Jets OTAs June 8th.

Villain The Foe

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Suddenly???

He has already been suspended for using illegal drugs and then he takes the cops on a 145 MPH joy ride with a kid and a loaded gun in the car.

Yea, he's no problem at all.

At least he isn't Aaron Hernandez.

22 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

Ah again, sorry I am not trying to type like an English scholar on a forum for a football team, I apologize and I promise I will do better. Are you happy now?

Twice. LOL

21 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

Ah again, sorry I am not trying to type like an English scholar on a forum for a football team, I apologize and I promise I will do better. Are you happy now?

Dude, you said "teached".  

That word doesn't even exist.  For all the agony you've caused posters on this board trying to figure out which team you really (secretly) root for, and the brilliance of your evasion to all the finger-pointing, I thought you were a closet genius.  

And then you used the word "teached". 

At least he isn't Aaron Hernandez.

What does that have to do with anything?

The Pats cut his ass 20 minutes after he was arrested.

After Mo walks (for nothing) next year, the Jets need to decide if they want to sign Shelly to a long-term contract for big bucks.

Do you sign a guy to a long term contract who is one dumb decision (which he excels at) away from a 1-year suspension?

26 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Suddenly???

He has already been suspended for using illegal drugs and then he takes the cops on a 145 MPH joy ride with a kid and a loaded gun in the car.

Yeah, I said suddenly. 

I'll reserve that conversation to Jets fans. 

15 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

What does that have to do with anything?

The Pats cut his ass 20 minutes after he was arrested.

After Mo walks (for nothing) next year, the Jets need to decide if they want to sign Shelly to a long-term contract for big bucks.

Do you sign a guy to a long term contract who is one dumb decision (which he excels at) away from a 1-year suspension?

The Patriots signed Hernandez to a 40 million dollar extension a month after his first shootings. Glass houses. Don't criticize and critique the Jets when your house is the dirtiest in the league.

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Before you try to minimize your stupidity by suggesting the channel through which it was exposed is low-brow, consider the fact that you spend an inordinate amount of time here.

If Colgateman's 5 posts per day average is "inordinate," what does that make your 14 posts per day average?

5 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

I don't care about his personal life because it's his personal life and I don't know him personally in order to make such a personal comment. 

You show me how Richardson's personal decisions effected you personally , then and only then will I understand you making comments on his personal life. 

Until then, I'd suggest people stop being such the critic when it comes to people's personal life that they have no clue about. 

It effects his teammates if Goodell hands down a suspension. In todays NFL you don'tneed to be convicted od a crime to get suspended.

6 hours ago, Joe Jets fan said:

I must have missed it, can you link where he was charged or convicted of endangering the welfare of a child or possession of a weapon in that case?

Do you follow the NFL at all??

You don't need to be convicted of crimes to be suspended in roger Goodell's NFL

2 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

Suddenly???

Heavens to Murgatroid! Illegal drugs! Oh noes!!!

Since his suspension, he's been subject to a minimum of three random tests a month, and he's remained clean. He promises to keep that up, and his actions so far back that up. Plus, he's a kickass football player. 

And Aaron Hernandez extends his thanks for getting cut so quickly, as it enabled him to keep all his bonus money. And really, who deserves it more? 

7 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Lots of faith in 'he will be just fine' when he is coming off two bad years, has gotten the shi* kicked out of him and his mechanics are a mess.  Just what is a young Qb supposed to bring to the table when getting drafted in the 2nd round?  He's a far worse looking prospect coming into this league than Geno smith or Sanchez before him.

He'll get his year or probably two years so no worries there.  I just hope to heck that the Jets attitude is not 'we have to give this guy a few years' while passing up potentially better prospects in the next few years.

How is a QB, Lynch, who never threw a pass in college in a pro offense, played a weak conference, never ran a huddle, took a snap under center, never had to check off, call an audible or read a defense a potentially better QB than someone who when in a pro offense excelled? One who you have to hope can learn the pro game, the other who already has.  

BTW, watching NFLN around NFL camps and Kupiak said that Lynch is up and down, struggling like a rookie.  So much for the nonsense that he looks so much better, so different than Hackenberg.  

Heavens to Murgatroid! Illegal drugs! Oh noes!!!

Since his suspension, he's been subject to a minimum of three random tests a month, and he's remained clean. He promises to keep that up, and his actions so far back that up. Plus, he's a kickass football player. 

And Aaron Hernandez extends his thanks for getting cut so quickly, as it enabled him to keep all his bonus money. And really, who deserves it more? 

Seriously slats?

First off, Shelly is a great football player, love to have the guy on the Pats.

The guy is one strike away from a 1-year suspension.

Great that he has been clean 3 times a month, but it will only take one slip up and he is screwed.

My original post, after Mo walks away for nothing, is he worth a long-term contract from the Jets?

It's all about risk versus reward.

The guy is a very good football player.

3 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

How many players are one concussion or one bad injury away from retirement?

Those are things that can't be controlled but "one strike" is at least preventable.

3 minutes ago, jetrider said:

How many players are one concussion or one bad injury away from retirement?

Those are things that can't be controlled but "one strike" is at least preventable.

Good answer.

2 hours ago, jetrider said:

If Colgateman's 5 posts per day average is "inordinate," what does that make your 14 posts per day average?

Irrelevant.

I'm not insulting the forum as a means of defending being stupid. He is.

Also, amounts of posts doesn't necessarily correlate to amount of time spent here. 

1 hour ago, PatsFanTX said:

Seriously slats?

First off, Shelly is a great football player, love to have the guy on the Pats.

Great that he has been clean 3 times a month, but it will only take one slip up and he is screwed.

My original post, after Mo walks away for nothing, is he worth a long-term contract from the Jets?

It's all about risk versus reward.

The guy is a very good football player.

Dead serious. I think the guy was humbled by the whole ordeal, with the speeding/gun/kid thing on the heels of his suspension. I think he was embarrassed. He let his teammates and, more importantly, his family down. I believe that he's 100% sincere when he says that he will not screw up again. There's no evidence that he's a bad guy, and over a year of clean drug tests suggests that he's capable of getting that under control. IMHO, the Josh Gordons are rare. A person of average intelligence can quit smoking weed for a few years to make $100M. 

I think Richardson is a better player than Wilkerson -as much as I love Mo, too- and I'd be more than willing to take the risk on him. And I think once I do, I'll be rewarded. 

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Irrelevant.

Also, amounts of posts doesn't necessarily correlate to amount of time spent here. 

You know that's a sentence fragment? You are quite the dumbass, you should go back to school and learn some English.

1 minute ago, Colgateman said:

You know that's a sentence fragment? You are quite the dumbass, you should go back to school and learn some English.

Well done. I give you credit for at least being able to volley back.

These other numbnuts offer no sport at all. 

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Dont bother you cant fix stupid. 

another sick burn... and this time with unintentional irony... yowza... you're on top of your game today... i foresee at least 12 hours of life validation in your future

43 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Irrelevant.

Not totally, but it certainly establishes a minimum.  

He's been here nearly 5 months and averages 5 posts per day. You've been here almost 9 years and average over 14 posts a day!

Fourteen posts per day for 9 freakin' years! But his time here is "inordinate." He has 768 brief posts to your 47,454 monotonies. 

What other time-related stats do you need to further prove your hypocrisy? 

3 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

That effected you personally? 

If not then why even write this? 

Why are you so concerned if Sheldon's actions somehow affected me?

Who gives a $h!+ about me? I'm talking how the Jet organization, fans  and his teammates get screwed if he's suspended by Goodell.

I think we've maxed this conversation out VF.

You like the whole Sheldon package and think he is a straight up guy.

I'm wary of his attitude and I think it's going to be tough to sign him to a reasonable LT deal.

Time will determine this one.

3 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

That effected you personally? 

If not then why even write this? 

Who gives a $h!+ about me? I'm talking how the Jet organization, fans  and his teammates get screwed if he's suspended by Goodell.

I'm wary of his attitude and I think it's going to be tough to sign him to a reasonable LT deal.

8 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Not interested in you changing the subject. You read this hours ago. You were better off not even responding.

Hackenberg looking like exactly what we thought he was. There's no Penn St. garbage to blame it on now. These accuracy issues are simply unbelievable for a 2nd Round QB. It would be an amazing turnaround for him to become an NFL starting QB. 

Seemed like a positive day for the defence. Delighted the guys we're hoping step up - Milliner, Mauldin, Lee, Jenkins etc. - Seem to be making plays. Really think that unit could be special and it would be a shame to have to spoiled by an incompetent QB. I'm not saying that's what Geno is, but it's certainly what he's been. Seemed to be a rough day and even his supposed "recovery" involved plays that would have been sacks. Classic him. 

Good day for Fitzpatrick. 

12 hours ago, jetrider said:

Not totally, but it certainly establishes a minimum.  

He's been here nearly 5 months and averages 5 posts per day. You've been here almost 9 years and average over 14 posts a day!

Fourteen posts per day for 9 freakin' years! But his time here is "inordinate." He has 768 brief posts to your 47,454 monotonies. 

What other time-related stats do you need to further prove your hypocrisy? 

It would only be hypocrisy if I were saying this site is filled with stupid, so it's okay for me to be stupid too, but I'm not. How do you not understand this?

My post count is largely driven by playing teh mafia goodness. I love this site, love wasting time here, and have said often that it is the smartest Jets site of the bunch. So, for me to have more posts than  him is completely irrelevant. 

How much time do you want to invest in an argument you lost the minute you started?

2 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Hackenberg looking like exactly what we thought he was. There's no Penn St. garbage to blame it on now. These accuracy issues are simply unbelievable for a 2nd Round QB. It would be an amazing turnaround for him to become an NFL starting QB. 

LMAO at this nonsense after a couple of OTAs. Typical pathetic SOJF whining. 

Archived