't reach a majority vote JIF gets to put it all on his shoulders before the deadline .

1 minute ago, Nynaeve said:

I'm town reading Crusher. And I'm scum reading you. So I THINK I'm going to consider that you shot him, if that's okay with you?

So long as your comfortable with the logical inconsistency, go for it.

7 minutes ago, gEYno said:

So long as your comfortable with the logical inconsistency, go for it.

There is no logical inconsistency and it's not the same. First of all, Pac had the ability to choose the King. He did NOT have the ability to choose who gets lynched. So your entire point is moot. Also Pac was a PR.

Secondly, DPR was killed OVER the death of a confirmed town. IE, for some reason, it was more important to stop DPR from being King again. DPR, unlike Pac, had the ability to choose who gets lynched.

Glad we cleared that up.

3 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

well I guess in the end it will come down to JIF ...If he wants to go with the true majority vote all he has to do is ask the mod to keep the correct vote count since Verb has done it before I see no reason he would object. I think if JIF refuses it would be a very scummy play .... Bottom line is if we don't reach a majority vote JIF gets to put it all on his shoulders before the deadline .

You do realize that if we reach a unanimous vote, JiF still doesn't have to follow it, right?

8 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Smash, you continue to complain about how the game has been played so far, but yet, you're the #1 target as per the king, and you've yet to make an actual case for anyone else.

exactly what cases have you made EY ? The way this game is structured we are all playing kind of lazy in that respect . The only true case I have seen made in this game was the one Nyn made on Hally and she was correct.

I think based on our little back and forth here you have no intension of getting things straight for town and that comes off as a little scummy to me. I think its obvious I have not been to keen on your game play.

I also think PAC felt you were a little scummy after he chose you as King, and was disappointed in your vote. He made DPR king twice and probably would have repeated it. He made you once then dumped you for JIF that's not exactly a ringing endorsement not in respect to JIF but the fact he didn't stick with you.

4 minutes ago, gEYno said:

You do realize that if we reach a unanimous vote, JiF still doesn't have to follow it, right?

yep but what does that get JIF if he does not stick to it ? It gets him speed lynched the next day by any king with a brain... you think scum wants to go one for one at this stage ? Only way JIF goes against what the Majority here say is if he's actually scum himself and that will be pretty self evident or if the Majority vote is a scum mate.

22 minutes ago, gEYno said:

I actually did kill Pac for that exact reason couple game ago.  LOL.  Not this time though. Im town.

3 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

Have someone else do your dirty work, Joffrey

This King is a slave to the man, unfortunately.  Wishes he was more like his muffin top.

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

surfs up?

Not yet.  Sloppy choppy victory at season conditions now.  Hopefully tomorrow when the storm pushes through.  We had a nice little run with the Memorial day storm that was off the coast, of course I was in New York for the best of it.

So, shoot Smash?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, gEYno said:

Many of your ideas have been illogical.  Regardless of their purpose.

Agreed.  But that's kind of Smash.  It's why I started calling him blockhead and we always go at it.  He'll get ideas or illogical theories worked up, be stubborn as a bull on them but then somehow, it helps him see the game.  He does finish strong, no doubt. 

2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

I'm Captain Kirk to you're Mr. Spock sometimes a little thinking outside the box triggers some good game play but I see that's beyond the realm of you're comprehension .

rl lol

I have a counter argument ...did you even think that out ?? or did you think of it and blurt it out without much thought ? It might be something to think about for end game ( I'll give you that much) because it can narrow the field but not with as many players as we have left.

80 you can't use my style by throwing out ideas :P

The rational reason is once you kill THIS kingmaker there are no more Kingmakers this is the last one. While I see it will narrow the field THIS IS NOT THE TIME TO BE DOING THAT IMHO. IT WOULD BE MUCH MORE EFFECTIVE AT ENDGAME.

Now if you think that the Kingmaker is a bullsh*t role and does not do much for town other than causing arguments like this then by all means let him/her out themselves.

FWIW I don't think you wanted it questioned I think you wanted it implemented and are now trying to back out after making a silly suggestion

He's right. This is a town Smash post.  Not sure about his feeling toward 80 with it, but he's right.  The King is super valuable at end game.

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

Also the kingmaker should have made a confirmed townie the King ...sure Lizzie is crazy but we are sure he's town. I'm leaning town on JIF but I've been wrong before. So why would the Kingmaker gamble ? More bad play IMO

If Lizz'e was made King we could have easily made him go with the majority vote.

Agreed with this too. If Lizzy can be both. 

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

blows my mind scum killed him he was well on his way to scum MVP

even funnier Pac wanted Crush dead then he makes JIF King I mean WTF is going on here

Agree with this too.  Muffin top is the safest person in the game. lmfao

I'm not shooting Smash. 

10 minutes ago, JiF said:

This King is a slave to the man, unfortunately.  Wishes he was more like his muffin top.

Not yet.  Sloppy choppy victory at season conditions now.  Hopefully tomorrow when the storm pushes through.  We had a nice little run with the Memorial day storm that was off the coast, of course I was in New York for the best of it.

So, shoot Smash?

Honey!  not sure on Smash.  He did have a very strong reaction to attention, but he usually does. I was good at catching him awhile back but honestly Im not sure.  Yet he was your favorite so if all else fails go with your gut.  Also I did not suspect Halia at all.  Just thought Halia being Halia.  Im still wondering how the heat went off Decker.  He has done nothing and some people actually calling him town like he was vetted. 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Because even when a townie is chosen to make a decision, the trend has been for town to not really collaborate effectively.  It allows scum to hide and not have to make a decision.  And of course we run the risk of choosing scum as a king.

The one time we killed scum this game, it was a traditional lynch. 

Ping.  The first 2 lynches were the traditional model.  DRP killed based on a majority vote.  The 2nd day was a traditional model.  EY took his own liberties on what looked like another majority as well.