Final Word On Deflategate - NY Time

Jetsfanri

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

.You pick and choose facts to match your criteria and overall talking points. In this case Brady could do no wrong and BB would be nothing without him.  Some are true and others are half truths. Kind of like politics.

Dryden from Lawrence of Arabia:

I may have told lies.  But you have told half lies. A man who lies merely hides the truth, while a man who tells half lies forgot where he put it.

8 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

.You pick and choose facts to match your criteria and overall talking points. In this case Brady could do no wrong and BB would be nothing without him.  Some are true and others are half truths. Kind of like politics.

I am posting facts.  sorry it doesn't line up with what you believe.

6 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Now you've gone too far. Even Rex would have a good laugh on that one. 

he led a less talented team into Foxboro w/ a QB everyone says sucks and whipped the Pats on the road in the div rd.  Imagine what he would have done if he had Brady?

rex w/ us was certainly head and shoulders better than BB w/ Cleveland.

If Rex had Brady he'd be a HOF coach too.  Rex whooped you in the div round w/ the much maligned Mark Sanchez in the biggest game ever btw the two coaches and two teams.

Damn junc, you spin crap better than I do.

Congrats!

9 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Nah, other than your delusional love affair when it comes to Fitz, I've concluded that you are a very good poster who would never say something that dumb.

I have no love affair with the Qb position. It's not the end all be all. You can win without a great one. But you can't without a good one. Fitz qualifies. 

I have no love affair with the Qb position. It's not the end all be all. You can win without a great one. But you can't without a good one. Fitz qualifies. 

So what is your opinion on Fitz's career record of 7-34 against teams with a winning record?

You think that might have something to do with him never playing in a playoff game in 11 years?

2 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Thanks! I'm aware....they didn't allow our videographer to use their drone because we were too close to the "providence" airport....:rolleyes:

I live in Warwick also!  We set off some of those Asian kites that you light a candle in and they float away like little hot air balloons...we are about 5 miles from PVD airport and the cops rolled by!

Where is warwick was the wedding?

3 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Also can I just say how big of a fan I am of assigning resident Pats fans random first names as nicknames. Now I can live my dream of addressing PatriotReign by the name I have always wanted to call him: Elmer.

PatriotReign always struck me as a Seamus. 

That said, I'm glad you feel inspired and would never nitpick over mocking these poorly-bred, white t-shirt wearing, silver-plated chain wearing, House of Pain goofballs.

The reason this article is so good is that it has nothing to do with any of the noise that fills 7 pages of this thread. 

These are people of science, they basically said there is no scientific explanation for less air in the balls...not one. These guys investigate bridge collapses, structural failures, are a public company, and candidly had ZERO vested interest in the outcome of the situation. 

So whether it was Brady, the ball boy, or the King of England makes no difference to them. The balls were altered intentionally, and everything else is noise. 

3 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Not joking even a bit. There is a pats fan in my office who looks and sounds like peter griffin, and like the general stereotype, is quite simple. He's lived his entire life in northern CT and will live here till he passes, played high school football, married his high school sweetheart, hates traveling and doing anything out of his comfort zone, had this one job his entire life and will always have this one job....and his mom is an admin in our firm. His name is Bryan.

You can come visit my office if you don't believe me. 

They are all named Sean, Patrick and/or Bryan.

Every time I meet a Bryan here, I hear the Beastie Boys rip through my mind: "My name's not O'Houlihee, nor is it BRYYYYYYYANN"

19 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

So what is your opinion on Fitz's career record of 7-34 against teams with a winning record?

You think that might have something to do with him never playing in a playoff game in 11 years?

I'm looking at present tense not the 2005 Rams. 

20 minutes ago, Jetsfanri said:

The reason this article is so good is that it has nothing to do with any of the noise that fills 7 pages of this thread. 

These are people of science, they basically said there is no scientific explanation for less air in the balls...not one. These guys investigate bridge collapses, structural failures, are a public company, and candidly had ZERO vested interest in the outcome of the situation. 

So whether it was Brady, the ball boy, or the King of England makes no difference to them. The balls were altered intentionally, and everything else is noise. 

Ah, but I did not see any mention in the report of the possible use of a Star Trek transporter. "Scotty, beam some air out of those footballs".1psi should do." :) 

I'm looking at present tense not the 2005 Rams. 

So in the present tense, you somehow think Fitz will magically start beating winning teams, even though he has a .171 career winning percentage against such teams?

That's the equivalent of the Washington Generals running off a 10 game winning streak against the Trotters.

Good luck with that.

5 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

My...wife...and I just got married in Warwick last weekend. RI is one of our favorite states. Newport, Providence, the Brown campus. Honestly, the only downside is that it reeks of pats country. 

I really liked him as a mayor. He would ride his horse down the street and treat everyone with boatloads of respect. 

TX you never cease to amaze few know he is. ☺️

1 minute ago, PatsFanTX said:

So in the present tense, you somehow think Fitz will magically start beating winning teams, even though he has a .171 career winning percentage against such teams?

That's the equivalent of the Washington Generals running off a 10 game winning streak against the Trotters.

Good luck with that.

I wouldn't bet my house on it. But he's played better than satisfactory for the past several years now. I did put some money on it when I went to Vegas in Feb. I also bet on the Browns at 200-1. 

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

When we see some person who has been charged or convicted of drunk driving or driving with out a license 4 times in the news we know pretty well that for a person to be caught that many times they have gotten away with it many many more times.  In my mind this is the way it is with the Pats, we've seen the camera issue and the ball deflation issue but they have gotten away with even more egregious actions most likely.  such as stealing play books, bugging opposing teams locker rooms and tampering with head sets.  All things that have been rumored to have happened.

The Pats organization and their fans feel hard done by regarding the scandals and punishments when it is probably the tip of the ice berg and could be much worse, I believe much more will come out in this regard over the years after thus regime moves on.  No matter what 40 years from now instead of being looked upon as a dynasty with great players and great coaches like the 49ers, pittsburghs, cowboys, raiders of the world they will be looked on as cheaters first and foremost and they have no one but themselves to blame for the taint.

POTW

I really liked him as a mayor. He would ride his horse down the street and treat everyone with boatloads of respect. 

TX you never cease to amaze few know he is.

I loved Rhode Island, best summer of my young life was a beach house right on Scarborough beach.

I still can't figure out the Buddy phenomena, the guy was loved by every single person who lived in Providence!

3 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

I loved Rhode Island, best summer of my young life was a beach house right on Scarborough beach.

I still can't figure out the Buddy phenomena, the guy was loved by every single person who lived in Providence!

That's how you get re-elected with a criminal record.

:Plaintively looks down at the white table cloth, nods, and picks up a bread crumb between his thumb and forefinger, pitching it to the floor:

That the Pats cheated was never in doubt. It is, and will always be, and evergreen fact that will burden their legacy for the rest of time. They are the Barry Bonds of the NFL. No one will ever speak of their achievements without the damning addendum. Forever.

:Plaintively looks down at the white table cloth, nods, and picks up a bread crumb between his thumb and forefinger, pitching it to the floor:

That the Pats cheated was never in doubt. It is, and will always be, and evergreen fact that will burden their legacy for the rest of time. They are the Barry Bonds of the NFL. No one will ever speak of their achievements without the damning addendum. Forever.

Do you realize the Pats have won more AFCE titles in the last 3 years than the Jets have won in the last 46 years?

Gotta thank junc for that great stat.

Just now, PatsFanTX said:

Do you realize the Pats have won more AFCE titles in the last 3 years than the Jets have won in the last 46 years?

Gotta thank junc for that great stat.

Yes. They've won a lot. But nobody anywhere outside of Boston thinks of the winning when they talk about the Patriots. Fair or not, they're going to be remembered for the chicanery.

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yes. They've won a lot. But nobody anywhere outside of Boston thinks of the winning when they talk about the Patriots. Fair or not, they're going to be remembered for the chicanery.

There's no fair/objective viewpoint that would allow it to be any other way, nor should there be.  They're the blacksox of our era, except the sport has gotten too big for the league to take action and ban anyone or strip any false awards.  This is why they had to destroy the spygate tapes before anyone else saw them and tell all of us there was nothing to see.  

Again, the only thing that matters in the NFL is wins and losses.

If you want sportsmanship, integrity, ethics and gamesmanship, saddle up your high white horse and ride down to a Pop Warner game and pick up your valuable participation trophy.

There is not one fan of the other 31 teams who would not sign up for a run like the Pats accomplished over the last 15 years.

Just now, PatsFanTX said:

Again, the only thing that matters in the NFL is wins and losses.

If you want sportsmanship, integrity, ethics and gamesmanship, saddle up your high white horse and ride down to a Pop Warner game and pick up your valuable participation trophy.

I hate participation trophies as much as I hate cheaters. I feel so conflicted right now.

Archived