Path cleared for Geno to become a Cowboy

johnnyjet

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Lol whats worse is the hate for a Jets player who has done NOTHING WRONG to fans or teammates and this sh*t continues.........

You can argue the hate is overboard, but nothing wrong? Lol.

4 minutes ago, johnnyjet said:

He stiffed a teammate $600'bucks, gave the fans the bird, and can't tell time on the west coast. Oh and he sucks

Don't forget inspiring the scene from "Draft Day" where the prospect threatens to walk out of the draft for slipping. What's wrong with that? lol

A source told ESPN's Adam Schefter that Foles now has a couple options, with one being Dallas, and a decision is likely Wednesday or Thursday. The Minnesota Vikings are also thought to be interested in Foles. Pat Shurmur is the tight ends coach for the Vikings, and he worked with Foles in Philly.

The Kansas City Chiefs also are interested in Foles.

the jets would be nuts to trade or cut Geno.  He is the bridge to petty/hackenberg

Just now, Larz said:

A source told ESPN's Adam Schefter that Foles now has a couple options, with one being Dallas, and a decision is likely Wednesday or Thursday. The Minnesota Vikings are also thought to be interested in Foles. Pat Shurmur is the tight ends coach for the Vikings, and he worked with Foles in Philly.

The Kansas City Chiefs also are interested in Foles.

the jets would be nuts to trade or cut Geno.  He is the bridge to petty/hackenberg

He's also the only backup QB on the roster with NFL experience. 

If Geno finishes 2016 as a Jet, I would not fall off of my chair to see him sign with the Cowboys as a FA.  If that happens, the Jets receive nothing in return.

But teams in the playoff hunt want need a capable backup QB.  Geno is one who could likely get signed next year to compete for a starting job.  It is not worth trading him this year for a future pick and then tank the 2016 season if Fitz gets hurt.

Now if the Cowboys wanted to send over someone who plays T, that could be interesting.

If Petty was put on the PS, it would be because he is not a viable player this year.  I don't know how many teams put someone like that on their active roster, particularly if Petty basically takes Richardson's spot and is put on the PS after the season started and rosters were set.  

The better trade with the Cowboys would be for the Jets to send an extra DL in return for one of the Cowboys extra OL.

19 minutes ago, jets rooter said:

no doubt that geno is dealt.with one year left on his contract.going to the cowboys makes sense.

Not saying it can't happen but several things would need to happen. Cowboys would probably need to offer a 4th or better as not worth giving up insurance policy on a win-now team for any less than that. For that price, the Cowboys would probably require an extension signed at same time. If I was Geno, my goal would be to get into FA and sign a 1 year bet on myself type of contract for a team where you're pretty much assured a chance to start, meaning he could kill the deal by refusing to negotiate. To do the deal Jets would also need to feel pretty comfortable they can go get another veteran as our #2, for a price below what they gain in the Geno trade and with our cap up against the wall.

Again not saying impossible, but I don't see all of the above (maybe any of the above) happening.

15 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I actually agree here.  Let Geno play out his cheap contract and provide a buffer between Fitz and Hackenberg/Petty.  Carrying 4 QB's isn't the end of the world.

Especially when you consider how Dee Milliner has been completely wasting a roster spot for his entire tenure with the team. 

So to sum this whole tread up, Geno Smith isn't good enough to play for the NY Jets, but He's not only good enough to warrant the Dallas Cowboys wanting him as their back up QB and giving up some sort of draft pick for  ?  This must be why people say that NY fans are some of the most knowledgeable  sports fans .

That is all .

Foles is signing with the Chiefs. And rumors are that Dallas wants McCown but the Browns might not be interested in trading him. So that could lead a path to Geno. Jimmy Clausen who has had tryouts with several teams is still available. The Cowboys drafted a rookie they reportedly like but not enough probably to start if Romo goes down again. 

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

Foles is signing with the Chiefs. And rumors are that Dallas wants McCown but the Browns might not be interested in trading him. So that could lead a path to Geno. Jimmy Clausen who has had tryouts with several teams is still available. The Cowboys drafted a rookie they reportedly like but not enough probably to start if Romo goes down again. 

What about Glennon

Archived