Final Word On Deflategate - NY Time

Jetsfanri

And it was a witch hunt on Brady because it should of just been a fine for equipment tempering, but the owners wanted more cause they were tired of the Pats winning and supposedly getting away w everything. 

Meanwhile seattle gets caught for the 3rd time violating NFL policy. Im sure we can go around the league and find other franchises doing sh*t but naaaaaa...its only fun to b*tch about one particular team.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

he was an underrated college QB b/c of the Drew Henson fiasco at Michigan.  

if he went to the Lions I guarantee you they wouldn't have been as bad as they were in the 00s and BB wouldn't have any SBs and would be a DC somewhere today.

He'd of had Bledsoe. And could have won with him. And drafted a different Qb and developed them. You said no rings without Brady. That's a totally unfair statement. Which isn't possible to prove unless you go to an alternative non-Brady universe. Maybe one without cheating, too.

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

He'd of had Bledsoe. And could have won with him. And drafted a different Qb and developed them. You said no rings without Brady. That's a totally unfair statement. Which isn't possible to prove unless you go to an alternative non-Brady universe. Maybe one without cheating, too.

he was 5-13 w/ Bledsoe through 18 games with him.  Bledsoe was awful.

BB would have been fired by the end of 2002 and would be a DC somewhere today.

25 minutes ago, AFCEastFan said:

Don't mean to single you out, but what makes you think that this goes any further than the bar room or internet message boards, two things that I can assure you that the Patriots care less than zero about?  Who in the media is carrying the torch for the "cheaters" view that will be remembered 40 years from now? 

With occasional exceptions (e.g. Marshall Faulk), I don't think I've seen a talking head on TV doing anything other than fellate Belichick and the team, even after Spygate and DeflateGate.  And I don't think I've ever seen a power ranking, a catalogue of the best players, best super bowl teams, most entertaining super bowls, top coaches, what have you, exclude the Patriots from discussion or place them into a separate "cheaters" or "asterisk" category.  And since the HOF voters are the same writers who do not bash the Patriots in this way, it seems unlikely that the "taint" (such as it is) will follow anyone to the Hall. 

Unless things change dramatically in the media over the next 40 years, starting very soon, I think that 40 years from now the "taint" will exist only in the minds of non-Patriots fans over the age of 50 and those who are willing to listen to them. 

The taint is much more in play with fans of all teams than the talking heads on tv who have down played the incidents at every turn.  Go to pretty well any opposing teams fan forums and bring up the pats and you will get the cheating angle more than praise.  Long term opinions of teams get passed down from generation to generation whether it be actual father son kind of thing or fan base to fan base.

As for the media types?  After Belly and Brady are gone they will turn on the pats franchise so quick it will make your head spin, especially if more comes out regarding the pats misbehavior in the future as i expect to happen.

And it was a witch hunt on Brady because it should of just been a fine for equipment tempering, but the owners wanted more cause they were tired of the Pats winning and supposedly getting away w everything. 

Meanwhile seattle gets caught for the 3rd time violating NFL policy. Im sure we can go around the league and find other franchises doing sh*t but naaaaaa...its only fun to b*tch about one particular team.

a90a182c7c610d99d5a37b4e57277f76.jpg

9 minutes ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

Classic!

The ol' "Everybody does it" Patsfan excuse.  You never disappoint!

Just now, nyjunc said:

he was 5-13 w/ Bledsoe through 18 games with him.  Bledsoe was awful.

BB would have been fired by the end of 2002 and would be a DC somewhere today.

You're counting that first 2000 season. And I'm giving him a Mulligan for that his first year with the team. You make a reasonable point when you say that Brady was major with NEP and probably no 4 rings without him. But to say they were nothing without him and BB is a DC and not a head coach is weak. Ask around the NFL: who's the best coach in the league. Belichick will win hands down. I personally think he'd have won with Bledsoe and found and developed someone the way he is doing now with Jimmy. And if Jimmy went somewhere else would he be this good? 

10 years from now, when BB and Brady retire, they're going to release a Netflix special uncovering every little aspect of cheating those frauds have been exposed for and then much much more because we all know this goes way deeper than what they've been busted for at this point.

And 10 years from now, after that undeniably accurate documentary is released, Cheatriots fans will be on this wonderful site telling us the "truth" as they remain in complete denial that they're favorite team are the biggest frauds in the history of sports. 

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Classic!

The ol' "Everybody does it" Patsfan excuse.  You never disappoint!

Yeah but he doesnt need to come to a Jets board and defend Brady because there is nothing to defend.  Never mind the fact he only posts in threads where he runs to the defense Brady for things that dont need to be defended.

He's got better things to do with his time, ok?

3 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Pats are 2-0. Glad that Brady is serving his suspension, but the Pats are showing that they're more than just a deflated football and Tom Brady. 

Garrapolo put up 240 yards and 3 TD's in 20 mins of play before the injury. That's just ridiculous production. 

The deflated footballs was never about Brady's play. It was always about ball security. Look at their fumble percentage for this season. Not fumbles lost, but fumbles put on the ground. Local radio cited that the percentage is way up this year from them, in just 2 games. I haven't corroborated the stats, but trust they wouldn't say so in jest. Given that it's the Pats station.

Just now, ghost_in_pads02 said:

yes versus the "I have no counter point" post. That also is a favorite. 

I'll take that as an admission that you succumb to the stupid and tempting "everybody does it" excuse.  Which, FYI, excuses NOTHING.  LOL.  You so funny.  Try again.

9 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

You're counting that first 2000 season. And I'm giving him a Mulligan for that his first year with the team. You make a reasonable point when you say that Brady was major with NEP and probably no 4 rings without him. But to say they were nothing without him and BB is a DC and not a head coach is weak. Ask around the NFL: who's the best coach in the league. Belichick will win hands down. I personally think he'd have won with Bledsoe and found and developed someone the way he is doing now with Jimmy. And if Jimmy went somewhere else would he be this good? 

why does he get a mulligan?  and he started the second season at 0-2 w/ Bledsoe before going 11-3 w/ Brady.

Garrapolo was a high pick in the system for a few years and he played a good game and a half.  Browning Nagle looked pretty damn good after a game and half too.

2 minutes ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

yes versus the "I have no counter point" post. That also is a favorite. 

Listen, Sean, I'm going to call you Sean. Chances are your name is Sean, or Brian. Is it Bryan? Either way, you are the dumbest Pats fan troll I've ever seen post... which is saying a lot. You aren't good at boasting. You haven't figured out the whole "in good fun" ball-busting tone. You have zero wit whatsoever. 

You're basically the guy in the western movie bar brawl scene who walks through the saloon doors and gets hit in the face with a chair and falls right back out of the picture.

Totally irrelevant.

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I'll take that as an admission that you succumb to the stupid and tempting "everybody does it" excuse.  Which, FYI, excuses NOTHING.  LOL.  You so funny.  Try again.

take it how ever you want to take it, it's the internet you were going to anyways.

reality. 2-0 back up looked better then your starter. welp!

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Listen, Sean, I'm going to call you Sean. Chances are your name is Sean, or Brian. Is it Bryan? Either way, you are the dumbest Pats fan troll I've ever seen post... which is saying a lot. You aren't good at boasting. You haven't figured out the whole "in good fun" ball-busting tone. You have zero wit whatsoever. 

You're basically the guy in the western movie bar brawl scene who walks through the saloon doors and gets hit in the face with a chair and falls right back out of the picture.

Totally irrelevant.

But yet...you took the time to respond to me....when is the next time you're going to respond to me and tell me how irrelevant I am and it's suppose to affect me?

please share?

Oh and the name is not Brian.

ok Richard, excuse i mean D*ck?

33 minutes ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

Come on Crusher. You are smarter than this. Never once said nobody outside this board doesn't share the same views as you guys, but that still doesn't mean you guys are not illogical when discussing this crap.

some air was let out. Get over it. Didnt affect the game, already been said, and proven it had nothing to do with the game on top of Legends recalling stories of their players "bending the rules" 

You guys, the NFL and its owners got what you wanted. Brady suspended. Still doesn't matter they are still winning. Welp! 

The NFL and Goodell is so mad.

So we have to agree with you to be logical? Sounds legit. First of all it doesn't matter if it effected the game or not. If a drunk driver gets pulled over he gets a ticket. The cop doesn't say," Hey dude you didn't kill no one so it really doesn't matter."  Do I really have to sit here and explain to you the difference between bending the rules and breaking them? 

OK fine. Go get a tree branch that's 50% dried out. Grab it by both ends and begin to bend it.  Bend it right until it is about to break, then STOP!!!  once you stop it's a little out of shape but still pretty much the same thing you started with. Then just go beast mode and bend it till it breaks. If you struggle ask your sister to help. LOL Kidding!!  Once it breaks you will notice it is lesser and changes forever.  That's the difference between legends bending the rules and The Patriots breaking the rules. You guys have change the rules of the game, hell a few of the new rule are a direct result of your actions.  The game is lessened because of it. Period.

Personally I never wanted Brady top get suspended. I would have just preferred him and the Patriots not breaking the rules in the first place. Pretty sure the owners would rather have it that way as well.

Goodell should be mad. He burned the spygate tapes and probably thought it would be the last time they would "bend" the rules enough to put him on the spot. He was wrong. He mad.

5 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

why does he get a mulligan?  and he started the second season at 0-2 w/ Bledsoe before going 11-3 w/ Brady.

Garrapolo was a high pick in the system for a few years and he played a good game and a half.  Browning Nagle looked pretty damn good after a game and half too.

Belichick developed Brady and I think he would have found a different Qb. And IMO his career without Brady would have been great. But no 4 rings. 

4 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Belichick developed Brady and I think he would have found a different Qb. And IMO his career without Brady would have been great. But no 4 rings. 

in that one season w/ BB he turned a no talent into the greatest QB of all time? he really is good.

7 minutes ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

But yet...you took the time to respond to me....when is the next time you're going to respond to me and tell me how irrelevant I am and it's suppose to affect me?

please share?

Oh and the name is not Brian.

ok Richard, excuse i mean D*ck?

It clearly affects you.

Me taking the time to respond by insulting you doesn't make you relevant. It just makes me mean-spirited.

Nailed it on your name. I knew I would. 

So we have to agree with you to be logical? Sounds legit. First of all it doesn't matter if it effected the game or not. If a drunk driver gets pulled over he gets a ticket. The cop doesn't say," Hey dude you didn't kill no one so it really doesn't matter."  Do I really have to sit here and explain to you the difference between bending the rules and breaking them? 

OK fine. Go get a tree branch that's 50% dried out. Grab it by both ends and begin to bend it.  Bend it right until it is about to break, then STOP!!!  once you stop it's a little out of shape but still pretty much the same thing you started with. Then just go beast mode and bend it till it breaks. If you struggle ask your sister to help. LOL Kidding!!  Once it breaks you will notice it is lesser and changes forever.  That's the difference between legends bending the rules and The Patriots breaking the rules. You guys have change the rules of the game, hell a few of the new rule are a direct result of your actions.  The game is lessened because of it. Period.

Personally I never wanted Brady top get suspended. I would have just preferred him and the Patriots not breaking the rules in the first place. Pretty sure the owners would rather have it that way as well.

Goodell should be mad. He burned the spygate tapes and probably thought it would be the last time they would "bend" the rules enough to put him on the spot. He was wrong. He mad.

WTF Crush, you been taking posting lessons from Sperm?

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

never implied agreeing with me is logical??? Do i have to explain to you what logical is? And please don't use real life situations to discuss sports. It's sports man!

So you are still allowed to use Stickem on your hands? Carmen Policy violating the NFL salary cap while with the San Francisco 49ers  is more looked at as "bending the rules" and not breaking them?? ...i mean who knows, those dynasty 49er teams could of benefited from that...

I'm sure The patriots being caught in another rule violation scandal would piss him off(it should, Its annoying) just as a player or players still getting caught for taken ban substances or having any off field issues......any going against "the shield" is a bad look right?

It's all under the same umbrella, of course some view it differently than others. 

he is mad like you because this was suppose to slow the patriots down....it clearly hasn't. 

1 minute ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

never implied agreeing with me is logical??? Do i have to explain to you what logical is? And please don't use real life situations to discuss sports. It's sports man!

So you are still allowed to use Stickem on your hands? Carmen Policy violating the NFL salary cap while with the San Francisco 49ers  is more looked at as "bending the rules" and not breaking them?? ...i mean who knows, those dynasty 49er teams could of benefited from that...

I'm sure The patriots being caught in another rule violation scandal would piss him off(it should, Its annoying) just as a player or players still getting caught for taken ban substances or having any off field issues......any going against "the shield" is a bad look right?

It's all under the same umbrella, of course some view it differently than others. 

he is mad like you because this was suppose to slow the patriots down....it clearly hasn't. 

Real life situations?  LOL  It's all under the same umbrella? Yes. Crushlove and Goodell are pissed because all of the drummed up accusations have all failed to stop the mighty Patriots. Is it too late to apologize?  For one Im sorry. 

26 minutes ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

2-0 back up looked better then your starter. welp!

Not relevant to the thread topic.  Nice attempt at another deflection from the topic of the Patriots confirmed cheating.  

Defending scumbags must be such a chore. You monitor these threads until you see "Brady" "Cheating" and the like.  You are a good watchdog.  Good boy!  If you were here I'd give you a treat.   The Patriots should be thankful that you invest your time here defending their lying, cheating and other scumbag behaviors.  Somebody has to do it!

11 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

in that one season w/ BB he turned a no talent into the greatest QB of all time? he really is good.

Well he did a pretty good job with 2 Qbs, Cassel and Brady who weren't even first string in college. And sure you can give him a Mulligan for 2000. And Brady was on the team. Bill Walsh was 2-14 his first season with SF with Montana on the team, too. Neither guy was great just because of their Qbs. Both teams had other great players, too. Without Viniaterri one less ring right there. And no way Walsh or BB don't have distinguished HC careers without either Montana or Brady.

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

Well he did a pretty good job with 2 Qbs, Cassel and Brady who weren't even first string in college. And sure you can give him a Mulligan for 2000. And Brady was on the team. Bill Walsh was 2-14 his first season with SF with Montana on the team, too. Neither guy was great just because of their Qbs. Both teams had other great players, too. Without Viniaterri one less ring right there. And no way Walsh or BB don't have distinguished HC careers without either Montana or Brady.

Brady was a starter in college.

Cassell was not but had been in NE system for many years, he went from 16-0 w/ Brady against much tougher sched to 10-5 w/ Cassell starting against creampuff sched and MISSED the playoffs.  Cassell then led KC to a div title.

of course you need more talent than just the QB but w/o the QB in NE they don't become a dynasty.  what team has ever become a dynasty w/o a great QB?

7 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Real life situations?  LOL  It's all under the same umbrella? Yes. Crushlove and Goodell are pissed because all of the drummed up accusations have all failed to stop the mighty Patriots. Is it too late to apologize?  For one Im sorry. 

didn't you compare "braking or bending" The NFL rules to "braking or bending" the law? 

Ok it's quite obviouss Goodell is not mad that the pats are on top that was me having fun with the pats success and you as a Jet fan is not mad? One of your teams rival is still on top? Isnt that part of being a fan?? A Die-hard Jet fan at that? 

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Not relevant to the thread topic.  Nice attempt at another deflection from the topic of the Patriots confirmed cheating.  

Defending scumbags must be such a chore. You monitor these threads until you see "Brady" "Cheating" and the like.  You are a good watchdog.  Good boy!  If you were here I'd give you a treat.   The Patriots should be thankful that you invest your time here defending their lying, cheating and other scumbag behaviors.  Somebody has to do it!

Well TX and a few other pats fans are here..so they do need me to defend them. I just come and go. 

1 minute ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

didn't you compare "braking or bending" The NFL rules to "braking or bending" the law? 

Ok it's quite obviouss Goodell is not mad that the pats are on top that was me having fun with the pats success and you as a Jet fan is not mad? One of your teams rival is still on top? Isnt that part of being a fan?? A Die-hard Jet fan at that? 

No I compared breaking a law not mattering if the net result wasn't measurable.  I compared braking or bending an NFL rule to breaking a stick. Or trying to in your case. I think you are describing a fair weather fan. As a real Jet fan I really can't relate to being on top. Plus Im fat so the whole on top thing is pretty much hypothetical.

4 minutes ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

Braking?  Braking for what?

Archived