Kingmaker Mafia - Game Thread

31 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

If I had to pick scum out of the three I bolded in you're quote I would go with EY. While I backed his point earlier on the vote counts and the King I started to question it and got called names in return.  Majority vote counts give us information to go on and EY was trying to steer away from that. On EY's lynch/kill we got zero information and that's exactly what it takes to confuse town or get little to no information.

VCs are definitely important in my book. It's a good way to know exactly where everyone's head is at every day phase. That's why I was all for the way DPR wanted to run things. You basically get a sum up with everyone's top choice for scum on record. Where's now if I wanted to know who was everyone's number 1 suspect on D3, I'd have to sift through everyone's posts to find out. 

52 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

VCs are definitely important in my book. It's a good way to know exactly where everyone's head is at every day phase. That's why I was all for the way DPR wanted to run things. You basically get a sum up with everyone's top choice for scum on record. Where's now if I wanted to know who was everyone's number 1 suspect on D3, I'd have to sift through everyone's posts to find out. 

Ever feel like there is only 4-5 people even bothering to post?  Lynch Smash, lynch EY...nah vote the inactives...why bother playing this way?  Change the roles, set a dadline for every hour, day = 1 hour, night = 1 hour.  Time to find a new place to play.

1 minute ago, Jetscode1 said:

Ever feel like there is only 4-5 people even bothering to post?  Lynch Smash, lynch EY...nah vote the inactives...why bother playing this way?  Change the roles, set a dadline for every hour, day = 1 hour, night = 1 hour.  Time to find a new place to play.

Problem is that I don't really enjoy playing on DM anymore either so.... yeah. I thought maybe I'd try PerC. 

Just now, Jetscode1 said:

What is PerC?

Some kind of personality forums that have a mafia section. i dunno, heard about it from some friends. I mean there's also mafia universe, but it seems too competitive for my taste. 

1 minute ago, Nynaeve said:

Some kind of personality forums that have a mafia section. i dunno, heard about it from some friends. I mean there's also mafia universe, but it seems too competitive for my taste. 

Be fun if we took a personality test before we played there..then continually update based upon play style...I could market that.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

It's that whole.... introvert/extrovert personality initials sh*t... which i can never follow.

"omg, you're such a INTJ.... haha."

And I'm like.... okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay >.>

I'm impressed you remembered.  lol  we both are intj

• Upvote 1

I'd like to encourage the new King to kill me immediately if they think I'm scum.  It is highly preferable to spending the day having to make the same points over and over again and now also, it seems, explain why it would be absurd for me to NK the person I was openly fighting with the entire first two days, were I scum.

1 minute ago, gEYno said:

I'd like to encourage the new King to kill me immediately if they think I'm scum.  It is highly preferable to spending the day having to make the same points over and over again and now also, it seems, explain why it would be absurd for me to NK the person I was openly fighting with the entire first two days, were I scum.

GFY!  You should have lynched Smash when you had the chance.

3 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

I've actually thought about this. Like, what would it mean if Pac survived the night. Having such an extended night phase means I have way too much time to think lol

But I was thinking about it more in relation to what it means about who he is choosing to King, vs what it means about his claim (because I think his claim is legit). At the end of the day, the King is a tool that can be used by anyone. It isn't like a standard town PR where only town stands to benefit from using it (at which case, Scum would be working towards ridding the game from it). It's something scum can benefit from too if it ends up in the wrong hands, ie either a scum or a seriously misguided townie.

Honestly though? There's nothing to fret about. Assuming he survives, and If he is lying? He's ****ed. He's gonna get countered eventually or we're gonna get a flip of the Kingsmaker that outs him. So he would be basically cornered. I don't get why you're stressing this so bad. It's an open setup. There's literally no where to hide. So this is gonna get resolved one way or the other. 

Nyn I'm not stressing over it at all trust me. I put something out there (pac not getting NKed) that is all. If I put 10 different scenarios out there some would be viewed as stupid some would strike a chord I'll leave that up to the people playing and I honestly don't care if it makes me look scummy. My first choice for scum is EY. So Pac called me a dumb ass, great for him

On 6/3/2016 at 4:06 PM, Verbal said:

Deadline for this phase is Sunday evening at 6pm EST (due to weekend and I'm at a wedding in NY tomorrow until Sunday afternoon).

Dammit Verbal... How dare you have a life?  You made me a promise... You made me a promise.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, gEYno said:

one can say that about literally everything that occurs in the game.

Well, I was referring specifically to statements of the nature of "I clearly wouldn't do this as scum".  Because that can easily be used as a reason to totally do it. Just sayin'.

Lol, not the end of JN mafia. We say this midway through every season. Usually it happens during that game that falls over Easter, Memorial Day, or July 4th.

JiF has said JN mafia was dead ever since 80s first post in a game thread lol

Most of the frustration this game is that we can't speed lynch Verb, or anyone for that matter. We're a savage, blood thirsty bunch. 

Or something.