Ryan Fitzpatrick and Alex Smith

Klecko73isGod

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

He beat one winning team, the Pats JV squad in week 16 last year.

If Fitz was as good as you say, don't you think he would have pulled out a win in week 1 versus the Bengals?

You have an 11 year history with a journeyman QB who has never sniffed the playoffs.

How can you possibly defend his 7-34 record against winning teams???????

Other than your love for Fitz (I swear you are related), I think you are a very good poster on the board.

Well if he was as good as they say he wouldn't have a 7-34 record against winning teams. And that includes all the games that were lost by just 1 point. 

1 hour ago, PatsFanTX said:

If Fitz was as good as you say, don't you think he would have pulled out a win in week 1 versus the Bengals?

You have an 11 year history with a journeyman QB who has never sniffed the playoffs.

Other than your love for Fitz (I swear you are related), I think you are a very good poster on the board.

Brady is on the Pats JV squad?

2 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

I know it doesn't fit your little trolling hissy fit but Fitz played 2 against the Pats, won 1, should have won 2. So don't know what your little superiority approach is there.  

The other teams with winning records?  Houston, who we lost to and Washington, who we beat.  

So your claim that his .172 percentage didn't go up as Jets QB is as wrong as most of your posts.  

Youre not even a halfway decent troll anymore.

3 hours ago, j4jets said:

Brady has made the playoffs in every season he has played in, except 2002. QBs have a massive effect. 

Yea great, cite the guy that is arguably the best QB of all time, playing for arguably the best coach of all time. Totally proves my entire point wrong. Not just the anomaly.

We all know QBs matter. There is a minuscule percentage of QBs that win without a sound team around them. Even Brady, a terrible example, only won it all when he had the defenses to balance offense.

4 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Yea great, cite the guy that is arguably the best QB of all time, playing for arguably the best coach of all time. Totally proves my entire point wrong. Not just the anomaly.

We all know QBs matter. There is a minuscule percentage of QBs that win without a sound team around them. Even Brady, a terrible example, only won it all when he had the defenses to balance offense.

Well let's not talk about Brady then. Let's talk about the other 4-5 elite QBs. Recently retired Peyton Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Ben, Wilson etc. They've all won the SB (some more than once). They've all had some really good success in the regular season and post season. I can't seem to remember an average QB that has had consistent success. 

You pointing out Fitz and essentially saying teams make the playoffs and not Fitz alone is absolutely true. Cuz Fitz not making the playoffs on 6 (or 7?) different franchises proves Fitz can only ride the bandwagon, not drive it. 

Pats 18-1 season was all offense. Brady was one fluke catch away from having the perfect season. When he got a few weapons, he became unstoppable. That so called "best coach of all time" that got fired by the Browns and was on the hot seat until he landed Brady, has been too smart to give Brady a half decent WR last several years. Marshall and Decker with Brady would blow up all the NFL passing/receiving records so please cut the crap that individuals don't make the playoffs. Of course there are 11 guys on your side at a time. You can have 10 average starters with Brady and he can win you games. You can have 10 above average starters overall and a below average QB along with a top D and you may still miss the playoffs. 

QB changes everything. An individual QB. 

10 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Shoot in the early two thousands Patriots defense won the majority of games. They hung around long enough for teams to make a mistake and stole many a victory.  Almost like they knew what the other team was going to do. Spooky.

15 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

As a Jets fan, would you take making the playoffs 14 out of 15 years with your starting QB?

Of course I would rather have the Pats success but don't take away one of our few great moments.

if BP didn't run off BB your success would have been ours these last 16 years and counting and you guys would be bashing us for cheating while we'd make excuses for it.

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Shoot in the early two thousands Patriots defense won the majority of games. They hung around long enough for teams to make a mistake and stole many a victory.  Almost like they knew what the other team was going to do. Spooky.

Their D's were so overrated back then, they were good but they were far from great.  

4 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

The D's were good, most people think they were great and that's not the case.  Brady was the key to winning all 4 SBs.

Yes. But the D and making the most of any advantage played a huge part in getting them to those Superbowls. Early in Brady's career they did not blow teams away like they do now.  Early on most of the games were flat out dogfights.  Not sure but it wasn't till Moss, then Gronk and the Serial killer that they started blowing teams away. I could be wrong but it's how I remember it.

40 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

The D's were good, most people think they were great and that's not the case.  Brady was the key to winning all 4 SBs.

They didn't put up great numbers but were a bend and not break defense that kept them in games.

34 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Yes. But the D and making the most of any advantage played a huge part in getting them to those Superbowls. Early in Brady's career they did not blow teams away like they do now.  Early on most of the games were flat out dogfights.  Not sure but it wasn't till Moss, then Gronk and the Serial killer that they started blowing teams away. I could be wrong but it's how I remember it.

Of course they played a role, In the 2001 playoffs they were outstanding until the 4th qtr of the SB but Brady made that dynasty go.

I think you are right, I always remember them pulling out close games late, they still do it but they sprinkle in some blowouts too.

11 hours ago, j4jets said:

Well let's not talk about Brady then. Let's talk about the other 4-5 elite QBs. Recently retired Peyton Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Ben, Wilson etc. They've all won the SB (some more than once). They've all had some really good success in the regular season and post season. I can't seem to remember an average QB that has had consistent success. 

You pointing out Fitz and essentially saying teams make the playoffs and not Fitz alone is absolutely true. Cuz Fitz not making the playoffs on 6 (or 7?) different franchises proves Fitz can only ride the bandwagon, not drive it. 

Pats 18-1 season was all offense. Brady was one fluke catch away from having the perfect season. When he got a few weapons, he became unstoppable. That so called "best coach of all time" that got fired by the Browns and was on the hot seat until he landed Brady, has been too smart to give Brady a half decent WR last several years. Marshall and Decker with Brady would blow up all the NFL passing/receiving records so please cut the crap that individuals don't make the playoffs. Of course there are 11 guys on your side at a time. You can have 10 average starters with Brady and he can win you games. You can have 10 above average starters overall and a below average QB along with a top D and you may still miss the playoffs. 

QB changes everything. An individual QB. 

You're still making a bad argument.

Nobody here would deny that QB makes a difference. But, they still don't win or lose on their own. Citing the GOAT QB, or the other 4-5 elite QBs, is absurd. You are citing hedge cases (yes, the top 4-5 QBs in the league are the exception, not the norm - and in many cases still need a balanced team to win it all, so you're doubly-wrong) to try and disprove that "teams win, not individuals"... a statement that is about as Captain Obvious a statement as there is.

The wronger you get, while trying to steer this towards an agenda, the more you'll dig in. So, I don't really care about any further counter-points you make.

5 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Defense and Vinatierri earned the first few rings. Super-offense Brady had a hard time winning it all without a defense. Revis helped him get the last one... well, that and Pete Carroll, and cheating of course.

Archived