Kingmaker Mafia - Game Thread

On 7/27/2011 at 9:48 PM, Verbal said:

This will be a Bastard Mod game. The difficulty is within the rules of the game, and not the players involved.

I will not lie to you. I will not attempt to misdirect you. I also will not give you the clarification you might expect. If you expect to win, you will have to break the game. If you cannot manage this, you have no chance of victory. None.

Rules:

- no off-thread communication unless I have specifically given you a QT

- no quoting Mod PMs

- please bold votes and unvote before you re-vote

- night actions will occur simultaneously, unless otherwise noted by the Mod

- there will be a hammer/deadline hybrid for Day phases. At the end of the Day phase, the player with the most votes is lynched, unless the hammer is cast before that in which case the phase ends with the hammer vote.

You awake to find yourself in a huge room. There are 8 other people in this room with you. You have no idea how you got here, or what you're supposed to do.

In the middle there is a large machine - you can't seem to figure out what exactly the machine does. It is not running, and you can see 5 distinct gears on the machine that are not moving. Just looking at the thing gives you the shivers. Somehow, you know one simple fact: the gears on that machine MUST NOT TURN!!

Players:

1. Wombat

2. Smash

3. Ape

4. Crusher

5. slats

6. Pac

7. Jack

8. JiF

9. JF80

This isn't the game thread, but it's the best I could find quickly.  If there's a game thread someone feel free to bump/quote.  Like I said, I didn't play.

3 minutes ago, AVM said:

I...disagree?  I was involved in pushing to lynch Hallia, talked through the merits of DPR's lynch the leader philosophy (EY's "statistically what makes sense" regarding if only 3 or 4 people were on the largest train), and have engaged/discussed every single day.  I always post fluff, and kept doing so during long lull's.

I was also wrong on Calder and Ballin (who I voted early on D1, then retracted but it never got uncounted so I was in the final VC).  I get that you barely paid attention too the first couple of game days, but what game are you reading? I've been less involved the last half week because we have barely had a mod around lol

The bold is a flat out lie -- I wasn't, and have said in this game I wasn't.  I did correct myself and say I was in Nolder's game -- which again I genuinely don't remember much about. I looked at the post count for Nol's game and I had 40 -- half of which were undoubtedly the aforementioned fluff on D1 and most of the rest were probably me saying oh shucks you guys its okay! Let's all be friends! After the end, given that everyone was upset.

The tone of my "whoa big guy" post was because it seemed like I had pissed you off, and I wasn't trying to misrepresent you.  More importantly, as I've already said at least twice this game regardless of whether you've done it before or not I wouldn't take that as something that was a scum tell.  Someone said something along the lines of "Crusher as town is more laid back," which is what caused me to have that initial response.

Sudden urgency to get me lynched and twist what I've said/how I've played is noted, though.

No urgency. Just picked up on it during my lynch.  You did very little before then not even sure you mentioned me then when EY started talking about lynching me you seemed eager to jump in. Then backed off when I challenged it.  I thought you said you did play machine of souls. My bad on that.

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

No urgency. Just picked up on it during my lynch.  You did very little before then not even sure you mentioned me then when EY started talking about lynching me you seemed eager to jump in. Then backed off when I challenged it.  I thought you said you did play machine of souls. My bad on that.

Did you skip over the part where I say "I'd struggle to say it's scummy per say" ?

To my knowledge prior to this I don't think I'd really touched on you much...but regardless of being wrong, I was actually disagreeing that it was a scumtell.  I think I noted it was a wasted vote when Pac and whoever else buried themselves on you D1.  May have said I read you as town then, but can't remember. It was when I was bitching about people leaving their votes on worthless causes before a deadline (I distinctly remember bitching about 80 doing a very un80-like move in burying a vote on someone and disappearing to hurt chances of getting a lynch)

I'll look it up when I get a chance, but outside of that no -- I don't believe I mentioned you much.

8 minutes ago, AVM said:

Did you skip over the part where I say "I'd struggle to say it's scummy per say" ?

To my knowledge prior to this I don't think I'd really touched on you much...but regardless of being wrong, I was actually disagreeing that it was a scumtell.  I think I noted it was a wasted vote when Pac and whoever else buried themselves on you D1.  May have said I read you as town then, but can't remember. It was when I was bitching about people leaving their votes on worthless causes before a deadline (I distinctly remember bitching about 80 doing a very un80-like move in burying a vote on someone and disappearing to hurt chances of getting a lynch)

I'll look it up when I get a chance, but outside of that no -- I don't believe I mentioned you much.

No but I think you were nudging without fully committing.  Im gonna flip villager and I think you know it so you weren't going to go all in per say. 

20 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

No but I think you were nudging without fully committing.  Im gonna flip villager and I think you know it so you weren't going to go all in per say. 

I think I was on record as wanting Decker or Ballin and no one else, but I'll have to find it this evening to be sure -- without proof, fair enough

2 hours ago, gEYno said:

Said it because as the day ended, the same stuff that I've already provided explanations for is being brought up again.

Agreed.  This game is redundant from that perspective.  Just really talking out loud at this point.  Letting people hear my thought process. 

2 hours ago, gEYno said:

Calder was the doctor, killed day one, with 5 votes... These are the votes:

Calder (5) - Leelou, Hallia, Crusher, Lily, JC

I believe Nyn and 80 were both on the train at one point too.

That's right.  Thanks for posting. 

4 hours ago, JiF said:

Going to catch up real quick, didnt read the thread at all this weekend (my birthday was Sat.), and then I'll give some more reads.

I hope you had a great birthday!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Just throwing this out there:  Would it be beneficial for the new Kingmaker to announce his/her presence?  That would help us "clear" another townie, right?  The role then just gets cycled to a new townie, who could reveal again, and force scum to keep NKing him/her. 

Even after understanding that there is only one backup Kingmaker, 80 is still behind this idea. He just dropped down my list a few pegs. 

10 minutes ago, Lily said:

Even after understanding that there is only one backup Kingmaker, 80 is still behind this idea. He just dropped down my list a few pegs. 

People have been complaining all game about how this isn't regular Mafia.  I have a solution to that.  Can you expand on the issue you have with this viewpoint?

4 hours ago, gEYno said:

I actually advocated for this before.  It's reasonable.  It gives us today with 2 confirmed innocents (with a 3rd who could reveal) and then at least one tomorrow.  But, I also respected LeeLou's feelings on the matter early on, regarding not trying to win simply by claims.  So, not sure.

Don't think this would be "winning with claims".  At some point it would possibly take the power out of scum's hands to be handed the role of King, and also turn the game into regular Mafia.  That seems valuable the later we go into the game. 

2 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Towards the top of my list, but really not sure, like you.  Hard to differentiate between scum and completely illogical.

well yeah because only you're ideas count EY . Most of what I do is for reaction most of what you do is kill townies. Please push for me to get lynched

I mean what's better than 80 asking for the last kingmaker to out himself at this stage ? If that was me the thread would be filled with Dumb and Idiot and illogical comments.

Do you're thing JIF

Just now, Smashmouth said:

well yeah because only you're ideas count EY . Most of what I do is for reaction most of what you do is kill townies. Please push for me to get lynched

I mean what's better than 80 asking for the last kingmaker to out himself at this stage ? If that was me the thread would be filled with Dumb and Idiot and illogical comments.

Do you're thing JIF

No one has yet to come up with a solid counter-argument yet to my idea.  But yeah, feel free to pile on to deflect attention to me.

5 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Do you're thing JIF

Many of your ideas have been illogical.  Regardless of their purpose.

What's better than discouraging vote counts like EY was pushing ? Did any of you really think his shot would hit scum ? lol

All EY had to do was ask for a majority vote before he shot but he didn't even do that he discouraged us from making any votes at all just lay the load on him.

Brilliant .

3 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Many of your ideas have been illogical.  Regardless of their purpose.

I'm Captain Kirk to you're Mr. Spock sometimes a little thinking outside the box triggers some good game play but I see that's beyond the realm of you're comprehension .

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No one has yet to come up with a solid counter-argument yet to my idea.  But yeah, feel free to pile on to deflect attention to me.

I have a counter argument ...did you even think that out ?? or did you think of it and blurt it out without much thought ? It might be something to think about for end game ( I'll give you that much) because it can narrow the field but not with as many players as we have left.

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I have a counter argument ...did you even think that out ?? or did you think of it and blurt it out without much thought ? It might be something to think about for end game ( I'll give you that much) because it can narrow the field but not with as many players as we have left.

lol.  That's the whole reason I said it.  To have other people talk it out and see if it has merit.  Seems to me that the king format benefits scum more than town.  Those who oppose my idea strongly without providing a rational reason why it's a bad idea are scummy in my eyes.  You, Lily and JC are on that list right now.

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Pros for shooting Smash:

1) Maybe he's scum.

2) If he's town, he'll call JiF an idiot forever and provide entertainment in the dead thread.

Cons for shooting Smash:  ???

what a compelling argument ... ???

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lol.  That's the whole reason I said it.  To have other people talk it out and see if it has merit.  Seems to me that the king format benefits scum more than town.  Those who oppose my idea strongly without providing a rational reason why it's a bad idea are scummy in my eyes.  You, Lily and JC are on that list right now.

80 you can't use my style by throwing out ideas :P

The rational reason is once you kill THIS kingmaker there are no more Kingmakers this is the last one. While I see it will narrow the field THIS IS NOT THE TIME TO BE DOING THAT IMHO. IT WOULD BE MUCH MORE EFFECTIVE AT ENDGAME.

Now if you think that the Kingmaker is a bullsh*t role and does not do much for town other than causing arguments like this then by all means let him/her out themselves.

FWIW I don't think you wanted it questioned I think you wanted it implemented and are now trying to back out after making a silly suggestion