Bowles thinks these Jets are more mature

Jetster

This team just looks much more business like. Have you seen how they've just gotten down to business. As soon as Fitz walked in the door they went to work. Marshall looks like he's 5 years younger for gods sakes, the guy is in tremendous shape! Decker too. People are saying Powell looks quicker (he was pretty damn quick last year). Enunwas built like a stud & is putting in the extra work with Amaro who looks like he's in much better shape than when my nephew worked camp when he came in as a rookie. 

Leo is turning heads with increased strength & off season work, Henderson is now 2 years sober which I'm sure feels like a new lease on life. He was an excellent player before his trevails & he's become David Harris best friend. Pryor is taking Middlleton under his wing & praising Jalin Marshall. Lee says he's already been humbled & knows how much he needs to learn, Jenkins is already balling & looks like a fast learner. 

The young pups are all getting reps on the Oline with Carpenter & Breno out. Folk is knocking through 58 yarders, our new punter is getting some 5 second hang times & crushed a 70 yard punt. Guys are flying around with big smiles on their faces. Genos not pouting & looks like a legit professional backup QB learning his craft. OMG we look like a legitimate professional NFL football franchise! These guys actually like each other! They respect & seem to like their coaches. We have a slew of self motivated veterans for the youngsters to follow at every level of this football team. Mo, Harris, Revis on defense. Marshall, Decker, Forte, Mangold on offense. I can Clady being another leader if he rounds into form & stays healthy, the guys a legitimate Pro Bowl left tackle.

If you look at all of the guys Macc has drafted or brought in via free agency or as UDFAs they were all hard working hustling types. Mauldin, Reilly, Lee, Bishop, Catapano, Bohanon, McClendon, Jenkins, Burris, Carter, Vander Laan, Anderson. Bowles has the type of guys he wants to go to war with & the Vets are leading the way in this 2nd year under this regime with a better understanding of the offense & the defensive schemes. Continuity wins football games, especially if it includes a lot of talent.

10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The sleeper team in the AFC remember I said it

I think that teams on the schedule understand that this year will be no walk in the park. The Jets are well coached. The Jets are hungry, faster and very talented. The O will play mis match football and constantly beat the over matched defenders.

26 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

If this team was as mature as stated, why did they have to wait until Fitzpatrick walked in the door to get down to business ?  All in how you see a thing  .

I don't get what you mean? REAL CAMP started 4 days ago & Fitz was 3 seconds late & they all went to work. I use to go to every single camp at Hofstra. The only "business like" camps I remember had one Mr. Bill Parcells running them. Rex rode a free agent top heavy veteran team with one of the best Olines I've ever seen opening holes so big that a guy as slow as Thomas Jones was making 80 yard runs. 

Todd Bowles has imparted his way on this team & they're all buying in & you can see the youngsters working hard, asking questions, getting in line & acting like pros. The QBs a fun guy but he's a professional. He's not putting gay unicorns on Chan Gaileys computer or wiping boogies on Genos sleeve. This team looks to be a tightly knit group with every single player buying into hard work, learning the playbook, putting in extra work, and coming to camp in shape. 

Im sorry that I'm actually optimistic about the upcoming season regardless of the schedule. This league doesn't have dynasties anymore. The Steelers gave up 73 points last year to Oakland & Arizona, the Seahawks lost to the Rams twice & beat Dallas by 1 point, the Cards scored 39 points on them. The Chiefs lost to the Bears last year (anything can happen,lol).

I think the team is strong and has improved in many areas. My concern is the O line. Clady didn't seem too optimistic in the post article today although if he stays healthy I think he'll be solid. If the Jets get banged up on the line they could be in trouble otherwise I'm very optimistic about a shot at the playoffs this year 

I think every person in that locker room knows what they left on the field week 17, and this doesn't strike me as a group that will seek out moral victories to distract from the disappointment.

instead, I think they embrace the failure as a unifying motivator.

If we can start the season 3-1, we will go the distance. All we need is self confidence. Win against Bengals, Bills and Seahawks and this will propell us to division title. Oh, we are sweeping the Pats this year. Those Massholes should better be ready. 

PS: Yeah I had a few beers before posting this but who cares... Jets baby!!

27 minutes ago, C Mart said:

In two seasons of player moves under McCagnan/Bowles regime the only questionable character guy they have brought aboard (FA, trades, draft) is BMarshall. Unless I'm missing someone. 

And B Marshall has become one of my favorite Jets.  He wants to win and win badly and I can't ask anymore than that.

IMO Marshall has been good here and great for this team!!!!

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

I don't get what you mean? REAL CAMP started 4 days ago & Fitz was 3 seconds late & they all went to work. I use to go to every single camp at Hofstra. The only "business like" camps I remember had one Mr. Bill Parcells running them. Rex rode a free agent top heavy veteran team with one of the best Olines I've ever seen opening holes so big that a guy as slow as Thomas Jones was making 80 yard runs. 

Todd Bowles has imparted his way on this team & they're all buying in & you can see the youngsters working hard, asking questions, getting in line & acting like pros. The QBs a fun guy but he's a professional. He's not putting gay unicorns on Chan Gaileys computer or wiping boogies on Genos sleeve. This team looks to be a tightly knit group with every single player buying into hard work, learning the playbook, putting in extra work, and coming to camp in shape. 

Im sorry that I'm actually optimistic about the upcoming season regardless of the schedule. This league doesn't have dynasties anymore. The Steelers gave up 73 points last year to Oakland & Arizona, the Seahawks lost to the Rams twice & beat Dallas by 1 point, the Cards scored 39 points on them. The Chiefs lost to the Bears last year (anything can happen,lol).

No need to be sorry about how you feel . I have been a Jet fan for a long time, and our downfall has always been the same thing. We have no QB who we can get behind and push towards what we all really want. I enjoyed the winning under Parcells Edwards and Ryan. I want something more, and it's the opportunity to have a real shot at the championship.  I don't believe we have that today, and in my opinion  if that's not the goal, then we're spitting in the win.                         

Archived