Penn State to honor Joe Paterno

AFJF

12 hours ago, long suffering jets fan said:

In almost 45 years the man had a spotless record.  It is reported that an alleged Sandusky victim told him something was going on and was rebuffed.  The charge was never proven, yet he was tried in the press and they continue to tear him down.  This is the state of the media in this country,  don't let due process stand in the way of a good story.  I agree that it would be easier for the Penn State Paterno devotee's to just drop it, but I think they believe a misjustice was done here. 

So your saying probably the most powerful man at Penn State especially when it involved anything to do with that football team didn't know what was going on - umm okay. 

He tried to cover for a friend , a friend that turned out to be a despicable man which in my eyes makes both of them despicable . 

13 hours ago, long suffering jets fan said:

Why?  Because I believe in the law and that people shouldn't be tried in the media.  Plenty of people went and reported Sandusky's crimes to the authorities, so I don't believe that was the case here.  The case against Joe Paterno however is just heresay.  I hope that if something about you that is untrue gets out in the media that you'll have an opportunity to defend yourself.  

so in your mind, the authorities knew, but Joe didn't ?  I could post all the damning evidence to dispute you but its too dark and creepy. 

On 9/3/2016 at 7:35 AM, Kleckineau said:

He died without a chance to explain clarify or defend himself.

We will never know for certain what he did or didnt know.

Whether he was complcit or not his name unfortunately will always evoke bad memories of PSU football.

Does Brady know BB cheats?? He knew..

On 9/3/2016 at 7:35 AM, Kleckineau said:

He died without a chance to explain clarify or defend himself.

We will never know for certain what he did or didnt know.

Whether he was complcit or not his name unfortunately will always evoke bad memories of PSU football.

Thatsbeing kind.  Clearly he knew something was going on

13 hours ago, long suffering jets fan said:

Why?  Because I believe in the law and that people shouldn't be tried in the media.  Plenty of people went and reported Sandusky's crimes to the authorities, so I don't believe that was the case here.  The case against Joe Paterno however is just heresay.  I hope that if something about you that is untrue gets out in the media that you'll have an opportunity to defend yourself.  

Do you think that the police in State College -- in the entire state of PA -- would NOT have gone to Joe Paterno FIRST with information that one of his assistants had been accused of a sex crime?  I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist, but I think that the cover up of these allegations went far beyond the PSU athletics department.  I think that a lot of important and powerful people chose to ignore rumors or evidence that pointed to trouble at PSU over the years.  I think a number of these same people actually knew what was going on and kept silent about it.   Maintaining the reputation and prestige of Penn State, especially of its legendary football program and coach, was more important than people's lives.

12 minutes ago, HDKostempski said:

Do you think that the police in State College -- in the entire state of PA -- would NOT have gone to Joe Paterno FIRST with information that one of his assistants had been accused of a sex crime?  I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist, but I think that the cover up of these allegations went far beyond the PSU athletics department.  I think that a lot of important and powerful people chose to ignore rumors or evidence that pointed to trouble at PSU over the years.  I think a number of these same people actually knew what was going on and kept silent about it.   Maintaining the reputation and prestige of Penn State, especially of its legendary football program and coach, was more important than people's lives.

if you read the unsealed court documents and testimony under oath, they all say they heard about abuse but didn't see it directly.  Opponents even heard about it.  I'm sure recruits knew. 

Joe ran that town.  0.00% chance the authorities knew and he didn't.  0.00

Freeh report

The report by a special investigative group headed by former FBI director Louis Freeh had been commissioned by the Penn State Board of Trustees. After interviewing over 400 people and reviewing over 3.5 million documents, the crux of the report's findings, which were released July 12, 2012, state:

Taking into account the available witness statements and evidence, the Special Investigative Counsel finds that it is more reasonable to conclude that, in order to avoid the consequences of bad publicity, the most powerful leaders at the University — Spanier, Schultz, Paterno and Curley — repeatedly concealed critical facts relating to Sandusky's child abuse from authorities, the University's Board of Trustees, the Penn State community, and the public at large.[98]

that's some sloppy journalism right there.  Poor Joe. He is the victim if you think about it.

5 minutes ago, FloridaJetsFan said:

And yet - a bunch of you Catholics still go to mass every Sunday and contribute when they pass the hat. Hypocrite much?

Why do people feel like they have to falsely equivocate terrible actions with other terrible actions? Does that make you feel less terrible about either situation? It serves no purpose at all. It's actually fairly unintelligent and lacks empathy for the victims of either situation. 

14 minutes ago, Larz said:

what does that have to do with anything ?

It has to do with the demonization of PSU and the inherent hypocracy of those who throw stones at PSU, but still attend Catholic mass weekly. It was (and in the Catholic Church's case - may very well still be) institutionalized acceptance and covering up actions by a smarmy few. That's not to say Pope John Paul actually had first hand knowledge of wrong doing, but he's the head guy of that institution. I'm not a Penn State grad or fan, but I see alot folks bashing them for actions that occurred long ago and whatever you may "think" Joe may or may not have known, the same could be said about the Catholic religion. Just trying to give, what I think, is a very similar situation for perspective - that's all.

21 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Why do people feel like they have to falsely equivocate terrible actions with other terrible actions? Does that make you feel less terrible about either situation? It serves no purpose at all. It's actually fairly unintelligent and lacks empathy for the victims of either situation. 

Sorry to have offended you.

40 minutes ago, FloridaJetsFan said:

It has to do with the demonization of PSU and the inherent hypocracy of those who throw stones at PSU, but still attend Catholic mass weekly. It was (and in the Catholic Church's case - may very well still be) institutionalized acceptance and covering up actions by a smarmy few. That's not to say Pope John Paul actually had first hand knowledge of wrong doing, but he's the head guy of that institution. I'm not a Penn State grad or fan, but I see alot folks bashing them for actions that occurred long ago and whatever you may "think" Joe may or may not have known, the same could be said about the Catholic religion. Just trying to give, what I think, is a very similar situation for perspective - that's all.

look into the FBI report.  it is not my opinion.  he knew.

Archived