Sexy Time Mafia - Game Thread

Gone

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Hallia said:

If that's what it was like there, they would hate me. I'm sh*te at composed, thoughtful posts.

don't mind the vote, but where's that confidence in that vote coming from?

12 minutes ago, Hallia said:

Your flippy-floppy, happy to do whatever, don't care who dies attitude mostly.  And Nolder.  He makes the good points.

you pretty much repeated what he said, it's not like nolder's view is unique.

2 hours ago, Nolder said:

Where do you want me to go? I made my case and stand by my vote. I've been grilled by Ben for like 10 pages for it so it's not my fault I'm posting a lot (Bond spam aside). I could tell him to **** off but I think I'd be judged harsher for that than tearing apart his bad arguments for why we shouldn't lynch Decker.

I'd argue I've done far more playing than you so far. I realize you have an excuse but you're tossing stones in a glass house here so I'll call you on it if you're going to push a narrative that I'm not doing anything.

Ben could be scum with you and just making a scene, him with the contrarian 'decker is most definitely town [insert bravado]' so that others get distracted and don't unite onto a different wagon

your argument with him about me seemed like it went on for hours, and then it repeated again...

5 hours ago, D P R said:

Smash has been one of the lowest count posters since I've been back - no question. And, it does seem like he's been scum back to back, but I'd have to go back and look at that to verify. So I'm asking what his tells to you are other than low-posting? 

not sure if you realize this but in the last game when I claimed Doc I was second in post count until I died. I'm not sure where you guys get this sh*t. Also I was scum like 3 games in a row

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

Ben (5): Crusher, DPR, Smash, AVM, Dicker

Smash (2): Ben, JC

Dicker (2): Nolder, Hallia

AVM (2): 80, Leelou

Not voting (2): JiF, Ape

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline:

blu_1468008000.png

8 hours ago, Nolder said:

Where do you want me to go? I made my case and stand by my vote. I've been grilled by Ben for like 10 pages for it so it's not my fault I'm posting a lot (Bond spam aside). I could tell him to **** off but I think I'd be judged harsher for that than tearing apart his bad arguments for why we shouldn't lynch Decker.

I'd argue I've done far more playing than you so far. I realize you have an excuse but you're tossing stones in a glass house here so I'll call you on it if you're going to push a narrative that I'm not doing anything.

Easy there Tex, I just said you weren't really going anywhere - I didn't say you weren't playing. 

10 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

Smash is more dangerous, Ben is low hanging fruit, and Ape knows better.

^^^ this post is digusting

I just told you it's a null tell, because it is. Smash refuses to reveal at L1 all the time, no matter his alignment. So, if anyone should know better, it's you. You've now made a push against me and Smash, and in both cases have assembled your accusation devoid of well-establish meta. 

Smash isn't someone I consider dangerous either. Personally, I know enough about Smash's play to know that I'll figure him out after a day or two. Ben, on the other hand, is an unknown variable. No established meta is more dangerous in the context of a JN game, where the rest of us know each other.

Also, this is yet another subtle attempt to pull my focus off of Ben, just like you did earlier. It's like you're trying to connect Smash and I, just because I didn't pile on the baseless Smash run-up (which is something I never, EVER do on D1 - I always work D1 my way, and shrug off the stupid things the rest of you do).

So, what's your angle here?

10 hours ago, D P R said:

Why? And why try to draw Ape into the picture? He's saying what I was thinking.

Share your mojo on Smash so we have something to go on.

Exactly. I don't understand why he's trying to create a correlation between me and Smash. In both cases ignoring our meta.

Also, Ben is not "low hanging fruit". All of the early votes on him were joke votes because of his ghey post. But when he started leveraging a plan, he brought attention to himself.

Even my initial vote on him was a joke, but then I fortified it as real by posting a case based on a few later posts from him. So yea... JC is exaggerating this. DPR is town, or playing a helluva game of puppet the Ape. Either way... *tips cap*

Smash always has a low post count early...when scum he tries to ride the sybian with low moans...last game he was scum...I moved off him and regretted it...since then, I just ride him like a $2 ho.

So, he was scum last game and "since then" which would be basically this game... you "ride him", except you were on me earlier no? So in actuality, you haven't ridden him at all. This is a little white lie, my friend. 

You've become laughably bad at scum hunting. So it's creating a wifom for me... what you are doing feels like farce propagated by scum, but could be an honest effort to scum hunt for you. Ugh, why did you have to become so awkward at playing? I am squarely 50/50 on you right now.

Smash has been one of the lowest count posters since I've been back - no question. And, it does seem like he's been scum back to back, but I'd have to go back and look at that to verify. So I'm asking what his tells to you are other than low-posting? 

Exactly. All I've seen JC do so far is referencing Smash's null behavior. Not scum tells.

If Smash would have revealed I would have moved on, given history and all that...instead he dug in his heels.   I can be wrong here but he's not making it easy.

My turn...who is scummier?

Leelou versus AVM.

Crusher versus JiF.

80 versus Decker.

I feel like you are cratering on Smash, so as to avoid having the game open up to more inquisition. Let's just camp out on the guy who wouldn't reveal after being run up for a joke train, even though not revealing is more about his personality, than his alignment... then nothing is learned D1. 

I dunno man. I'm glad to see you playing out in front, it's good when others do that - instead of me. My hangup is that your casing is kind of lazy, and you're ignoring some pretty cut-and-dry meta and logic.

Anyway, your answers (even though you didn't ask me).

AVM. 

Null. Crusher is on holiday, no? JIF is avoiding taking much of a position, he's playing like a coward. I haven't paid attention much to recent games, not sure where he's at with regard to interest level in teh mafia goodness... both need to do more here.

Decker. I think 80 is doing what he's done a lot as town the past few games, which is making declarative statements about who he thinks is town. I don't subscribe to the approach the way he uses it, but it has made him a better player. At least he's not just purposefully ruining games like he used to. Decker to me feels like he's playing up the apathy about his role act after he pinged me early. Like a "just don't over-defend against Ape, and he'll find a shiny object and move on" whisper was put in his ear.

FNG...fukking new guy...I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on Day 1...also we need more new blood here.

While I agree with this, and I like that he's put himself out there. I don't see there being any viable reason not to fully explore his behavior. So, while we may as a group decide to invoke the "don't lynch the new guy on D1" unwritten rule, there's no reason for you to be admonishing the scum hunting others are doing regarding Ben's play. You have to understand that it comes across as though you are trying to deflect things from him. I have to hope if you were scum mates, you wouldn't be that stupid, but I dunno with you lately...

9 hours ago, Nolder said:

I will second this. DPR is piggybacking the Ape (stop blowing into my ears, you creep). You have indeed engaged Ben, so you gets points for participation there. It's not your fault that it was the written equivalent to you lighting each other's farts on fire... 

7 hours ago, deckerfan said:

Ben could be scum with you and just making a scene, him with the contrarian 'decker is most definitely town [insert bravado]' so that others get distracted and don't unite onto a different wagon

your argument with him about me seemed like it went on for hours, and then it repeated again...

Could just mean dumb brains, in stereo.

7 hours ago, deckerfan said:

Mmm I can see the argument, mostly because it's a plan I have seen many times before, but I'd argue it's a pretty sh*tty plan on D1 where everyone is just looking for any excuse to vote someone. If the town decides that my arguments are meritless or that it's odd that Ben is defending you so hard it could easily end in a lynch for one of us. That said I'm confident in my assessment of you so far and if that backfires into my own lynch then so be it.

1 hour ago, D P R said:

Easy there Tex, I just said you weren't really going anywhere - I didn't say you weren't playing. 

Fair enough. I was pumped up from arguing with Ben all day and was being overly combative, my b

30 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Also, this is yet another subtle attempt to pull my focus off of Ben, just like you did earlier.

I don't think he's being subtle about it.

8 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Let's see what the new guy does at L1.

If anyone else, other than Jetscode, believes we should give him a D1 pass for being "new", then say so now.

I am giving him a D1 pass. Otherwise I would have voted him awhile ago.

14 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

Another day, another vodka, and a Jambalaya cooking on the stove top.

I've tried my hand at making a pot, one of my least successful cooking endeavors.

13 hours ago, Lily said:

Don't want to distract from the game, but I wanted to let you all know the surgery went well, and I'm recovering nicely. 

Carry on...

Awesome!!!

12 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

AVM didn't even offer up an excuse.  He just dropped a vote on Ben for no reason whatsoever. 

Probably the most damning thing (which Ape points out in the most recent posts) is that I'm voting for a first time player when I'm the champion of not killing first timers, folks who were killed on D1 the previous game, the last games mod, or apparently anyone other than Pac.

Smash is Smash, who is playing like he has played all season...though in fairness he's basically been scum (or thought he was scum) all season.  I jumped on the 2nd longest bandwagon to see what happened.  I did think the JC/Ape fake hammer was interesting, but hard to gauge either quite yet.  Smash probably gives more info and I'll likely jump back there after Ben reveals.

In complete honesty, I'm just not very active yet.  It's been a busy week, and after I finished working (which was after my 5/6PM posts, or somewhere around there) it was so late I honestly just didn't feel like logging on.  I am going to make a real effort to participate going forward.

11 hours ago, D P R said:

He's saying 4 or 5 straight, I think, counting my game where there were factions (which is fair).  He was scum with Leelou and I the game before that and I recall him saying he was scum again or something to that effect...so without a formal check, seems at least somewhat legit.

That in and of itself doesn't change the odds of him being scum this game, though.  And I feel like the game I was scum with him he was pretty high up in post count total when defending/arguing his case.

11 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

If Smash would have revealed I would have moved on, given history and all that...instead he dug in his heels.   I can be wrong here but he's not making it easy.

My turn...who is scummier?

Leelou versus AVM.

Crusher versus JiF.

80 versus Decker.

Bold -- that's a good point.

AVM

Not enough data

Decker...80 seems a little extra aggressive, feel pretty good on him

Aaaaaaand I basically copied the Ape there. Not intentionally, but nevertheless...

16 hours ago, AzureBen said:

If you want to cut in, what does C/D mean and is it anything important?

Cut in?  I'm not allowed to play?

16 hours ago, AzureBen said:

I answered your question. It at the very least gives a teammate a chance to use their power, which could be very important for scum.

What are you talking about?  What power?  A townie for a scum member is an even trade, especially on D1, no matter the scenario.  Your logic is terrible. 

You realize you're literally saying that we shouldnt kill scum, right? 

12 hours ago, D P R said:

That's a never-ending rabbit hole.

Leelou is scummier than all of them. She's got her cavalier 'tude on which means she's on one team or another.

Crusher says he's at the beach and JiF has barely posted. I got no reason to think Crush is not at the beach and JiF was one o the players I was talking about having not started playing yet.

80 is pinging me more than Decker, but not enough to make me want to take my vote off of Ben. I got null on Decker.

That's kind of meta in and of itself - a need for new blood is mutually exclusive to this game, but I get it. 

Talk about hypocrisy.  You havent even posted till this morning.

I questioned the bird guy for 4 hours yesterday but I'm not playing?  

Weird

12 hours ago, Nolder said:

You dont have to argue.  It's fact.  He hasnt done sh*t but has the audacity to call other out for their activity?  Unreal

Archived